What Real Life's Like Thread 4 (CC TEEN)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

Alex

After what felt like forever, Isabel finally took my hand in hers. For a moment, I was extremely worried that I went too far with my move. I know we're in public but it's not like anyone can see through the table and see us holding hands.

At Isabel's raised eyebrows, I shrug helplessly. I wish I knew what was up, it seems as if we two missed out on something very important when we were outside earlier. But really ... whatever it was ... I'm still glad about Isabel and me leaving the club for a while.

I move my thumb lazily around Isabel's skin - at least the bit I can reach. If my hands could roam on their own will ... *sigh* not gonna happen. The fingers of my other hand start tapping softly on the table as I glance back at Liz who's still looking at the others who aren't with us yet. I wonder what keeps them.

"This is weird!" I tell Isabel, hoping she can hear me. The music is loud after all but I didn't speak too loud either because I don't want Liz to overhear me talking about her.
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KaraGail »

Isabel

"This is weird!" Alex said loud enough for my ears only. I had to agree with him on that. Although he had dragged Liz over to the table with him she still seemed to be far away.

Figuring that she wasn't aware of us and the cameras were focused on Kyle, Tess and Max, I turned to Alex, "I just wanted you to know that I wasn't trying to get anything started with Kyle when we left you guys. I'm not that kind of girl."
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Tess doesn't answer right away and suddenly Kyle's chiming in, asking if Tess is sick. I'd almost forgotten he was there. He had come to invite us to join them but Tess's odd behavior had my attention for the moment. As much as I wanted to join Isabel and Liz, I couldn't just leave Tess when she was obviously not happy. She seems to have perked up a bit as Kyle arrived. Putting on a brave face for the group, I'm guessing. But she shouldn't have to force her way through the evening if it's not working for her for some reason.

I glance at Kyle and then my eyes drift to Liz. What a shame. I was just starting to feel like I could talk to her but I guess I'll have to wait before I try anymore. Probably better that way, anyway. I'd probably mess things up by pushing too much.

"I'll take you home," I promise Tess. Then I look up at Kyle. "You don't have to cut your evening short."
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Kyle

"I'll take you home,"

Does Tess want to go home? I didn't hear her say anything like that but then again, the music is rather loud I must admit.

"You don't have to cut your evening short."

Hey, I can't leave those two alone, who knows what might happen! I mean, there are cameras around, I wouldn't want the whole world to watch them getting even closer to each other.

"Thanks but really, I won't mind leaving ... this way, I'm at least around when someone with a car leaves and I don't have to search for someone or they for me, you know?"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Alex

"I just wanted you to know that I wasn't trying to get anything started with Kyle when we left you guys. I'm not that kind of girl."

I blink a bit startled at this since it is a totally different topic. My fingers still their tapping for a second before continuing, much slower.

Did I appear that jealous, angry earlier? Or is she so worried that I might call things off because she fears I thought I flirted with Kyle? I hope it's not the first but the second option would have me look like a control freak, wouldn't it?

Glancing momentary at Liz (still looking at the rest), I turn my attention back to Isabel. "It's okay. I didn't think you were trying to hit on Kyle. Really." I squeeze her hand underneath the table in reassurance. "I was curious what you were talking about but that's it."

I give her a warm smile after my words, hoping I could convince her. "Hey, you talked to Kyle! Wasn't that the first time since your date?"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KaraGail »

Isabel

"Hey, you talked to Kyle! Wasn't that the first time since your date?"

I was still trying to get over the fact that he seemed unphased by Kyle and I talking. I had thought that I would see some type of jealousy, since most guys that I have dated in the past have been very possesive. Just another reason why Alex is different from them all.

"Yeah, we talked it out and he apologized for being such an ass" I know he didn't call himself that, but I think it was implied. "I wonder what is taking him so long in getting the others over here."
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Alex

"Yeah, we talked it out and he apologized for being such an ass"

I laughed at that. Sure, my Isabel's a lady but she still says things how they are. Kyle calling himself an ass? Well, if he was really feeling like apologizing and the alcohol got to him.

"I wonder what is taking him so long in getting the others over here."

I shrug, not really minding that it's just Isabel and me - well, Liz too but she's totally focused on Kyle and the rest.

"Guess they got talking about how long they'll stay - Kyle needs a ride after all. Just like we do." I add as I glance at our half empty drinks.

I glance up at Isabel then, still not letting go of her hand. "So, you having a nice time tonight?"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

Hello, everyone!

I am so incredibly sorry about being so very absent from here for such a long and extended period of time. I had always intended to return with a post, but things either kept getting in the way or I forgot completely. I feel so horrible about it all. But if it makes things any better, I’m here now with something that I had quite a bit of trouble with. That is completely my fault though as I was the one to go silent for so long. I am at such a loss to try and explain her actions or lack thereof! This will probably be complete drivel, but I was at such a loss as to what to do and how to explain (which is all my fault, so I have no one to blame but myself).

