You Give Me Fever (AU/CC) Adult

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

OOC: Awesome Pic Liz!!! :D It's perfect. :wink:

*Maria*

The Chief walks through the door and the room goes silent. His piercing blue eyes infiltrate right through us. Past our self confident facade and straight to our insecurities and self doubt. I remain holding my head high. I don’t dare flinch. Doctors can smell fear.

I notice out of the corner of my eye a petite brunette sneaking in through the back. The aging veteran seems oblivious to her presence ,but I know better.Valenti knows all and sees all. I researched his career extensively before deciding to take my residence here at Roswell Grace. He waits until she joins us to speak.

“Each of you comes here today hopeful. Wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. 8 of you will switch to an easier specialty. 5 of you will crack under the pressure & 2 of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play… That’s up to you.”

The game. They say the person has what it takes to play or they don’t. I do. This is what I’ve waited my entire life for. We are dismissed and I follow the others into the locker room. Co Ed. Perfect. I change into my first pair of blue scrubs. I scrutinize myself in the mirror. I make this look good.

I catch the girl with dark eyes staring at me. When I return her gaze she utters, “Only six girls out of twenty.” I shake my head in agreement. “I hear one of them is a model. Seriously, like that’s going to help with the respect thing.” She flashes me a warm smile.

“I’m Maria.” I offer up my hand for a shake. “I just thought I’d let you know that I’m in it to win it. I don’t do anything halfway. I want to be the best and in order to do that I have to beat you. Good luck.” I flash her my best cheery expression and I can tell I’ve taken her off guard. Good the less focus she is the better I’ll look.
:wink:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Liz_Parker
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Liz_Parker »

~*Liz*~

I'm running late, that's just great. I look around at everyone as Dr. Valenti starts talking about this "game". This is one game I hope to not lose.

A few moments later we're dismissed and we all go into the locker room to change. Scrubs, my wardrobe for a long time to go. I catch a glimpse of one of my competitors. She seems pretty, blonde hair, green eyes a little taller then me.

When she looks back at me I tell her “Only six girls out of twenty.", in disbelief. I guess some women are still afraid to become doctors in a dominant male field.

“I hear one of them is a model. Seriously, like that’s going to help with the respect thing.”, She replys and I smile at her.

"I'm Maria", she says. And before I even have a chance to reply she blurts out, “I just thought I’d let you know that I’m in it to win it. I don’t do anything halfway. I want to be the best and in order to do that I have to beat you. Good luck.”.

Uh, ok. I take her hand and smile again. "I'm Liz".

The Original Rivalry that we all love :)
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/ ... 24523.html

check it out if you wanna read it again, I did :)
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

OOC: Everyone check out the pics, Liz Parker made for us. Aren't they gorgeous? :D

*Maria*

“I’m Liz.” The girl introduces herself with a firm handshake. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they shake hands. I can conclude that Liz is nervous. Though to be honest who here isn’t. We all know we are just one fatal mistake away from being a bedpan collector. Which to a surgeon is about as low as you can get on the medical totem pole.

“What resident did you get assigned to? I got the Nazi.” She seems a tad confused to I drop the nickname. “Guerin.” I state with a slight shrug. “He’s supposed to be tough but talented.”:wink:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Liz_Parker
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Liz_Parker »

~*Liz*~

I nod at Maria's explanation of Dr. Guerin. I've heard some rumors about him but you can't judge everyone by word of mouth.

"Um....I have Evans. Dr. Evans. I think I heard he's pretty good", I smile and look around the room.

"Wonder how our first day will go", I mutter softly and lean against one of the lockers.

The Original Rivalry that we all love :)
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/ ... 24523.html

check it out if you wanna read it again, I did :)
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

"Um....I have Evans. Dr. Evans. I think I heard he's pretty good.” She shoots me a bright smile and I can’t help but mirror her expression. "Wonder how our first day will go.” She says softly almost to herself. I can’t help but pipe up. That’s just me. Miss Know it all.

“Dr. Evans is a transfer. This is his first day at the hospital. He came all the way from New York. Why anyone would leave that place to come to Roswell, New Mexico. I’ll never know.” She seems a tad startled by my endless bounds of knowledge so I further explain.

“ I did some research on all the doctors here. I wanted to know what I was up against.” She seems satisfied with my answer. “We should probably look for our residents. It was nice meeting you, Parker. I’m sure you’ll knock them dead.”

Noticing I just used a rather ill witted pun in a hospital I begin to giggle at myself. “Or rather you’ll keep them alive.” With that I shake my head and start toward the lobby. Dr. Guerin should be around here somewhere.:D
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

ooc: sorry it's short.
Dr. Michael Guerin

It's hardly the start of the day and I'm already walking out of a finished, and successful double bypass surgery. I've been here since yesterday, and I'm not going home till tonight. But none of that really bothers me. This hospital is my life, and it has to stay that way if I want to get Chief of Surgery in the future.

Walking over to the big board with all the surgeries on it, I erase the one I've just finished and notice a blonde intern leaning nervously against the desk. You can always tell interns from everyone else at the hospital. Their scrubs are perfectly clean, they are jittery, and they look way too young to be doctors. This one has a bit of a calm about her though; maybe she has a doctor in the family.

The chief told me that I was getting a new intern, and he said she was blonde, so I walk over to introduce myself, pulling off my vibrant surgical cap. "Hello. My name is doctor Michael Guerin. You can call me doctor Guerin. I suppose you're my intern?" I turn to look at her, an indifferent expression on my face. Hopefully she's willing to learn, and isn't going to faint at the first sight of blood.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

He’s not here. Where could he possibly be? Probably off diddling a nurse in the on call room. Yep, I’ve heard the scandalous rumors. They say that Dr. Guerin is quite the play boy. A heartbreaker if you will. The most eligible bachelor at Roswell Grace. Well, I’m not the least bit interested in the man’s examinations outside of the hospital. Can you believe the woman at the desk told me to and I quote, ‘Watch out. He’ll charm you.’

I’m sure he’s grown accustomed to talking the pants right off all the other girl’s here but I am anything if not professional. I never let anything get between me and my work. Not even smooth operators with scalpels. I am just about to give up the unproductive search when a scrumptious looking man enters the lobby. Oh no. It can’t be. My gaze falls upon his perfectly toned body to his oh so pouty lips and up to his mesmerizing whiskey colored eyes.

Oh Damn. I’m in trouble. The closest thing to a Greek God I have ever seen begins walking toward me. ‘Just stay calm, Deluca. You can handle this.’ I reassure myself. My brain has received the message but apparently my heart is a tad behind because it’s beating at an incredible speed. The walking advertisement for all things naughty pulls off his surgical cap and I stand a gape amazed at how his chocolate brown spikes seem to defy the very laws of gravity by standing straight up in the air.

Then as if to prove that he is in fact real and not simply a figment of my lust filled fantasies he speaks, "Hello. My name is doctor Michael Guerin. You can call me doctor Guerin. I suppose you're my intern?" His expression is blank almost entirely passive. Maybe this won’t be so bad after all. I’ll follow his orders, learn from his expertise, and have something pretty to look at all day. Somewhere there is a flaw in this logic.

“Hello Dr. Guerin. I am Maria Deluca. Yes, Valenti told me that I am to shadow you until you clock out. My first shift runs for forty-eight hours and I look forward to gaining as much knowledge from you as possible. I'm highly qualified I just graduated first in my class at Standford. Before we get started I just wanted to ask… I heard every year the attending on call picks the best intern and, and lets them perform a procedure during the first shift. I’m just saying that’s what I heard.”

At his unchanging look I continue, “I was just asking if it’s true. I’d love a chance at some O.R time. Whatever I can do to convince you that I’m ready to scrub in I’ll do gladly. ” :D
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Everybody take a look at the banner To Kiss a Frog made us!!! It's beautiful. Thank you :D
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

“Hello Dr. Guerin. I am Maria Deluca...my class at Standford...I’d love a chance at some O.R time. Whatever I can do to convince you that I’m ready to scrub in I’ll do gladly. ” Maria Deluca, or so she says before she starts on an endless rant, talks for the longest I've ever seen someone do without taking a breath.

I tune out most of it, catching just enough to know she graduated from Stanford and expects to be scrubbing in as soon as possible. Well, that is still to be determined. I haven't seen her do anything yet. But, to be honest, if her doctoral skills are anywhere close on the spectrum to her looks, she'll be in the O.R quite soon. And as for her abillity, at least she seems competent.

"Relax," I say, throwing out my trademark smile. "I haven't even seen you do menial work yet. Don't get too ahead of yourself. And another note. I pick who goes into surgery by their ability to perform, not their ability to kiss up."

Heading towards one of my patients rooms, I grab his clipboard and motion for her to follow, silently wishing she was leading so I could check out...her assets. Go ahead, kill me for even thinking it if you want to. But I know an attractive girl when I see one. And believe me, these days, some of the interns, well...let's just say they got through med school because they had plenty of time to study. Plenty of free time.

"Now, this is Mr. Michaelson. He was admitted this morning. Look at his chart and tell me your diagnosis." I smile at Mr. Michaelson and hand over his charts to Maria, who's standing beside me.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

"Relax," Dr. Guerin commands his voice both assertive and yet soothing at the same time. Not an entirely unpleasant tone. No wonder the nurses call him Casanova. "I haven't even seen you do menial work yet. Don't get too ahead of yourself. And another note. I pick who goes into surgery by their ability to perform, not their ability to kiss up."

Okay, strike everything I just said. The man is an ass. A brilliant and talented one but an ass nevertheless. He begins to walk toward room 109. I quickly follow not wanting to get left behind. Grabbing the appropriate clipboard he motions for me to succeed him. I do so but I desperately try to keep how excited I am hidden. They never respect you if you seem overeager.

"Now, this is Mr. Michaelson. He was admitted this morning. Look at his chart and tell me your diagnosis." I try to appear cool, calm, and collected. I can do this. Clearing my throat I begin, “Ken Michaelson, mid-thirties pedestrian, hit by a motorist swerving to avoid a bike, GCS 3. Um pupils fixed and dilated. Atropine given for an inconsistent pulse in the forties. BP 183 over 112. Pulsed at 98 percent.”

Damn I'm good. Why did I ever doubt my abilities? I flash the patient a warm smile. :D