Roswell - a musical (UC/CC ADULT) *Starting*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Roswell - a musical (UC/CC ADULT) *Starting*

Post by madroswellfan »

Under NO circumstances can anyone under the age of 17 read or participate in this RPG. NO if's, and's or buts...

Title: Roswell – a musical
Disclaimer - We own nothing. Nothing from Roswell or any movie/musical role in any way shape or form.
Rating: ADULT
Couples UC and CC
With aliens

Roswell the musical is an rpg where players will post as if it’s a musical. Characters are extreme and players will post parts as if in song.

I’m giving you guys a fairly large scope on characters so I’m going to be asking for samples. Basically, if you want to be involved please send me a pm saying who you want and from what musical or Blockbuster movie you want your character to be based on. Please make sure the movie is one that everyone will know. I’ll then see if I think that the character is different enough from everyone else’s and that I think the sample works and the parts yours! Characters must be based on a musical or blockbuster movie character but have something about them that makes them there character from Roswell.

The roleplay is UC/CC because it depends on you guys who couples off with who. I will try and come up with a basic storyline depending on the characters we have.

To give you an example, my character will be Liz Parker, modelled on “Mimi” from the musical “Rent”. So Liz will be a drug abuser, who has little money and works at the “Cat Scratch Club” aka the stripper/dancer bar.

Cast
Liz – MadRoswellFan (As Mimi from Rent)
Max – DreamWeaver (As the Phantom of the Opera)
Michael – DreamWeaver (As Christian from Moulin Rouge)
Maria – FaithfulAngel24 (As Penny Lane from Almost Famous)
Tess – Alizaleven (As Elphaba from Wicked)
Kyle – MadRoswellFan (As Danny from Grease)
AND any others anyone else wants to add!

Rules:
1) Long posts (at least two paragraphs) with expression.
2) I’d like a sample post showing me your character and telling me who your character is based on.
3) No rushing! No drastic changes to the story line unless you've contacted us and other players involved.
4) If you aren't going to be a round for a while, please say so we can arrange a temp. If we don't here for you for a while and you don't tell us we will recast.
5) At points in the rpg I would like players to include there characters singing a song that shows what they’re feeling. Also scenes should be dramatic like in a musical.
6) Have FUN!

ETA - If anyone wants to play Alex or Isabel, let me know and I will re-add them.
Last edited by madroswellfan on Fri May 18, 2007 2:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

I can't wait for this one! :wink:
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Okay so at the minute I'm thinking I might remove Alex and Isabel until someone requests...
Which leaves Kyle and Michael.
I will take one...anyone else up to temping the other?
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

Bumping this! :D I can take Kyle or Michael, just let me know Mel.
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

ok so im starting! If anyone wants to add characters feel free - maybe we could have some originals?

Ok SO I'm making it a monday night in Roswell - you can do as you want - but perhaps we can have all the characters in town - maybe in clubs or the cafe or at the cat scratch club etc.

You don't have to sing whole songs and you don't have to do one every post. You can also split songs up over posts.

These posts are bad - sorry im doing this quickly whilst I still have net access
~~~~~LIZ~~~~~ (singing Like it or Not by Madonna)
You can call me a sinner
You can call me a saint
Celebrate me for who I am
Dislike me for what I ain't

I dance closer to the men as I sing my song to them. It's appropriate.

Put me up on a pedestal
Or drag me down in the dirt
Sticks and stones will break my bones
But your names will never hurt

Don't judge me. I'm happy. I like the way I am. I have fun. That's what matters. I don't need to be clean, and I don't need people telling me what to do. I'm happy.

I'll be the garden
You be the snake
All of my fruit is yours to take
Better the devil that you know
Your love for me will grow
Because

This is who I am
You can
Like it or not
You can
Love me or leave me
Cus I'm never gonna stop
No no

My patrons money and I make enough money to get by. Ok, maybe I haven't been eating well, but I'm alive.

~~~~~KYLE~~~~~ (singing Prowlin' from grease 2 - lyrics slightly changed)
As we walk down the high street, my friend looks at me and smiles.

"Well, come on and tell us Kyle
What's the secret of success?
"

I smirk as I answer back,
You gotta take a tip from the king of hip
'Cause you know that he's the best.

We stride down the street, and I wink at a couple of girls as we pass.

We're goin' prowlin', we're goin' prowlin' tonight!
I see you're hungry for a lover,
Gotta find a chick who'll give you more.
Well, there's a spot that I've discovered
Where a guy's guaranteed to score.

I'm gonna show you cats some action,
Like you've never seen before.
We're gonna get some satisfaction
Down at the grocery store!

We're goin' prowlin' (walk, talk like a T-Bird)
Prowlin' (walk, talk like a T-Bird)
Prowowowlin' tonight!
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

*Maria*

*You wanna know more, more, more about me
I'm the girl who's kicking the coke machine
I'm the one that's honking at you cause I left late again*

I step off the bus and into the crowd. Taking a good look at my surroundings I let out a relieved sigh. I am home. After being on tour with the hottest band in the country for eight weeks I am desperate for the familiar. I can’t wait to grab some fries at the local burger joint and sleep in my own bed for a change.

*Hey! Hey! Hey!*

Don't get me wrong. I adore life on the road. Inspiring musicians to greatness is what I do best. However as fulfilling as it may be there is also a twinge of loneliness in the craft. For while my role of 'muse' captivates the creator at times it leaves me feeling vacant. I can never let my true feelings be known. My guard can never come down. It isn't safe.

*Can't you see I want you by the way I push you away, Ya!
Don't judge me tomorrow by the way I'm acting today
Mix the words up with the actions do it all for your reaction Ya!
Hey! Hey!
Get tangled up in me*

Some conservatives disapprove of my free spirited nature. I say to hell with them. I'm going to live my life on my own terms. I want to make the world a beautiful and more enjoyable place to live. Rules and obligations just weigh us down. I am a simple creature and in an essence that makes me very complicated.

*You wanna know more, more, more about me
Gotta know reverse psychology
I'm the reason why you can't get to sleep
I'm the girl you never get just quite what you see*

I've met many men who didn't know how to kiss ,and yet I have always found the time to teach them. :wink: I don't have 'boyfriends'. I don't believe in confining oneself to such labels. I’ve got a lot of pretty pretty boys I call friends. Let’s just leave it at that.

There are so many women out there who confess to be liberated and yet they badger their own female companions. Accusations begin to fly about their lack of values. I have engaged in what could be categorized as scandalous activity and yet I value myself above all else. I will not fit into any mold. I am different. Special.

*Hey! Hey! Hey! *

Walking into a cafe I smile brightly at the man next to the counter. The woman beside me frowns and takes a step back. Many fear what they do not understand. I ignore her gesture and sway right over. I will not let her negative energy affect me. "So what's good here?" I questions with a friendly smile.

*You think that you know me
You think that I'm only
When everything I do is only to get tangled up in you
You wanna know more, more, more about me
I'm the girl that's sweeping you off your feet*
:D

(Song: Tangled Up in Me By: Skye Sweetnam)
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment