Can You Keep a Secret? (AU/CC-ish XO mature CASTING)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

*Maria*

Michael speaks not a word, but years of practice allow me to see through the careful mask he wears. The conflict is evident within his tortured expression. An unmistakable sadness plays across his beautiful features. I can’t help but think ‘We are far too young for this.’ Whatever happened to worrying about nail polish and the latest fashion must have? Two years ago the most crucial decision I had to make was whether or not to go to The Homecoming Dance with Doug Shoan.

Now there are life and death consequences to my every action. The slightest error in judgment could doom us all. That’s a great responsibility to be held on the shoulders of seventeen year olds. He visibly struggles with an answer. I understand his deep deliberation. The last thing Michael wants to do is hurt me, but still there is something hidden inside him that instinctively searches for the truth. It’s both a quality I love and hate about him. I fear it’s that quest for knowledge that will one day tear him from my arms.

"We have to be careful," Max wisely proclaims. "On the other hand, if they find any Cadmium X in the body ..." We all know what that means. Oh God! It can’t be Alex. He’s done nothing wrong. He’s the most innocent of us all. Involuntarily I shudder this can’t be happening. I am going to wake up soon from this nightmare. I’ll rush to the phone and call my best friend. He’ll be so excited to tell me about a new song he’s written for The Whits. Perhaps he’ll even ask me to sing it for them. Yes, that’s what will happen.

I choke back tears. It has too… I can’t imagine a world in which Alex isn’t a part of it. "It could be another person killed by Nacedo or the Skins. Or something completely unrelated to us, of course.” Michael must be able to tell that I am about to lose it for he answers steadily, "I won't," Something in his eyes doesn’t quite convince me. He’s holding back. I can always tell when he’s attempting to censor himself. I take him at his word simply because I don’t dare question it.

If I press him he’ll argue the point and I can’t fight with him right now. He darts his eyes away from mine and looks over to my left in Max’s direction. I surely wish I could decipher guy code. Alas my chick card keeps me from doing so. When Stonewall Guerin’s attention is mine again he suggests, "Come on Maria, I think we should go." I obediently nod my head not trusting my voice. Turning in his arms I wave to the others and then flash Liz and meaningful look. If I look half as broken as she does then we are both in trouble.

Then without warning I glare at the bleach blonde slut who came and ruined everything. If it weren’t for her we’d all be blissfully ignorant of Destiny and all that it entails. I run my hands through my hair, a nervous gesture obviously, before exiting the room. Once we are out of range of the others I open my mouth to speak without even turning around. I know without looking that he’s there. “Michael, what are we going to do?” I start stomping towards the Jetta determination filling my veins. :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Tess*

As corny as it probably sounds the whole world and everything in it seems to fade away when Kyle swiftly takes me into his arms. His warm embrace leaves me feeling safe and protected. He doesn’t just simply tolerate me. The wonderful man before me genuinely cares about me. I desperately try not to enjoy it but when he places his strong chin on the top of my head I almost sigh in pleasure. I shouldn’t allow myself to rest comfortably in his embrace and yet I do. If only for a moment I seek the relief only he seems to bring.

“You will always have a home with my dad and me Tess. I am so happy that you are safe and well.” Just as quickly as I let them down I build my resistance back up. I have a purpose greater then myself. I have to fight this overwhelming feeling towards Kyle. It’s simply not meant to be. Michael decides to pipe in by stating,

"I'm not saying this because I think you need permission, but I think from now on if one of us needs to go somewhere they should tell us. Like Max said, people worry. We don't need alarm bells going up where they shouldn't." Anger rises to the surface. Luckily Kyle gives me a comforting squeeze. “Well now that we got that out of the way, I think there is something else that needs to be discussed. Max do you want to address the group or shall I?”

Uh Oh this doesn’t sound good. "I was just at the Sheriff's office and I was coming here because we have bad news. Some hikers found a body out in the desert. It was badly burned so they don't know who it was. They don't even know if it was a male or a female, young or old. I might not be him." They’ve found the body. I am surprised it took them this long. I didn’t exactly try to cover it up.

"They're calling in the FBI to find out who it could be." Now there’s trouble I wasn’t expecting. Maria apparently sees this as the time to break down. She’s such a basket case not nearly strong enough to be with the commander. One day they are going to see that Destiny is written in stone. There’s no use fighting it. "You…I…We can’t go anywhere near that…. They mustn’t have any reason to suspect us in any way. Please tell me you won’t go anywhere near it. Please.”

So utterly pathetic. Pesky human emotions will get in the way every time. Still I like where she’s going with this. I don’t want the others investigating Whitman’s body. I didn’t leave any evidence behind but I still don’t like the thought of them messing around in places they don’t belong. "We have to be careful," Max starts with a very serious expression.

"On the other hand, if they find any Cadmium X in the body ..." Oh Shit. “It could be another person killed by Nacedo or the Skins. Or something completely unrelated to us, of course," Yeah run with that. Anything that doesn’t link the murder back to me. Max shoots me a curious look. What’s going on in that head of his?

Michael and Maria leave the room but not before the blonde ditz flashes me a angry look. I just smirk in response. I could turn her into ashes with a mere thought. “I think Max is right.” I side with the one true King. “We should leave it alone. It’s too dangerous.” :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

I catch Maria's glare at Tess as we walk out, and get this image of Maria having powers and totally just blowing Tess up. Yeah, sure it's a dream, but if Maria did have powers, that would truthfully be the first thing she'd do.

As soon as we've left the building, Maria heads towards the Jetta, speaking without looking, since I'm right behind her. “Michael, what are we going to do?” I walk until I'm ahead of her and between her and the Jetta. What are we going to do. Good question. I wish I knew the answer to that one. I don't know what to do about anything really. Life is so much more confusing now than it's ever been.

"Honestly, Maria, I don't know. But right NOW, we're going to go somewhere where you can just calm down and not think about this. Somewhere away from everyone else." I hold my hand out for the keys, and say quietly "Let me drive." Once she reluctantly hands them over, I pull open the passenger side door and walk around to the driver's side.

"We can go hole up in my apartment for a bit." My apartment is the one place that's quiet. The one place that no one bursts into...well, except for Maria, but she's with me. It's away from the group, away from Maria's mother, and especially away from Tess.

"I know you can't get him out of your mind, and I'm not telling you to, but you need to bring your stress level down or you are going to do something bad. So please get in the car?" I ask the last part as a question, not wanting to pressure her, but not really wanting a no either. I know she's hurting. I want to help.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I watch silently as Michael and Maria leave, Maria shooting deathly looks from her eyes at Tess. I know she and Liz have never liked Tess but she's not the biggest problem right now. I need to know if that body is going to reveal us. I can leave it to the FBI to find out who it is, and hope that it isn't Alex, but if there's Cadmium-X and the FBI recognises that ...

“I think Max is right. We should leave it alone. It’s too dangerous.” Tess says.

I nod, still torn. If it turns out that the compound isn't there, then it's foolish to check and risk getting caught. Staying away is wiser. But if it is there, then it's suicide to leave it there. If only we knew...

I look over at Isabel and Liz, wondering what they're thinking. I walk a few steps to my sister's side and wrap my arms around her to give what little comfort I can.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

Michael quickly speeds up so that now he is in front of me blocking me from the car. I narrow my eyebrows curiously. I wonder what’s going on it that head of his. I wait as patiently as I can manage for his response. "Honestly, Maria, I don't know. But right NOW, we're going to go somewhere where you can just calm down and not think about this. Somewhere away from everyone else." He reaches for the keys but I am a tad resistant. His voice is soft and soothing almost like one would use to coax a wild animal. Hmmm not a bad analogy I suppose.

"Let me drive." Not seeing another option I reach inside the pocket of my uniform and retrieve the keys. He takes them swiftly almost as if he is afraid I will change my mind. I watch in awe as he opens the passenger door for me and then jogs around to the other side. "We can go hole up in my apartment for a bit." Not a bad idea I suppose. I’d rather not be at The Crash with the others and Michael’s place feels more like home then my own house does.

Still I am hesitant. What if something happens? What if they find out some new information and we aren’t there? I reason with myself that if anything of importance happens that the gang will call and let us know. "I know you can't get him out of your mind, and I'm not telling you to, but you need to bring your stress level down or you are going to do something bad. So please get in the car?" Something bad? As horrible as I feel I almost laugh. He knows me all too well. “Okay.” And with that I surrender.

Sliding onto the seat I close the door and immediately take off those ridiculous antennae’s. It would be embarrassing had Michael not seen them on me nearly every day for the past year. I sigh unhappy that things have gotten so out of control. Feeling the tension in my shoulders I move my neck to ease the ache. I reach up and pull the tie from my hair letting it fall past my shoulders in blonde waves. Without thinking about I begin to bite the nails on my right hand.

It’s a nervous gesture I’ve had ever since I was little. Alex used to tease me that I would nibble my fingers right off if I wasn’t careful. Alex. Desperate to erase thoughts of doubt and worry I pipe up, “I certainly hope you have some cereal at the apartment because I am starving.” That’s it DeLuca. Focus on your stomach. If you are talking about food you aren’t wondering if your best friend in the world is lying in a ditch somewhere. :D
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

“Okay.” Maria says as I watch her carefully. I slide in at the same time as she does and glance over to find her pulling off her little 'alien' antennae and letting her hair down. Well, even if she doesn't feel it, now at least she looks more relaxed.

"Thank you," I tell her as I start the car and head in the direction of my apartment. Maria starts to bite her nails nervously as I drive but then stops and gets another sad look on her face. Must've had an Alex thought. This is so hard for her and Liz, but it seems as if Liz is handling it much better. I know that if it was me and Max or Isabel, or even if Maria was missing I'd be an angry wreck, probably yelling at everyone. But that's just how I deal with stress. Maria gets a bit more emotional.

“I certainly hope you have some cereal at the apartment because I am starving.” Maria adds as we pull onto the street the apartment complex is on.

"I don't know what I have but I most certainly have food," I say with a half smile, knowing that Maria's going to freak when she steps in my apartment. She's been so busy with her mom and Liz lately that she hasn't been over. And I stayed at her house for a few nights, so the apartmentt is probably a disaster. Oh well. Yelling at me will help keep her mind off everything. And it's probably one of her favorite things to do.

I pull into the parking lot and park as close to the apartment as possible, shut off the car, and get out, walking around to Maria's side. Holding out the keys, I smile and open her door. "Don't you already feel more relaxed?" I ask as I nod to the mostly empty parking lot. It's nice and quiet.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

Michael flashes me one of his signature mischievous grins before retorting, "I don't know what I have but I most certainly have food.” The boy sure can eat. I have to admit I love watching him put it away. Don’t quite know why. I used to nag him endlessly for shoveling it in, but now it’s just a part of his manner. Like the way he raises his left eyebrow up when I’ve said something that baffles him. Apparently I do that a lot. If nothing else we keep each other on our toes.

Come to think of it I haven’t been to his apartment for awhile now. He’s been spending the night at my house. Yeah I bet that’s a sentence you’d never thought you’d hear. My mom has been surprising cool about things. I guess she knew that Alex’s disappearance broke me and not knowing how to fix it she just stepped aside and let Michael take care of me. Thus far there have been no beatings with the newspaper but it’s probably only a matter of time before she will pull me aside and have one of those ‘What are you doing with your life?’ talks.

Somehow they always involve Michael and how if I’m not careful I’ll be stuck in Roswell, New Mexico for the rest of my life. Honestly, I don’t see that happening. Michael, whether or not he knows it or not, is a very brilliant man. He doesn’t have to be the Commander of some Alien Nation to be important. This town is far too small for his fate and I like to think that our destinies are connected.

I will go wherever he does as long as he’ll have me and I like to think that if an opportunity came up for me a thousand miles away that he would go with me.I can’t be sure of that however, because the last time we have a significant discussion about it he told me that he ‘could give me now.’ My question is that when does the future become now?

