Practical Enchantment *ADULT* AU/CC *Roll Call*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Do you think this RPG should be restarted?

Yes, I loved it
88%
No, it was too complicated
12%

Total votes: 17

FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

*Maria*

Liz shoots me a glare that causes me to swallow harshly. Damn if looks could kill… Thank goddess she doesn’t have that power. "As you can see... I kinda messed up the pipes... any chance you can take a look?" What is her deal? My sister is clearly freaking out. "I'll get you something to eat in a moment... I just need to talk to my sister for a moment..." Before I can even begin to protest she has me by the arm and is dragging me into the parlor.

This better be important. Michael has got ‘Ready to bolt’ practically stamped onto his forehead. The petite brunette crosses her arms across her chest defensively. "I need your help. Tell me there is some sort of... de-lust potion?" I look at her blankly for a moment before just busting out into the giggles. “A..a what?” I almost choke from laughing so hard. “A delust potion? Why in the world would you want one of those?”

Her expression is completely serious and that just tickles me even more. “Liz he’s an incredibly handsome looking individual ,and he obviously digs you. What’s the problem?” The problem is my sister wouldn't know what true happiness was if it bit her in her charmed ass.
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~LIZ~~~~~
And what does she do next? I'll tell you what she does.... she laughs at me as if I've just told her the funniest joke in the world. I look at her with a hurt expression as she exclaims. "A..a what?” She almost starts choking from he laughter. “A delust potion? Why in the world would you want one of those?” God she is so clueless. Why can't she see it?! Why cant she see that I can't be with any guy? That WE can't be with any guy. I AM NOT going to kill the handyman!!!

“Liz he’s an incredibly handsome looking individual ,and he obviously digs you. What’s the problem?”

"God Maria, you know we can't be with a guy.... we can't! I can't fall in love with him or he will die and I'm not killing a nice, innocent handyman!"
I take a deep shuddering breath and say, "I can't do it Maria. So either you can help me find a delusting potion or I'm going to try and make one myself and I really don't want to attempt that but I will if I have to because I can't let an innocent guy because I can't keep my hands to myself! God I already kissed his cheek, who knows what I'll do if I don't take a potion!!!"
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

Liz flashes me an exasperated look. I don’t intentionally try to be difficult. It just comes naturally. "God Maria, you know we can't be with a guy.... we can't! I can't fall in love with him or he will die and I'm not killing a nice, innocent handyman!" She’s referring to the curse of course. The legendary DeLuca curse warns any man not to fall in love with a woman of our ancestral line. It leads to almost certain death. I never believed in such nonsense until our father was killed suddenly in a horrific car accident. Our poor mother passed shortly thereafter. I can’t help but think that she died from a broken heart.

Every since then Liz has distanced herself from members of the opposite sex. I however reacted quite differently. I’ve never had a serious relationship, but I’ve don’t lack for male attention either. In fact when I was a little girl my Grandmother Claudia once told me that was one of my gifts. Then I didn’t know what she meant by that but it as been all too clear over the past five years. I have the absolute worst taste in men. Tattoos. Piercings. All around bad assiness. Pretty much the Anti good guy. I just go through them like tissues. Nobody gets hurt that way. Still I don't think I can use Michael that way. Uh Oh.

"I can't do it Maria. So either you can help me find a delusting potion or I'm going to try and make one myself and I really don't want to attempt that but I will if I have to because I can't let an innocent guy because I can't keep my hands to myself! God I already kissed his cheek, who knows what I'll do if I don't take a potion!!!" Damn. She is pretty serious about this guy. She wouldn't be freaking out if she wasn't. I put my hands on her shoulders in an effort to calm her down.

“Liz, its okay.” I say in a nice level tone as not to scare her off. “There is nothing wrong about lusting after a guy. It’s perfectly natural. Just because you want his body doesn’t mean you are in lo…” I stop and eye her curiously. She couldn't. It's way to soon. “ I mean...You aren’t in love with him. Right?”
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~LIZ~~~~~
I watch Maria carefully as she put her hands on my shoulders in a way that makes me feel like she's the older sister and I'm crazy. "Liz, its okay.” I look at her wildly. Okay? Okay?! How can it be okay?!?! She may at this moment in time be pretending that she is calm but I however am most certainly not. What on earth am I going to do and WHY isnt she freaking out about this more?!

“There is nothing wrong about lusting after a guy. It’s perfectly natural. Just because you want his body doesn’t mean you are in lo…”
She stops and looks at me curiously. What? What I...
Ohhh... she was about to say that it doesnt mean I love him. So why did she stop?? She gives me this strange look. “ I mean...You aren’t in love with him. Right?”

I can't help but immediately snort at that. "Come on Maria.... I only met him this morning.... how could I possibly be in.... No. No I'm not okay." I swallow and put a hand through my hair quickly. "But I want to make sure that it can't and if I keep up what I'm doing at the moment then I mean.... it could escalate and I.... I can't kill him! We're meant to save not kill!!!!"

I swallow as I then say, "God I was even jealous before when you even smiled at him!!!" I look around frantically almost as if an answer to my problem is just going to hit me by looking at something. "This is not me... I don't do this! I can't!!" I snap my head back to her as I say, "So any suggestions on how to make this potion?" I say, trying to make it sound like she doesn't have a choice but to help me, but I think we both know that she does and I would never force her to do anything. She's my sister... I just couldn't. I may not like what she does sometimes... *cough* guys and plumbing to name a few *cough*... but I still love her. I couldn't force her to do anything. But I'm so desperate I will try and make it sound like I would, even though its blatantly a very feeble attempt.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

The look on her face is a convincing one. She’s falling for the handy man. How sweet. "Come on Maria.... I only met him this morning.... how could I possibly be in.... No. No I'm not okay." She swallows harshly and then runs her weary hand through her hair. A telltale sign that she is clearly distressed. I don’t know who she is trying to convince more. Me or herself? .

"But I want to make sure that it can't and if I keep up what I'm doing at the moment then I mean.... it could escalate and I.... I can't kill him! We're meant to save not kill!!!!" Sympathy fills my features as I watch my big sister fall apart. She really does care about him. I’ll do anything I can to help her, but if its true love she’s pretty much screwed. True love stories don’t have endings.

."God I was even jealous before when you even smiled at him!!!" I almost laugh at that. Max is a really handsome guy but he’s got goody two shoes written all over his face. I like my men to be a challenge. "This is not me... I don't do this! I can't!!" I’ve never seen Liz this strung out over a guy. "So any suggestions on how to make this potion?" Well she seems pretty determined to stop it. I’ll do what I can. Even if I think she may be throwing away the best thing that’s ever happened to her.

“The Book of Shadows.” I state making sure my voice is void of emotion. “If there’s a solution it will be in there.” I take a deep breath and prepare to tread lightly. “I do however want to remind you that you’re the one always telling me that magic is not the answer but the problem. You could get way over your head if you are not careful.” I release my hold on her. “I’ve got to get back to Michael. Just please think it over.” With that I exit the parlor and am back in time to see Michael’s deer in the headlights look. What’s going on?
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~LIZ~~~~~
“The Book of Shadows.” Could she make it sound any more creepy? I doubt it. She almost sounds as cold as some of the evil things we fight.
“If there’s a solution it will be in there.” Well I know that... I just thought she could help me make it! Clearly not...

“I do however want to remind you that you’re the one always telling me that magic is not the answer but the problem. You could get way over your head if you are not careful.” I roll my eyes at her as releases her grip and says, “I’ve got to get back to Michael. Just please think it over.”

Who is Michael? Oh... he must be the guy in there I guess. I watch as she leaves and I start to wonder if making a potion is such a brilliant idea. I mean... I don't normally act... I think. So maybe I should just think it through like Maria's suggesting....

I look at the stairs and bite my lip. Im so very tempted to go straight up them right now, but I decide thats not a brilliant idea. I sigh as I turn and go back into the kitchen. I smile at Max before quickly going over to the counter and starting to make him a coffee and one of my specialities - a fresh chicken mayo sandwich with sweetcorn and all sorts of tasty things. "You do like coffee right Max? Your not a vegetarian are you?"

I then turn around and smile at the others in the room, realising Im being rude, and I don't want to appear rude to Max.... oh girl get a grip!!!!
"Hey guys.... this is Max..." I say and then indicate to each person in turn, "This is Tess, my cousin, Kyle, Alex, and according to Maria this is Michael." I smile at him and say, "Hi, I'm Liz." I turn back around and say, "Does anyone else want anything?"
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

As we walk into the kitchen, I notice that there are a few other people in there. A blonde woman, and two guys. One of them turns to Maria when she enters and gives her a kiss on the cheek before saying “Hey Darlin’ you were in an awful big hurry to get out of here this morning. Don’t fret about Liz she just gets a little uptight when you use mag…” There's a pause and I get the sudden feeling that he's about to say magic. How very....dim of him, especially in front of someone life me. If only he knew the truth. If only they all new what happened in my past. "Magazines….to wipe up spilled water. You know how much she loves her Cosmo.” Great save, dude.

