Alienation (FF,ADULT, CC & UC)**Recasting**

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

ooc: hope this works...

Micah is coming up :D

bic:

~Natalie~

The bell rings signaling that school is over for the day, thank goodness. If I have to hear the same thing over again, I’m simply going to scream. Some of the others are talking about leaving school the day before the concert in Phoenix to go see Alienation and I know that there is no way in hell I’d be able to go.

Having a father work at your school really makes it hard to get away with anything especially when he can easily check on you about anything he wants to. Still, I’m not going to be able to go and that’s been eating me since I first learned when the tour was happening. I still remember when my friend Nadya from England first sent me a sound file and told me to listen. It was the first time I’d heard the sound of Alienation’s lyrics and music.

I’d instantly called Anya and had her listen on the phone and ever since we’d been hooked. Nadya helped me get a copy of the album for both Anya, and myself, which I was going to have to replace soon with how much I play the thing.

I’d dreamed of moving to England just so I could go and see them in concert anytime and I was constantly telling Anya we had to go. I wanted nothing more then to meet Zander Grey and the others in the band. I could feel so much of the music that they made, as though it was a part of me. There was no other band out there like that as far as I was concerned.

As I leave my class, I walked to my locker and took out the things I’d need to do my homework and then put away things I didn’t need. I had plans to go hang out with Anya later.

“Hey, Nate.” I greeted my brother when I saw him move toward his own locker and before he could respond, I head dad’s voice.

“Hey kids,” he started, “You want a lift home?”

I look at Nate a moment before turning to look at dad, “Sure. I’ve got homework to do and then later Anya and I are getting together.” I reply, shifting some of my hair out of my face. I need to re-dye the red strands because they are losing some of their color and my roots are beginning to show. Though, honestly I don’t have to use dyes like others. I can manipulate the molecules of things, but I’ve learned most of it on my own. I’ve never told my family that I had these gifts simply because I wasn’t certain how they’d feel.

Like, I also have seen strange things before, but I can’t understand what they mean.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Micah~

I’m glad that school is over for the day. If I have to look at one more chemical equation it’ll be too soon. Sometimes, I wish I were in Uncle Max’s class instead of the one I’m in. At least then, from everything I’ve heard from others, I wouldn’t be bored. Not to mention, most of the people in my class are idiots and those that aren’t well, they hold no interest for me. Then again, I was always expected to follow the norm, but I didn’t.

Nate always tried to get me dating these airheads that he knew, but I honestly didn’t care about them. I was never interested in the girls that threw themselves at me. I remember the first time my little sister came back from hanging out with Natalie and carried this album of a band called Alienation. She’d been so excited and flipping out over the band so when her next birthday was nearing, I’d decided to do something for her. I’d researched the band so I could learn what each member looked like and I’d drawn a large picture of all the band members so she could hang it on her wall.

I never got around to giving it to her though. I love art, I always have, but I’ve never had the guts to really show it off. It just piles up in a secret space in my room. No one had ever seen the pictures I drew, not even my best friend, Nate. Hell, not even my sister Anya or parents have seen them. My father is great with art, but I doubt any of them would understand much of the art I’m used to doing.

As we step out of class, I glance around and start for my lockers, sighting Anya as she exits her class. “Sis, need a ride?” I question as I stopped at her side her, glancing around at others warily. I really preferred to sit in silence with my art rather then be active amongst the public regularly.

“Nate, hey man…” I greeted as he and then soon his sister stepped up to their lockers, which were located next to ours. “Natalie…” I greeted. Just at that moment, I heard Uncle Max and turned, nodding toward him, “Uncle Max, hey…” Okay, so I don’t much mind my family, but otherwise people were better off staying away from me.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
Loxyanissa14
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Loxyanissa14 »

~Michael~

I sighed as I looked at my desk. Papers stacked into neat piles, paper work is exhausting. I sit in my leather chair and began to fill out the papers. I hear the phone ring in the other room and then Haley my secretary’s voice, Guerin’s Construction. I smile at her words. It had taken years to start my company. It had been hard work and it still is but days like today are the reason why I love this business. My team and I got to blow up a building and I do love blowing this up.

I look at the clock, 3:30. The kids will be out of school now and I promised Maria I wouldn’t be too late getting home. I shove the papers I’m working on into my brief case and head out of the office. I look around at the town of Roswell. Not much has changed. This is the last place on earth I saw me living. I always wanted to get the hell out of here. It’s funny how things change.
Not all who wander are lost
~Tolkien~

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Nate*

I look up as Dad appears. Almost right behind him are my cousins, Anya and Micah. I have to smile when I see them. Natalie and I have a lot of friends in the school although hers are very different than mine. I'm BMOC around here, on the football team, hanging out with the popular crowd. Dad says Aunt Isabel was like that I can can easily believe it. She has a sense of style that's hard to ignore. Natalie -- well, she's all goth and her friends are the same, but they're good friends to her and that's what counts. Just the same, none of them are really close to either of us the way we are with our family.

I guess some of that has to do with who we are and where we're from. My dad and Uncle Michael are part alien and living here in Roswell -- which means me and Natalie and my cousins are part alien, too. Here in the alien capital of the USA. It's crazy, but nobody knows who they are or what they can do. We look like any other family, but we're not. I'm just glad we know what to be careful of, not like when Dad was a kid.

"Hey Micah, Anya," I say, returning my cousin's greeting. He's not usually one for socializing but he's always open to me. "Dad was just offering us a ride. You guys want to him to drop you off or you could come by the Crashdown, too."

The Crashdown Cafe is a popular place for kids from school and we go there a lot. Mom manages the place but she usually doesn't intrude too much when I'm there with the gang. Grandma and Grandpa Parker still own the place and live upstairs. Dad always goes there after school when Mom is working.
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

OOC: NEW CHARATER ADDED

I was never faithful
And I was never one to trust
Borderlining schizo
And guaranteed to cause a fuss
I was never loyal
Except to my own pleasure zone
I'm forever black-eyed
A product of a broken home

Zander

I glare at Dominique as I rub my stomach. I hold back my angry retort though because it is way to hot to argue. Instead I just scoot over so she can sit down. She raises a pierced eyebrow in disbelief, probably because I actually held my tongue for once. I do however light a cigarette and take a long drag of it before turning and blowing it in her face.

As she goes into a coughing fit (she hates smoke) I tell her. “Paybacks a bitch.” She tries to say something but instead starts coughing again and I chuckle at her.

“Looks like the cats out of the bag.” I hear Danny say and turn to see what he’s talking about. I see a radio station van and two people walking towards us. I notice Danny’s now glaring at the young mechanic who is now trying to look innocent.

A young women with short blonde hair comes up and introduces herself. “My names Hannah Mason and I’m a DJ with 93.3 The planet. I was wondering if you guys would mind giving us a interview. We never get any bands that come through here and it would be great if you could spare a few minutes.” She says this really fast and I wonder if she is holding her breath, considering how she is looking at us so pleadingly I would say she is still holding her breath.

I look at my band mates and they all shrug. I turn back to the girl. She looks so desperate, how could I refuse. “I’ll tell you what luv, you take us somewhere where there is air conditioning and we’ll give you an interview.”

She blushes and says. “I know just the place and I can show you around Roswell a bit if you like.” And like that we are following the very hyper DJ to a restaurant that is decorated in alien motif. We find a booth and ignore all the patrons that are staring at us. But then she pulls out a portable microphone. Shit! I didn’t know this would be live on the radio!

“This is Hannah Mason and I am sitting in The Crashdown café with none other but Alienation. Yes, that is right people. Alienation is in Roswell! What brings you guys here.” She says holding out her microphone in front of my face. I never really like giving interviews and I don’t understand how I became the front man for the band but Sam is shy and Danny absolutely hates the press and refuses to talk to anybody. Dom has gotten better about coming out of her shell lately and she helps me out a lot now.

“Our bus broke down. We were on our way to Arizona. We have a concert in Phoenix on Friday.” Dom tells the radio girl and I take another drag of my cigarette and stare at my black polished nails for a moment. Maybe I can get away with just letting Dominique handle this one.

“That’s right. That concert sold out within a few hours. How are you guys liking Roswell so far?”

“We’ve only been here a few hours but it seems like a very nice town.” Dom answers very diplomatic of her. I would have said it’s fuckin’ HOT! Probably best that she answered that.

