Can You Keep a Secret? (AU/CC-ish XO mature CASTING)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I listen to Tess' story with a critical ear. It's not because I don't believe her but because I'm trying to take in every detail so I can decide what to believe. There's nothing in it that I can verify right now, but it does make sense -- except for one thing. That she didn't think she needed to tell anyone. I am relieved to hear her say she's not my girl-friend. Sometimes I'm not sure she understands that. Although in this context, she seems to imply that without that she doesn't owe the group any aliegience at all...

"Tess, you don't need permission," I agree. "But you should have told someone. At least Kyle or Valenti. Don't you remember how he freaked when we all went to Las Vagas? First thing he assumed was that something happened to us. You should have realized that we'd think the same thing this time."

I shake my head. There are so many potential threats out there. It's why Tess went to live with the Sheriff in the first place. She said she felt she had a home there, but she doesn't act like it. "What do you think a home is if it's not a place where someone cares about you? I'm glad you're safe."

Funny that she hasn't acted at all alarmed that Alex is missing. Does that really not matter at all to her? Just another human? I just can't understand that. She really has no idea what friends are. I almost feel sorry for her but I'm much more worried about Alex.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

*Tess*

Max seemed to speculate for a moment before stating. "Tess, you don't need permission," Finally some recognition. "But you should have told someone. At least Kyle or Valenti. Don't you remember how he freaked when we all went to Las Vegas? First thing he assumed was that something happened to us. You should have realized that we'd think the same thing this time."

Honestly I wasn’t doing much thinking at the time. After the…accident I just sort of freaked and ran. Then when I was able to think things through I realized that they would have no reason to suspect me. In fact I drew attention to myself by fleeing. I am contemplating these things when Max piped up. "What do you think a home is if it's not a place where someone cares about you? I'm glad you're safe."

I take a deep shuddering breath and look away awkwardly. I will not let pesky human emotion get the better of me. “I am truly sorry.” I apologize unsteadily. “I didn’t think anyone except Kyle and the Sheriff would even notice if I disappeared for a few weeks.” I steal a quick glance from the handsome boy beside me. He doesn’t even know what I’ve done. What I will do. He looks at me with those adoring eyes and he doesn’t even know me.

If things were different we could be a real normal teenage coupe. If only…I can’t entertain such ludicrous ideas. I am meant to be with Max. I repeat that over and over. I guess I am still trying to convince myself. "Home is still a fairly new concept to me." I admit with shaking hands. :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

OOC: Hope this is ok :)

Dr. Temperance Brennan

I am gazing out the window of my partner’s black SUV and I am slightly calmed by the desert stretched out around us. I am always amazed by new places and actually enjoy getting away from the city at times. There are so many things that can be learned from just going to different places and the anthropologist in me just can’t help but get excited.

I hear Booth clear his throat. "So apparently there's this very burnt up body in Roswell, and they want us to check it out. Cam wants us to stay down there, so I've rented us a room in the motel."

I turn and smirk at him, “Well Booth, since I have read the file, I am aware of why we are going out of state to Roswell.” Wait; did he just say motel room? Does that mean we are sharing a room? My comfort level just crashed to a very low level. Sharing a room with Booth definitely was going to be challenging to say the least.

I watch as he leans over, turning up the radio and the A/C. I see tiny sweat beads glistening down the side of his face. I have to chuckle to myself. “Man, I’m hot, are you? Or is it just me.” He asks as he checks the temperature gage in the SUV. I glance over, it’s 80 degrees.

I turn to Booth before rambling, which I tend to do a lot. “Well, first off you should know better than to wear a suit into the desert. Second, we are driving through the desert in the peak of the afternoon, which deserts can reach over 100 degrees not including the heat index. Since I took that factor in before dressing, I am quite comfortable thank you.” I giggle slightly. “It’s best to wear loose fitting clothing so maybe you need to loosen your tie a little there Booth.”
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

gah, sorry if this is terrible.
Michael

Maria folds against me, and I feel her trying to relax, but this whole thing is clearly bothering her. All of the sudden she tenses up, so I rub her shoulders and try to come up with something comforting to say. Nothing came to mind, so I just try to focus on what Tess was saying, even though that was the last thing I want to do.