“Yeah…my bad. Guys, this is Michael. Michael this is my cousin Tess. Romeo over there is my good friend Kyle, and this handsome fellow is my best friend Alex.” Maria says trying once again to awkwardly change the subject. She goes on about some plumbing problem as I try to figure out a way to escape before I'm too far in. Not that I want to escape, but these guys seem prety suspicious of me.

“If you want lunch I can make you a sandwich. I’m not the best cook.” Maria admits a moment later, but her friend Alex cuts in again making me feel entirely awkward. "Oh come on don’t be modest. You’ve gotten so much better. You haven’t broken a coffee pot in weeks.”

"So, Michael... I haven't seen you around town before you new here?" Her other friend Kyle breaks in with before I can respond and as for a sandwich. Boy I could really go for one right now. “Maria!” is suddenly heard from around the corner and all I can think is that I'm never going to make it out of here easily with all of these people around. I've never been god around large groups of people.

Another woman walks in, presumably Liz, and behind her trails a dark haired man with a unbelievably bring aura. This gets better and better. “Is everything alright? Do I need to take a look under the bandage?” Maria says, startling me out of my anxious thoughts. She must have noticed a look.

Liz pulls Maria aside and out of the room for a moment, leaving me with the quizzical Kyle and the rest of the crew. Feeling out of place I decide to answer his question before more are thrown at me. "I just recently came through this town, but I like it so I might be sticking around for a bit. I don't know for sure though, I'm pretty day-by-day."

That seems innocent enough? I try to act natural, but right now I'm definitely feeling more uncomfortable then right after Maria kicked me in the stomach. And that's saying something.

Maria comes back in with Liz and I can feel relief wash over me. Thank god. I feel as though I'm about to be interrogated.
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

***MAX***

Her eyes are intoxicating. I can’t get enough of her scent but I shake my head slightly to try and compose myself. She smiles and quickly grabs her purse. "Great! Thank you sooo much..." She moves the closed sign on the door and turns to me to say, “Let's go. It’s only a few blocks."

The silence is slightly uncomfortable as we walk towards her home. I can’t help but be amazed at just how breathtaking she is. The way the sunlight shines through her hair is glorious and the site of her makes me only long to be with her. But again my reality is that it can and never will be. It is forbidden and I must stay strong for them, as their protector. They will need me once the battle begins.

I here her sigh as we approach the house. "Here we are..." She unlocks the door before yelling out quickly, “MARIA! Max... the handyman is here to fix the sink!!!!" She leads the way into the kitchen. I notice the petite blonde, recognizing her as Maria, who flashes a smile my way. “That’s wonderful” She says giving the guy I remember seeing by the name of Kyle a pat on the back. “I’m Maria DeLuca, Liz’s sister. We were actually just getting something to eat. Would you like something?”

Then I see him. I swallow hard as I sense his apprehension. I know he senses my power and I am slightly panicked. How did he get near the Charmed Ones? Did The Source send him? The beloved son of evil personified is so close to what The Source has been trying to rid the world of for so long, but does he realize what he has just walked into?

I know I have to get answers quickly if I am to begin to understand the magnitude of the situation we are going to be faced with. Before I can say anything Maria looks over at him, noticing his apprehension. “Is everything alright? Do I need to take a look under the bandage?”

Liz turns her gaze back on me and I look down. My senses are on high alert. I can’t let anything happen to her, Maria and Tess. They are the key to everything. She smiles at me. God, how her face lights up when she smiles. She then points to the flood by the kitchen sink. “As you can see... I kinda messed up the pipes... any chance you can take a look?"

Oh yea right….the sink and my cover. I nod my understanding to her as she catches a look at her sister before adding, "I'll get you something to eat in a moment... I just need to talk to my sister for a moment..." She grabs her arm pulling her out of the kitchen leaving me standing in the room full of staring eyes. But only one set makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

The son says, "I just recently came through this town, but I like it so I might be sticking around for a bit. I don't know for sure though, I'm pretty day-by-day." Kyle nods and I assume he answered a question I was not here for earlier. Yea, I am sure he is sticking around to help wreak havoc on the world and my charges. Anger builds up in my body. I will not let this happen. I will not let them die.

