Dating (UC/CC Adult) *Starting*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

*Maria*

The American Heritage Dictionary defines Dating to be :An engagement to go out socially with a member of the opposite sex. That is a very dull and fairly predictable way to describe an act that My Best friend Liz and I have found to be anything but. In our various endeavors of dabbling in dating/mating we have met our fair share (and quite possibly many other women’s share) of losers in our interesting if not always colorful lives.

I could try to recount them all by name ,but to be honest I would probably have a much better chance of remembering their nicknames. Let’s see on my track record there was : ‘Emotionally Unavailable Guy’ ( He broke up with me via scribbled message on a napkin. Classy.) ’ Mr. Too Cute and all Trouble’ (Took a retraining order and pepper spray to get rid of him) ‘He who shall remain nameless’ (A drunken one night stand that I‘d like to never relive. Thank you very much)

And of course the last but certainly not least offensive in the line of disastrous close encounters of the worst kind ‘The Music Man’ AKA William Darden. To say that we had an unhealthy relationship would be like referring to the Titanic as that little ship wreak. Billy was the first boy I ever kissed and for the longest time I had hoped that he would be my first, my last, and my only. Call me a hopeless romantic but I truly believed that the butterflies would never steer me wrong. That was before I realized that my stomach may not be the best judge of character.

Although it took me awhile (2 Years 7 Weeks and 3 Days to be exact) to figure out that the shaggy haired musician and I simply weren’t meant to be I still feel like maybe it wasn’t just wasted time. Perhaps learning to love and let go of my first real boyfriend was just practice for something great to come. Who knows? There could still be an epic love in my future or at the very least a sweet guy with sexy smile who knows better than to leave the toilet seat up. :wink:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~KYLE~~~~~
I hear someone move and sit next to me on the couch. Immediately I cant help but feel slightly better. At least someone wont believe this.... rumour there saying about me. I feel her put her arm around me and I slowly remove the pillow, letting it fall to the floor. Theres a pause as I sit there feeling sorry for myself before...

"Bad evening?"

I slowly look towards Tess and say, "You know how the office have been trying to get me to bring dates to all there little monthly get togethers and stuff." I look down, as I try to control my anger. "Well some... some JERK in my office has decided that theres a reason for it and is letting EVERYONE else in the office know what he thinks it is."

I look up and look at her, "And you know how they were supposedly thinking of promoting me out of my small box office to a very slightly larger box office? Well the guy who is in charge of the promotions hasnt looked at me all day because of what this guy is telling everyone and I heard as I was leaving that the JERK got the promotion instead of me."

I growl angrily. "Sure Im upset about the promotion too but.... i cant get anyone to look at me in the office...actually thats not true. Some people Id rather not have looking at me are more than happy to look at me!!!"
I kick the pillow that is by my foot hard and as its a pillow it moves a bit further away but not really as...well have you kicked a pillow? Doesnt work.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~KYLE~~~~~
"Oh Kyle," her voice being high, even for her, "What an idiot! Obviously he has some kind of problem to say things about you when he has no idea what he's talking about." She has no idea what Im talking about. She doesnt know the rumour. She puts her arm around me but it doesnt help at this point.

"Well all I have to say is if you employer is stupid enough to look you over from the promotion because of this it's his loss... and maybe try not to think about the umm unwelcome looks or if you do think of it as a compliment. You are a hansome man Kyle, I'm sure anyone notices that about you."

With that I look abruptly up at her. "Handsome huh? So I dont have the "quality" that everyone else seems to think I have that makes them believe the viscious, well circulating rumour..." I say as I start to speed up in anger, "...that Im GAY!"

I get up off the couch and go over to a wall and bang my head against it. "My fucking workmates....even Damien, my only work friend thinks its true! Cos I have a QUALITY! The only people who are fucking looking at me is GAY GUYS!!!! And they keep coming over and patting me on the back saying, "We thought so..you've been on our gaydar for some time!!!!!!!!"
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Ooh...I just saw your offer OnDragonFlyWings... sorry must have missed it.

Thanks for the offer...to be honest now Ive started playing Ive grown quite attached! Sorry but thanks for offering!
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~KYLE~~~~~
"Well I haven't thought that, and I'm around you more then anyone. It's probably just because they never see you date or anything,"
And that makes me GAY????