Max mentions that going somewhere private might be a good idea, so we follow him to the back room. “This had better be good.” Maria mumbles, and I nod my head in agreement.

Once we're in the back, I listen to what Max has to say. I personally think that if any of us wants to go off, we should get permission. It's safer that way. "Home is still a fairly new concept to me," Tess says, and I clench a fist. Yeah right. I don't trust anything she says.

Interrupting, I turn so that I'm facing everyone, well obviously except Maria because she's in front of me. "I'm not saying this because I think you need permission, but I think from now on if one of us...." I point at everyone here. "...needs to go somewhere they SHOULD tell us. Like Max said, people worry. We don't need alarm bells going up where they shouldn't."
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

Kyle

"Where were you visiting these friends? And why didn't you tell us you were leaving?” I look over to find the demanding eyes of Michael. He doesn’t trust Tess. Actually I am the only one in the room that does.

"Not here," Max says firmly. “Back room.” I see the look Max gives Tess as we all start in after him.

I can see the slight aggravation cross Tess’s face but then it’s masked again by her blank expression. She crosses her arms over her chest defensively and I fight the urge to pull her close and protect her. She opens her mouth to speak, “First of all I am just going to assume that you are questioning me because you were filled with worry and not because you think that I can’t up and leave whenever I decide to.”

She pauses and I can see her swallow the slight anger that is apparent in her eyes. “Max, you are not my guardian. Nor are you my boyfriend so you really have no right to the knowledge to which I am about to give you.” She glances in my direction and I smile slightly nodding my support. All she has to do is ask and I will be there for her.

As the group listens to her story I can see the looks that they are giving her. Max is on the defensive. He’s always that way lately. But it doesn’t seem like he’s alone. No one in this room seems to believe in Tess and it upsets me that they treat her like such an outcast. I can only hope that she realizes how much I do care about her and her well being. I am relieved when that answer comes out of her mouth, “…The Hilton's offered me a home but I declined. I felt I already had one.”

Tess looks over in my direction and I am overwhelmed with the emotion of her words as she smiles. It warms my heart that she feels excepted by my father and me. I know my father and I both have grown quite fond of having her around.

I watch as she glares at Max, challenging him to try and pull the old I am King therefore boss routine. She finally turns to me and I see the sadness finally lying there as she finishes, “I am truly sorry for upsetting you. I didn’t think. I’ve been trained to be self sufficient. I never even wondered what you would think it meant.”

Max looks at her. He goes into some bogus speach about how she's doesn't need his permission and how she should have told at least us. Yea, he really knows how to put on a good front. He wants everyone on a leash these days. We arent' supposed to breathe unless he gives us the ok.

I am as shocked as Tess when Max adds, "What do you think a home is if it's not a place where someone cares about you? I'm glad you're safe."

I twinge of jealousy hits me. Glad she’s safe. He could care less if she was safe or not. Alex and Tess were both missing and he should be rejoicing that she is safe. What she doesn’t get the same courtesy? Why is she always the one that gets picked on in this group?

She takes a deep shuddering breath and looks away awkwardly. She is uncomfortable with showing emotions. To her they are a sign of weakness. But I know that his words hit a nerve in her. She apologizes, “I didn’t think anyone except Kyle and the Sheriff would even notice if I disappeared for a few weeks.”

She looks at me and my heart warms at the affection she holds in her eyes. God, why can’t she see that Max is not her Destiny? She is looking at her hands and they are shaking, "Home is still a fairly new concept to me."

I finally reach my arms around her drawing her close to me for support. I lean in and rest my chin on her head. “You will always have a home with my dad and me Tess. I am so happy that you are safe and well.”

I can see the apprehension on Michael’s face as he registers the last few minutes. I can see the distrust in his eyes for Tess and it makes me furious at the whole lot of them even more.

Michael regards the group, pointing at us. "I'm not saying this because I think you need permission, but I think from now on if one of us needs to go somewhere they should tell us. Like Max said, people worry. We don't need alarm bells going up where they shouldn't."

I give Tess another squeeze. I swallow now knowing that it is time for a harder truth to come out. I just am unsure who should be the one to tell the group, Max or I.

I glance in Max’s direction before speaking. “Well now that we got that out of the way, I think there is something else that needs to be discussed. Max do you want to address the group or shall I?”
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I wait and let everyone-else react to what Tess has said. Well, everyone that wants to. She really should have told me where she was going. Even if she told nobody-else, she should have informed me or Sheriff Valenti. He would have told me.

Michael is angry and Kyle is comforting. I still have a lot of other thing to worry about beyond just Tess. She has been an asset to the group this year and has helped me in many ways. I do wish she could be more a part of our group but that's never going to happen if she keeps leaving us out. She knows so much more about a lot of things. Things we need to know. At least she's begun to accept Kyle and Valenti in her life -- although not as fully as she says or she'd have told them that she'd be gone.

But now that this issue is cleared up, it's time to talk about the reason I was coming here in the first place, before I even knew Tess would be here.

“Well now that we got that out of the way, I think there is something else that needs to be discussed. Max do you want to address the group or shall I?” Kyle asks.

I nod, almost surprised that Kyle and I are on the same page here, but then, he is the only one besides me who knows about the body. I am glad that he asked before blurting it out. "I'll do it," I say, looking around the room at everyone.

"I was just at the Sheriff's office and I was coming here because we have bad news. Some hikers found a body out in the desert. It was badly burned so they don't know who it was. They don't even know if it was a male or a female, young or old. I might not be him." I'm trying to be positive but I find myself looking down for a moment before forcing myself to raise my chin. I have to face this just like all of them. Still, I can't seem to meet Liz's eyes or Isabel's. I settle for Michael, although he's dangerously close to Maria. "They're calling in the FBI to find out who it could be."

FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

*Maria*

Michael tugs me closer to his body and its security and warmth comforts me. The strong man pressed firmly against my back is so wonderful. I couldn’t ask for a more supportive boyfriend. I don’t know what I’d do without him. He’s been my rock during this very difficult time. I also love that when Space Boy speaks the group listens. "I'm not saying this because I think you need permission, but I think from now on if one of us...."He gestures to everyone within the room.

"...needs to go somewhere they SHOULD tell us. Like Max said, people worry. We don't need alarm bells going up where they shouldn't." I agree whole heartedly. Silently I watch as Kyle hugs Tess. Eww even Poodle Boy could do so much better. I am slightly startled when he announces, “Well now that we got that out of the way, I think there is something else that needs to be discussed. Max do you want to address the group or shall I?”

Okay, what did I miss? Swallowing harshly, I feel the tension enter my shoulders. This can’t be good. Max unhappily answers, "I'll do it," I attempt to prepare myself for what’s to come, but how can you ever really do that? Biting my bottom lip in frustration I do the only thing I can do. Wait and pray. "I was just at the Sheriff's office and I was coming here because we have bad news. “ Long Dramatic Pause. “Some hikers found a body out in the desert. It was badly burned so they don't know who it was. They don't even know if it was a male or a female, young or old. I might not be him."

Oh my God. The only thing allowing me to hold on now is the small word might. "They're calling in the FBI to find out who it could be." The FBI?! Is this not our worst nightmare come true? I find my knees growing weak. Michael’s gentle hands steady me. I don’t think I can take this. Max is being very careful not to look me in the eye. Poor guy, it’s not fair that he always has to be the bearer of bad news. I turn in Michael’s arms so that I am facing him. I have to see his face. It’s the only possible thing that could calm me down right now.

My mouth is dry and it almost pains me to speak but I force the words out. “You…I…We can’t go anywhere near that….” I can’t say the word body. “They mustn’t have any reason to suspect us in any way. Please tell me you won’t go anywhere near it.” I need to hear him say the words. I am startled to find that my cheeks are wet. Bringing my fingertips to my face I wipe away tears. I hadn’t even known I had been crying. “Please.” I plead my heart breaking at the thought.