“Who writes Alienation’s lyrics?” she then asks and I want to bang my head on the table as my band mates all point to me. Any Alienation fan knows the answer to that question I do believe it was a ploy to get me to talk. This DJ is sneakier than she looks. “That would be me.” I say and the girl blushes again when I turn my full attention back to her. What’s with all the blushing?

“You guy’s first single ever was Nancy Boy. It topped the charts in the UK. There are rumors that you yourself are a “Nancy Boy.” She says and I can’t help but laugh.

“I swing both ways if that is what you are asking. Gender doesn’t matter to me, obviously. I’ve had people mistake me for a girl before they actually met me.” I say still smiling. “I actually started wearing makeup to fuck with people’s brains a little.” I say pushing my sunglasses up to show off my heavily kohl rimmed eyes. I give her a wink before putting them back on and it takes her a second to compose herself before her next question.

“Your new song Wasteland is topping the charts right now.” She says and I nod my head knowing where this is going. “Many people feel it is a song wrote about child abuse. Is this true?”

“It’s a song about a victim of abuse yes, but I wrote it as more of a ode to people who see the signs of abuse and choose to look the other way and just pretend its not happening.”

“Does your music come from personal experiences in your own life.”

I don’t like where her questions are leading so I just say. “All of our music is personal.”
She must since that I want to let the matter drop because she then starts to direct her questions back to Dom.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: sorry for the delay, hope this is okay, currently trying to get a handle on the character...

~Anya~

Alright, end of the day...finally... I work hard enough, but studying really isn't my thing, and it tends to show in my marks... For example compare my last pop quiz mark with Emily - who is THE top student of the year... There's definitely a distinct gap, but then I have other talents, or so I'm told...

And well, who am I to disagree...? Mom's a fabulous singer, and maybe you could say that I've taken after her...

Of course accordingly I'd probably argue that I have better things to do than go to school, but when one of your Uncles works as a teacher, it's kinda more difficult. I've tried skipping a couple of times, but been caught each and every one... Sometimes being me sucks!

Reaching to open my locker, I frown as the lock seems to get stuck, fiddling with it for a moment and then placing my hand over it. My powers let me release it pretty easily...now...although a couple of years ago it would have been less so and anyone in couple of metres radius could have been in trouble...

Now I'm better at it though, it can be handy, and when burning all the pictures of me and Colin when we broke up it sure came in useful...

Opening the door now, I grin as I catch sight of the picture of Alienation I have pinned up inside. I went searching on the net for it, and it's not the best, but it's more than a lot of people here have... Of course it's not just the look of the band members, but the sound... A lot of kids at school here go crazy over the guys because they're 'hot', but their music is what hooked me, it's just amazing...

And they're going to be in Phoenix soon...And I'm not going to be there... It would mean missing school, and of course with an Uncle who works there, as said before well...it's not happening... Did I mention my life sucks?!

"Sis, need a ride...?"

I look round as I hear Micah. "Well if it's a choice between a lift with you and walking I guess the answer would be yeah..." I respond lightly, finding myself suddenly in the middle of everyone as Natalie, Nate and Uncle Max all show up now. "Hey Nate...Natalie..." I look over at the latter. "We still on for later?"

"...or you could come by the Crashdown too..."

"Well sure, where else are we going to go...?" I grab my books, sliding them into my bag as I turn around to look back at Micah. "You going to come too, or are just heading home...?"
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: not sure about this, but giving it a go, hope it's okay...

~Liz~

Who is that, and what gives them the right to turn my diner upside down? My eyes widen as I see Hannah Whatever - some DJ I think, leading some teenage kids in through the door. All the heads seem to turn, and it's chaos with all the chattering and staring.

Okay, so it's not actually my diner, my parents still own it, but that's basically just in name... Since mom became sick she doesn't work, and dad doesn't like leaving her upstairs alone so he's a pretty rare figure too... Not that I mind of course, I'd never say that... They didn't force me to take it on, I certainly had a choice... But with the choice between taking it on, and letting it die, well, I couldn't do the latter...

It wasn't exactly what I had planned, but then again what has been... I dropped out of college after having the twins - not that I didn't try to keep going, but it was all too much, and I figured I'd go back later... Later never came though, not when mom fell sick, I'd been working at the Crashdown while the kids were little, it made sense afterall, and when dad asked me about taking on more, I said yes of course...

Over time I've done more and more, and he's done less and less, and it's not such a bad arrangement... I get to see mom plenty too, which is nice since we never know how much longer... Well, we try and think positively but....