And again, I’m really so very sorry about that. Forgive me?

<center>~*~ ~*~ ~*~ Liz ~*~ ~*~ ~*~</center>

It’s all a blur. First I’m stepping outside with Max. What I’m expecting to happen and wishing to happen, I’ve no idea because everything is so conflicted, so complicated and so very, very confusing. And then Izzy and Alex are walking over. Together. And while part of me is really excited for them, another part is wondering how that happened and what actually happened between the two of them.

And that’s not even when things got put on their head! I was still trying to wrap my head around some things, namely what I actually am doing or trying to do, or not trying to do with Max, when we see Michael and Maria going at it up against a brick wall. Now, that was something that I don’t think I needed to see but will probably be indelibly etched into my memory. When did that happen? I thought that they hated each other. And if not hate, something very close to it. Loathe maybe. Abhor? Apparently not with the way she was plastered against him.

And the worst thing about it all is that I am still so . . . I don’t even know what to call it or how to say it . . . about Max. Why is everything so complicated and confusing? I like Max. I like him a lot. I just don’t have any idea what to do around him. I either don’t say anything because I don’t know what to say, or I say everything that comes into my head just to prolong the few minutes that we might actually get alone. Well, as alone as you can be when you’re being followed around by a guy with a huge camera balanced on his shoulder.

And then I have no idea how he feels about me. I suppose he likes me enough. Probably just as much as he likes anyone else here. Maybe not anyone else, because I don’t think he’s on particularly good footing with Michael, and I have visual proof that he prefers Tess’ company to my own. They went on a trip down to the Keys that was originally planned just for them. He probably likes me as much as he likes Isabel and Maria and Alex. And that’s not too bad, I guess. It could be worse, right?

And I can’t believe what I was doing. I was actually imagining what it would be like to travel all over the world with Max. That’s just so wrong of me to do that. He’s with Tess. I know he’s with Tess. It does none of us any good wishing and imagining something that will never happen—not in a million years—because he doesn’t feel the same way.

So now that leaves me here, confused about just nearly everything that’s been happening, tired by the work week, and horrible for even thinking about something that could never be, and wishing, just the smallest bit, for something to happen to split Max and Tess up. And that’s really the worst of it. I shouldn’t be thinking that. Especially with the way he is with her, kind and attentive and generous. Like now, with the way he’s leaning down to try and make eye contact with her. I don’t want to get in the way of that, not really.

I just need to clear my head, and I’m sure that people are starting to worry about me since I’ve been so quiet trying to sort out everything just to make everything that much more cluttered if not worse.

Shaking my head I try to pull myself out of my thoughts and turn to where Alex and Izzy are “whispering” into each other’s ears. They are looking awfully cozy now, aren’t they? I try to hide a wry smile with another shake of my head.

“Sorry, guys,” I say apologetically. “Did you say something?”
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- Sorry I've sorta disappeared here the last month or more. Been traveling and haven't been able to get on. Seems like things have been pretty slow, but I still feel bad about not being around.

*Max*

I'm trying not to look at Liz too much as Kyle starts making excuses about needing to leave with Tess and me because he won't have a ride. Before I can answer, Liz speaks up.

“Sorry, guys. Did you say something?”

I smile at her, "Did we lose you there for a minute?" I ask, thinking of all the things I'd like to say -- things that are totally inappropriate for 'just friends.' In fact, was my tone just then too familiar? I'm not sure she would really appreciate it. She's been pretty quiet for a while. I'd love to know what's on her mind but I don't want to annoy her by prying.

"We're still figuring out if people are going home," I explain. "I offered Tess a ride home but Kyle's afraid he'll be stranded if he doesn't come along, too. You still have the keys to the van, right? How long are you planning on staying?" I ask. I want to suggest that she come home with me and Tess but I know that'll be presumptive. Besides, as far as I know, she and I are the only ones who haven't been drinking so it wouldn't be such a great idea for her to hand over the keys to Kyle. It's another thing we have in common, it seems. Not being heavy drinkers -- well for her she's only been legal for two weeks, but just the same, she hasn't really dived into the liquor.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

<center>~*~ ~*~ ~*~ Liz ~*~ ~*~ ~*~</center>

“Did we lose you there for a minute?” Max asks with a smile.

I look down at the table in hopes to hide a smile in response and my embarrassment at not paying the least bit of attention the past several minutes. How long was it?

“We’re still figuring out if people are going home. I offered Tess a ride home, but Kyle’s afraid he’ll be stranded if he doesn’t come along, too. You still have the keys to the van, right? How long are you planning on staying?”

“I’d like to go home, but I wouldn’t mind staying to make sure everyone that wants to stay gets back okay. Designated driver, right?” I say with a small jingle of the van’s keys. “But if they don’t mind us taking their keys and giving them money for cab fare, all the better. I haven’t been a particular font of sparkling conversation tonight. And curling up on the sofa sounds really good right now.”
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>