My best friend is missing…A body has been found…Charred beyond recognition. It can’t be. I refuse to believe it. I began to feel light headed.
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

“You…I…We can’t go anywhere near that…. They mustn’t have any reason to suspect us in any way. Please tell me you won’t go anywhere near it. Please.” Maria says, begging Michael.

I'm almost pleased to hear it. It was the first thing I wanted to say when I mentioned the FBI. The need to be 'normal'. To be extra vigilent and be sure that nobody suspects us. I saved it because I didn't want to sound like I cared more about our safety than I did about Alex, but it really is important. I don't want any of us captured again. If Maria hadn't brought it up, I would have said it myself a little later.

I nod slowly. "We have to be careful," I agree. I bite my lip for a moment, not sure how to continue. "On the other hand, if they find any Cadmium X in the body ..." I trail off, not sure what to say. Cadmium X would mean the person was killed by an alien, which might mean it was Alex. There are lots of other reasons that Alex might be gone, reasons that anyone might be gone, but an encounter with Nicholas or some other alien seems possible.

"It could be another person killed by Nacedo or the Skins. Or something completely unrelated to us, of course," I say wanting to keep other possibilities open. Possibilities that it's not Alex. That Maybe Alex is still safe somewhere but just hasn't been able to call. The odds are there isn't any Cadmium X, but I would like to know before the FBI finds it if it's there.

I glance at Tess then, thinking of Nacedo. She's said that she didn't know that he'd been a killer before he came to Roswell but she might have some guess if someone he killed could be out there. Heck, it could be Hank Geurin.
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

I watch with disgust as Kyle hugs Tess, but tense a bit when he clears his throat and lets out an ominous “Well now that we got that out of the way, I think there is something else that needs to be discussed. Max do you want to address the group or shall I?” I glance from him to Max, wondering what we haven't already discussed, and when I see Max's face I immediately feel a weight sink to the bottom of my stomach.

"I was just at the Sheriff's office and I was coming here because we have bad news. Some hikers found a body out in the desert. It was badly burned so they don't know who it was. They don't even know if it was a male or a female, young or old. I might not be him." Max says, pausing at all the worst moments. Him. By him they mean Alex. Max wouldn't even be bringing it up if he thought it wasn't Alex. I've known him long enough to guess that.

He tries to come up with other explanations, and says that without Cadmium X we can't know for sure if the body was even killed by an alien. Well, that is the least comforting speech I've ever heard, even if it was supposed to have the opposite effect. If the FBI are going to be hovering, we might never get a chance to see the body. I can't do that. I need to know....for Maria, and Liz....for all of us. I need to know it's not him.

Maria turns slowly in my arms and points her teary doe eyes up at me. I feel something break as I look at her face. I'm not the sappy emotional one, but she's going through so much right now that it's hard to be a stone wall. And my support is helping her, so I'm going to keep being the good boyfriend.

“You…I…We can’t go anywhere near that…. They mustn’t have any reason to suspect us in any way. Please tell me you won’t go anywhere near it. Please.” I listen to Maria's painful words, and see the tears start to fall from her face.

"I won't," I say quietly, silently leaving out the words I and promise. Eventually Max and I will have to take a look at the body, once things calm down. He'll change his mind even though he's agreeing with her now. But for the present, I won't go look at the body. I'll steer clear.

I lock eyes with Max for a moment as if telling him to end this conversation.

"Come on Maria, I think we should go." I want to get her out of her, somewhere quiet where she can calm down, somewhere away from the 'uber-bitch' that I've decided embodies Tess.
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Seeley Booth

“Well, first off you should know better than to wear a suit into the desert. Second, we are driving through the desert in the peak of the afternoon, which deserts can reach over 100 degrees not including the heat index. Since I took that factor in before dressing, I am quite comfortable thank you. It’s best to wear loose fitting clothing so maybe you need to loosen your tie a little there Booth.” Bones says snarkily, smirking and letting out a quiet laugh.

Great. We haven't even gotten there yet and I'm being mocked. Shaking my head at her I pull off my suit jacket and throw it in the back.

"I'll have you know that I need to dress like this; it's part of the job requirement," I say back loudly, smirking back. Then in the distance I see news trucks and a tent set up. Clearly we've found our crime scene.

"We've arrived."