Anyway, that doesn't answer what the heck is going on, as I wipe my hands on the apron which sits over a significantly longer skirt than that of the alien waitress uniforms we used to have... Okay, well that we still have, for the rest of the staff... I've tried to come up with something better, but what can I say, fashion design isn't my forte, and right now I have better things to do than continue messing around with waitressing uniforms. But, I went through my time, and I don't intend to revisit it...

"Alright, can we move it along please!" I look pointedly at Elly, one of the newest waitresses. She's nineteen, goes to the community college. She's a sweet enough girl but apparently has been struck unable to walk by the arrival of this group whoever they are...leaving the last two orders which have been called for her tables sitting at the hatch

"What, oh yeah, sorry Mrs Evans..." She seems to snap out of it as she hurries over to the hatch to collect some waiting orders and I approach the back booth where the new arrivals have situated themselves, intending to find out a little more about who they are...
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
Loxyanissa14
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Loxyanissa14 »

~Dom~

I hate interviews. I look around at the diner as Zander answers one of the dj's questions. The diner is Alien themed. I smile at the large green alien painted on the wall behind Zander. A question directed at Zander throws me off gaurd.

"So how long have you and Dominique been together?" I throw up a little in my mouth as the words leave the Dj's mouth.

"Were not together. Nor have we ever had relations of that kind. I think of Zan as my brother." The words quickly leave my mouth. I don't want any one implying that I fuck my brother.

I'm gald when the subject is switched.

"So what's it like having the biggest name in the buisness be your mangager?" Hannah asks.

"It's great Ava is wonderful."I reply knowing those simple words don't do justice to my mom. The rest of the interview is uneventful and I'm glad when it's over. Maybe we will finally be able to get some service around here. I look around for a waitress, in hopes of some food.
Not all who wander are lost
~Tolkien~

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

The kids agree to a ride, which wasn't a foregone conclusion. They're mostly over the "I can't stand to be seen with my father/Uncle at school or in a car" phase although I'm sure they'd rather have their own transportation. I know I loved having that old jeep when I got my license. Of course, Nate and Natalie are only 16 so they don't have much of a choice as yet. Liz and I will have to think about what happens when they get their full driver's licenses.

"Okay. The Evans express is ready to roll," I say, leading the way out of the school to the parking lot. In a few moments, everyone's in the car. It's strange how as much as things change, somethings always stay the same. Almost 20 years ago, I was doing this same thing -- leaving school and heading for the Crashdown to see Liz.

"Hey, let's put on some music. You got your Alienation CD, Natalie?" Nate asks.

I bristle at the name of the band. I don't really like hearing people talk about them. The first time I was walking past Natalie's room and I heard her say the name 'Zan' I flashed on my son -- the one I'd had with Tess. I hadn't actually talked to the kids about him. It's too complicated and they have enough trouble in their lives. When I heard the name, I thought that some-else must have said something or they'd overheard it and it was time for me to explain things. But as I stopped to listen, I was relieved to discover it was only a singer in a band. I'd actually stopped breathing for a moment before I realized that. It was a relief to know it was something-else. Zan isn't a common name on Earth -- maybe it's not common on Antar, either. I'm not sure. But I'm almost completely certain that my son's adoptive parents would have given him a new name. He was just a baby...

Just the same, I find it hard not to think of my son whenever the kids mention the guy's name. I hope he has a good life with a great set of parents, just like I have.

"Let's stick to the radio," I say, not wanting to listen to the kids talking about Alienation. Not right now.

"Okay," Nathaniel says with a shrug. He's not as big an Alienation fan as the girls are and I expect them to object, but Nate turns on the radio as I start driving down the road.

The first thing we hear as he turns up the volume, is an on-air interview. In moments, I realize they're interviewing Zan from Alienation -- and he's at the Crashdown! How did this happen? It must be a madhouse there.

“Your new song Wasteland is topping the charts right now. Many people feel it is a song wrote about child abuse. Is this true?” The interviewer asks.

“It’s a song about a victim of abuse yes, but I wrote it as more of a ode to people who see the signs of abuse and choose to look the other way and just pretend its not happening.”

“Does your music come from personal experiences in your own life.”

“All of our music is personal.” Zan says.