I feel a tap on my back just before she leads me expectantly over to the couch,
"Sit."
I roll my eyes as I obediendtly do as she says.

"I don't really know what to say to make this right, because to be honest I think its just extremely annoying that anyone would say things like that without speaking to you about it, or getting his facts straight," She rushes on much like I had done a moment again, saying, "Sooo there isn't any truth to the rumor is there?"

Its like she hit me with a ton of ice. I know immediately she doesnt deserve my anger... but I cant say that it didnt hurt that my best friend has to ask if Im gay.

I look down so I dont need to look at her and say quietly. "No...no Im not gay." I say quietly but firmly. "Im just.... Im waiting for the right one thats all...."
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~KYLE~~~~~
"Oh Kyle,"
I sigh as she takes my hand in hers.

"I understand of course I do. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked. I know that you wouldn't keep something as big as that from me, I'm your best friend after all." I nod, because its true, but I have absolutely no idea what else to say now.

"Forgive me?" I look up at her and give a faint smile, "There's nothing to forgive...really." I smile at her and say, "So come on then...tell me about your little hot date..." I say with a smile. "I didn't forget if thats what your thinking. Come on....details...."
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~KYLE~~~~~
"Ugh, Kyle I don't know why I bother. I'm not even sure I want to talk about it. "

I frown as I watch her shake her head and look at me.
"It was fine, towards the beginning. It was a nice italian place, and I loved the food... Eric did have some good conversation skills, but the way he kept looking at me was enough to make me scream or throw the pitcher of ice water in his lap."

Men...why do they INSIST on doing that? Why!?

She grins and adds, "If you are ever asked I do have food allergies." I can't help but snort at that. "It was that bad? You poor thing..." I put my arm around her. "Why cant you ever go out with a nice guy? Someone who you can actually have a great time with...." I sigh and then add, "But then again at least you go out on dates.... I guess I just... I dont want to go out on a date with just anyone you know?"
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~KYLE~~~~~
"I think you have the right idea, I'd rather just wait till I find a half decent guy who might like me for me then pick through all the weirdos and losers. "
I watch as she shakes her head and mumbles, "I think I'm almost ready to quit this and become a cat lady you know... it's just takes so much out of me."

I quickly shake my head at her, "Nuh uh...not gonna let you do that. No way are you a cat lady. You deserve an amazing guy. Im not gonna let you think otherwise.... infact..."

And then it hits me. The epihany. If I was in a cartoon, a lightbulb would appear above my head. "You want a decent guy? Let me set you up!" I say triumphantly.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

ooc: We're waiting for a Michael and Liz post guys!

~~~~~KYLE~~~~~
"You can't be serious, I mean... it's not like I don't trust that you'll find some great guy for me, but do you mean like a umm," she takes a deep breath. "BLIND DATE?!"

"I don't know about this," she shakes her head and I can't help but think shes a scaredy cat. "regular dates never even go well for me..." And then she gives me that knowing smirk. "I'll agree ... only if I can set you up to."

Uh oh...

But I bet if I say yes she'll back down... but even if she doesn't it'll be worth seeing Tess smile. "You're on! A double date it is....and I have just the guy for you..." I say as a plan forms in my mind. "Hows tommorow night for you?" I say with a grin. "She better be good though!" I add.
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

OOC: Hope this is ok.... :D

Liz

God, will I ever find my happily ever after? I have been held up in my room for what seems like hours, listening to an old Counting Crows CD and wallowing in my own self doubt. I swear that I am cursed.

I have been in my fair share of relationships over the past several years, but I just can’t seem to find that one special person that is my knight in shining armor, sent to sweep me off my feet. Maybe what my friend Maria says is true, chivalry is just dead!

I sigh as I sit silently on my bed, staring at my reflection in my mirror. Maybe it’s my plain Jane looks or my dull hair color. I have never been a looker, like Maria. She can walk in a room and have fifty guys’ heads turning. I am lucky to get at least one.

I actually have been debating lately that it’s just time for me to throw in the towel and give up the hunt. Maybe I am destined to live in this apartment alone with several cats and only a romance novel to keep me warm at night.

I hold a pillow over my head and scream loudly as that image sickens me. God is that my future? Please let the cards to my destiny be something other than loneliness and solitude.
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy