Future's Promise*STARTING*(FF, Adult) SPOT OPEN

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Future's Promise*STARTING*(FF, NC-17) SPOT OPEN

Post by isabelle »

*Lex*

My heart sinks as I hear that Uncle Max has already given Zan away. I so hoped that we'd get here before that. We were so close. So close. I don't even want to think about my lovely Zan as an infant in that place. I realize what I'm thinking and feeling and I immediately school my emotions. I continue to stroke Zan's back sending all the reassurance and love that I can muster. I want you. I love you. You're not alone.

With an effort, I raise my eyes to Uncle Max, trying to stay as calm as possible. "Maybe it's not too late. You have to get him back. And then we can all destroy that place."
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Lana

"I sent him away a week ago so he'd be safe. The FBI will never find him."

Oh no, no no no, this can't be happening. We're too late. We've missed by one lousy week. Of all the rotten luck.

I'm no empath, but I can sense what my twin is feeling. I know how much he cares for Zan and I also know that he was wanting to change things for Zan by coming back, by not letting him have to go through everything he had to.

"Maybe it's not too late. You have to get him back. And then we can all destroy that place." My brother puts on what I think is a show of false optimism, but his idea certainly has merit. He's right. It's not over yet. I refuse to believe that we've lost after coming this far. I just hope than Zan doesn't lose it again - he has every right to because to say that he must be disappointed is a terrible understatement. But a temper tantrum is the last thing we need - we simply can't afford to stand around and be upset about things at the moment.

"If that's the case, we can't waste any more time," I say. Every second counts. He said a week. Has it been exactly a week since they gave him up, and was Zan taken exactly a week afterwards? For all we know, they might not have him just yet. "Do you know where to find the family that adopted him?"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

No. No, this can't be happening. It can't be true. I didn't just give Zan to the FBI. It was so hard to do that, to keep him safe. I'm still not over it. I still miss him almost every minute. This can't be.

I squeeze Liz's hand harder than I intended, squeezing my eyes shut, and breathing deeply, trying to process everything. What if this is all a trick by the FBI to make me find Zan for them? Then they'd have my son and me, too. What if they take Isabel and Michael, too? Or kill them. Dominick said the FBI killed us...

No, the FBI could never make people appear from nowhere in the Granolith chamber. Nicholas and Khivar, then. If Zan was in danger, I'd feel it. I'd felt him before. ... Of course, I just felt something from that tall boy in the back, the one called Zan. What if it's real? Maybe me not feeling anything from my baby just means he's not been taken yet, that there's still time. Or maybe that spike of emotion wasn't from this boy in front of me but from little Zan and he is in danger.

Lana mentioned the family Zan is with -- family. Why would she say that if he were really with the FBI? Was it a slip? Maybe Zan could be safe and I could be leading them right to him. The only thing scarier than that would be if this really is the truth and he's already with the FBI and we're all soon going to be dead and our other children captured.

I open my eyes and level my gaze at the group. "I don't know where he is, but I'll find him and we'll stop this -- if you can prove you're really who you say you are."

"Prove?!" Vega challenges, almost shouting. "What kind of proof do you need? Who else steps out of the Granolith? You want a display of powers?" She waves her hand, creating a ball of light -- something any Skin could do. "A DNA test? I'm not giving you samples to take to some lab."

"Of course not," I say quickly to reassure her and the others. I hadn't even thought about DNA tests. Liz is great at science but that would be a bit beyond her. And there's no way I'd send any samples out anywhere. My eyes focus on Zan. I continue cautiously. I've seen how fragile he is. I don't know if he'll agree to this. "I only need Zan. If it's him, I'll know. I just need to touch him."
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Zan

Vega's yell startles me out of my thoughts. I'm not really surprised to find out we are too late to save me. That is just the kind of luck that has always followed me around. Maybe I am cursed.

"I only need Zan. If it's him, I'll know. I just need to touch him." Max says and I feel all eyes falling on me. I hate it when people look at me. I look over at Dominic as if to see what he thinks and he just nods his head. I then look to Lex to see see what he thinks I should do.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: Oh!! So so sorry, for some reason I had it in my head that Zan was taken from a family. My bad!! Should I just edit that out?
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- nah. Unless Athenea says differently, I think it's fine. No reason to think that Zan wasn't with a family -- even if it was a sham family set up by the FBI. The adoption agency wouldn't hand him off to a lab. There must have been some "family" pretending to take him.

Or, as you say, a real family who actually started to adopt him before the FBI stepped in.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Lex*

Zan looks at me and I offer a slight smile. I can't help but fall in love again everytime I that look. He seems almost lost, looking to me for direction.

"It'll be okay. I'll be right with you," I promise. I don't know what Max is planning. I'm sure it's a little more than just touching, but I doubt it'll be anything that'll preclude me being there, holding his hand.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: Haha, okay then :)
LyricsToMyLife
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LyricsToMyLife »

OOC: can i be max? and I'll temp for anyone that hasn't posted in awhile ;-)
They were all linked. Everyone in the group. But Max was the leader, not because he was a King, or ruler in another time, it was because Max was the glue, it was unspoken but true. Max was the one that brought them all together, that KEPT them together. And Liz is what held Max together.
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Lyrics I sent you a PM :D

Zan

"It'll be okay. I'll be right with you," Lex says and that is a huge comfort for me. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like without him, then I think that possibility is just too much for me to handle.

I step forward towards Max until I am standing right in front of him. Vega's mother is standing right next to him and I eye them both a little warily. "I don't like to be touched." I confess to him, my voice barely coming out in a whisper.