Maria quickly enters followed by Liz. I see the curious look that she gives the son. Liz glances in my direction smiling and again I fight the urge to melt. I smile in return but remind myself to stay focused on the task at hand, protecting my charges. Liz grabs a cup and pours a cup of coffee and begins to make a sandwich. “You do like coffee right Max? You’re not a vegetarian are you?”

I see her regard the group with a smile. “Hey guys.... this is Max..." She then introduces me to them, which most I already know. "This is Tess, my cousin, Kyle, Alex, and according to Maria this is Michael." Michael…..so that is his name. I stare at him again, wondering what he is up to. Liz introduces herself, turning back around to add, “Does anyone else want anything?"

“Nice to meet all of you.” I say nod before I turn to Liz. “And to answer your questions Liz, no I am not a vegetarian and I would love a cup of coffee.” I regard her while walking towards the counter. I place a hand on her shoulder before reaching down for the cup of coffee. I can’t help the look that crosses my face when the feel of her skin under my touch raises the heat of my body once more and I remember my cover story. “I guess I should take a look at that sink as well.”
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~LIZ~~~~~
“Nice to meet all of you.” he says with a polite nod. And then he turns to me. “And to answer your questions Liz, no I am not a vegetarian and I would love a cup of coffee.” I can feel his eyes upon me and I have to force myself not to blush. And then he puts his hand on my shoulder and I can feel the blood rush to my face. He reaches for his cup as I start to prepare him some meat sandwiches. And then out of the corner of my eye I see his expression. Oh God I HAVE to do the spell.

“I guess I should take a look at that sink as well.” I cant help but smile as I say, "You'd better."

And then I realise I just blatently flirted with him infront of the entire room. Quickly I finish his sandwich and put it on a plate. "Uh.... there you go.... um... Maria? You know that thing I said I might today... yeah I decided I REALLY have to do it..." I look round the room and say, "Excuse me..."

And with that I walk between the people in the overcroweded kitchen. I look towards Tess and give her a little nod before shutting the door behind me and heading towards upstairs.
Last edited by madroswellfan on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

OOC: Mel sweetie you are Liz in this one LOL :lol:

*Maria*

You could cut the tension in this room with a knife. Geez where’s the drama? Michael seems more then a tad apprehensive around the others. I am afraid that having my entire extended family here may have spooked him. I refer to them that way because Kyle, Alex, Tess, and Liz are my family. They are all I’ve got. We are close knit and protective of one another. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alex tries to pull the dark haired hottie aside for ‘The talk.’ I’ll have to remember to keep an eye on him.

Liz takes this opportunity to saunter back into the room. Well she looks a bit calmer. Hopefully she has dismissed the whole spell idea entirely. I mean seriously can’t she just take a cold shower like the rest of us. A bit painful but effective nevertheless. "Hey guys.... this is Max..." She introduces everyone individually and then asks politely, "Does anyone else want anything?" She’s always been a great hostess. “Nice to meet all of you.” Max answers but his words seem to be strained.

I look up to see him cast an uneasy glance in Michael’s direction. The instant distrust between the men is unnerving. What’s going on here? Not one to just let things go I make a mental note to get to the bottom of all this awkwardness later. “I guess I should take a look at that sink as well.” Liz’s ‘friend’ states and I pick up on the underlying sexual chemistry between them. No wonder my sister is having a major freak out. They are generating some serious heat.

"You'd better." Gasp and dismay all around, Elizabeth DeLuca just outwardly flirted with a guy. This has got to be a sign of the apocalypse. She quickly finishes preparing his lunch and then turns to me, "Uh.... there you go.... um... Maria? You know that thing I said I might today... yeah I decided I REALLY have to do it..." Oh no. Well, it is her decision. She can run away from love but I don’t think she realizes that feelings like that don’t just disappear by magic. I just made a funny.

"Excuse me..." She dismisses herself and I watch anxiously as she disappears up the stairs. Why do I have a bad feeling about this? “So Michael what do you want on your sandwich?” I inquire with the sweetest smile I can manage. I can’t let him see the worry in my eyes.