I am lost in thought and don’t even notice we’ve reached our destination until we stop. Michael shuts off the car and walks around to my side. With a warm and yet worried grin he opens the door and states, "Don't you already feel more relaxed?" He gestures to the vacant parking lot. Never one to surrender immediately I answer. “Maybe.” I smile but it doesn’t quite reach my eyes. Taking the keys from him I let my hand touch his a little longer then necessary. Just feeling him makes me feel calmer and more at ease.

Not one to just drop the subject entirely I speak my thoughts aloud. “Liz didn’t say much.” I recall while narrowing my eyebrows. I can feel a brutal headache coming on. “Must be in shock.” I think back to everyone’s reactions in the break room. “Tess looked unhappy but not surprised. I find that to be odd. Though she has always been a little on the weird side. “ I begin walking into the building while still reflecting, “I don’t like that she agreed with Max and I so quickly. It makes me suspicious.”
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

“Maybe.” Maria says with a good attempt at a smile, as she takes the keys and holds onto my hand for a moment as if comforting herself. When she gets up, I just grab her hand wordlessly and start walking. If it's comforting, I can deal with a little bit of handholding.

We head up to the building and the entrance to my apartment, and Maria suddenly blurts out. “Liz didn’t say much.” Of course Maria can't entirely not think about anything. I think if she tried her head might explode. “Must be in shock. Tess looked unhappy but not surprised. I find that to be odd. Though she has always been a little on the weird side. I don’t like that she agreed with Max and I so quickly. It makes me suspicious.” Maria continues, off in her own little world, but I listen anyways.

"Tess has always been suspicous. I didn't trust her the moment I met her. I think I just went along with everything because I wanted her to be telling the truth." I say quietly as we get to my door and I feel around for my keys.

Unlocking the door, I continue. "And I'm sure Liz is in shock. You three have been best friends forever."
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

I savor the feel of Michael’s warm hand enclosed protectively over mine. If the situation wasn’t so dire I’d say this was a beautiful moment. "Tess has always been suspicious. I didn't trust her the moment I met her. I think I just went along with everything because I wanted her to be telling the truth." He states his voice low and cautious. I watch with great interest as he fiddles around in his pocket for his keys.

Swallowing harshly I look upon his handsome face and hurt fills me almost to the brim. All he’s ever wanted was answers. The truth about who he is and where he comes from It’s important to him, and even though that information might someday be our undoing I will do everything in my power to help him get it. He unlocks the door with ease and continues while we enter the room. "And sure Liz is in shock. You three have been best friends forever." I nod understandingly but something just doesn’t feel right.

Making my way over to the couch I plop down. It feels like the day’s events have finally taken their toll. I am exhausted. I hope Liz will cover for us at The Crashdown. It was almost time for us to leave anyway but I would never want to leave her short handed. “I know it’s just…” I look for the right word. “Liz is a problem solver.” I state rather matter of factly.

“Give me a uncontrollable situation and I will flip out. Do the same to Liz and she will begin to pick at the problem until she understands it from every angle. It doesn’t matter that she can’t possibly fix it. It’s just the scientist in her.” I run my weary hand through my hair. Wanting him to understand my point I add. “It just seems like nothing is like it used to be, and I have a feeling that after all this things will never be the same.”
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

As soon as we get into the apartment Maria makes her way to the couch and collapses on it, immediately continuing the conversation. I know it’s just…Liz is a problem solver.” She's right about that one. Moving over to the counter I grab the first box of food; wheat thins, and bring them over to the couch, sitting next to Maria.

“Give me a uncontrollable situation and I will flip out. Do the same to Liz and she will begin to pick at the problem until she understands it from every angle. It doesn’t matter that she can’t possibly fix it. It’s just the scientist in her. It just seems like nothing is like it used to be, and I have a feeling that after all this things will never be the same.” This is all true. Maria always flips out about everything. And Liz tends to be the calm and collected one.

"Well, you've got a point. Liz does seem a little out of her element. But this is much different than the problems you guys have faced before. Everyone is going to react differently," I start, putting an arm around her and hugging her close as I offer up the wheat thins.

"Things change people. Maybe Alex missing is one of those things that is changing Liz."