He sound evasive. I bet he was abused. Poor kid. Something like that should never happen. I find myself drawn in, being interested, even 'though I don't care anything about the band.

The interview moves on to another person and they start talking about the band's manager. "It's great. Ava is wonderful."

Ava. Now there's another name from the past. Two Antarian names, both associated with Alienation. What are the odds of that? I haven't heard from our Ava in a long time. I wonder if she's still alive?
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Natalie~

As Nate walks up, he greets, "Hey Micah, Anya." I look over at him as I think about how different my brother and I are with the crowds we hang out with but the Guerin’s were always the exception because they were family. "Dad was just offering us a ride. You guys want to him to drop you off or you could come by the Crashdown, too."

"Sis, need a ride...?" Micah ends up questioning as he walked up to Anya.

"Well if it's a choice between a lift with you and walking I guess the answer would be yeah..." My best-friend replies and I can’t keep from grinning. "Hey Nate...Natalie..."

"We still on for later?" She questions and I nod. No way am I changing that thought.

"...or you could come by the Crashdown too..."

"Well sure, where else are we going to go...?" Anya replies as my brother makes the offer.

"You going to come too, or are just heading home...?" I’m not expecting to hear Micah really reply, he’s always kind of quiet and simply says hello and talks to my brother in front of me anyway.

“I’ll come along. For a little while… but I’ll meet you there.” Micah ends up replying and clapping my brother on the shoulder, “See you in a few.” When Micah walks off I shrug and turn to Anya, knowing that we’re both bummed.

“I say we have some chocolate, loads of it.” I suggest to her as we begin walking out of the class buildings and toward the parking lot.

"Okay. The Evans express is ready to roll," My dad could be fun at times, but sometimes I was annoyed by how he was at times.

We all got in and my brother began making comments, "Hey, let's put on some music. You got your Alienation CD, Natalie?"

“Of course! How can I not carry them around with me?” I reply toward my brother, almost in the attitude that said he should know better.

"Let's stick to the radio," dad suggests and I can’t keep from grumbling as I look at Anya. Why was it that dad didn’t ever seem to like us talking about them?

"Okay," Nate replies and suddenly the radio comes alive and I hear the word Wasteland. My gaze automatically goes to Anya as we listen to Zander, the lead singer of Alienation and Dominique answering questions.

“You guy’s first single ever was Nancy Boy. It topped the charts in the UK. There are rumors that you yourself are a “Nancy Boy.” The representative of the radio station asks, I can’t remember her name. Then again, I rarely listen to regular radio anymore.

“I swing both ways if that is what you are asking. Gender doesn’t matter to me, obviously. I’ve had people mistake me for a girl before they actually met me.” I can’t keep from smiling at his response. “I actually started wearing makeup to fuck with people’s brains a little.”

I turned to look toward Anya, “Did you hear that?! I can’t believe it! Their here… in Roswell… in my families restaurant!” I look towards my father, “Please, dad hurry! I don’t want to miss my chance to meet them!”

~Micah~

This was bound to be a waste of time. The entire fan geek dome would be coming out of the woodwork in order to ‘get close’ to Alienation and my sister was one of them. Both girls were psycho about the band and the fact that they were at the Crashdown where we are heading… well that couldn’t be good. Though, it was interesting to hear that their singer, Zander was blunt about being bi, very interesting.

Sitting in my car, listening to the radio, I sigh. I shouldn’t have said I’d be at the Crash… but I was going. Besides, there was no way in hell I was going to let anyone take advantage of my family. I’d go, watch out for Anya and Natalie and at the same time see what everyone thought was so great about this Zander… other then his looks. Yeah, my sister claims that it’s not just looks that gets her when it comes to Alienation, but I rather doubt that.

Climbing out of my car, I realize that I have arrived before Uncle Max and the others and make my way inside the Crash. As I walk in, I see my Aunt Liz heading towards where Zander Grey sat with the reporter and move to greet her, “Hey, need any help, Aunt Liz?” I ask, silently hoping that she has everything handled, though I never really mind helping her when she needs, as long as I’m not up front where everyone sees me. I’d rather be in the kitchen, though as I stand there waiting for her reply, I also can’t stop myself from looking at the members of Alienation from the corner of my eye.

Then as an after thought I add, “The others will be here soon too, they were nearly right behind me.”
Last edited by StormWolfstone on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A List of All My Fics