Perfectly Tolerable[MATURE AU-CC] STARTING!

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

alizaleven wrote:If no one takes Alex I'd love to play him :)
He is all yours, Ali. :D
Dreamer_Dreaming
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Dreamer_Dreaming »

Ok everyone! we just need a Michael, is anyone willing to take him or even temp for him?

As soon as Michael out of the way, we will start this game. Good luck to everyone!
Dreamer_Dreaming
Obsessed Roswellian

OCC: ok Ruby agree to temp for Michael for the time being, until we actully get a Permanent Michael. Now let's start this wonderful RPG BIC:

~Elizabeth~

Hi my name is Elizabeth Middleton, my family and friends call me Lizzie or Liz for short, but I prefer Lizzie. I live in the modern days, good old 1813. I live with my mother and father and of course my two sisters, Tess and Maria. My sisters are a lot different than me. Maria is the talent one, and Tess is the care free. They are a good mix for sisterhood; I am the complete opposite of them. I’m totally shy and barely talk to anyone, and if I do talk it is someone I know or to my sister Tess.

Tess and I are completely close; she is my best-friend. However, Maria and I are close as well but not as close as I am with Tess.

My sisters and I along with my mother and father are in a carriage, we are yet going to another ball that our mother is dragging us to. My mother likes these events, it gives her a chance to marry us all, but she hasn’t yet to success in that. Tess and I enjoy the ball because we love to dance. It is what us girls do best, we dance until we can no longer stand.

When I am dancing it is like I’m a whole different person. I haven’t yet found my night and shinning armor and perhaps, I’ll never will but at the moment I do not care. Perhaps, it is my fate to be an old wriggle lady that has 15 cats. I do not know my fate is in the hands of God and my dear mother and father.

I turn to look at Tess from my left and whisper in her ear, “I wonder how drunken mother will get at this ball” I giggle quietly to her. When she was looking my way I smile innocently to her, but when she turn away I giggle once more.
Last edited by Dreamer_Dreaming on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Okay, so the Middletons plus Alex are in their carriage on the way to the ball that Max and Izzie are hosting. They moved to the area a couple of weeks ago.

Nadine, this is actually meant to be set in 1816. Not the 1830s.

<center>TESS</center>

I fiddle with my skirts as I stare out of the carriage, my mother’s lecture still ringing strongly in my ears. Tonight I am to act as a lady should. I am to be soft and amiable. I shall not be showing my too nature. Mother made it quite clear that the whole purpose of this ball is to husband hunt and no man will ever marry a stubborn, outspoken girl of 20 with no money.

I am not looking forward to being paraded in front of every single man of means. I am not sure that I will be able to hold my tongue. Men are such silly creatures and utter bores. Oh and so condescending. There is no use in trying to have a interesting conversation with them. Their only reply is not to worry my pretty little head about such matters. Fools.

“I wonder how drunken mother will get at this ball”

I snort in amusement and my mother glares at me. Snorting is not something a lady does.

“Why, Liz. What an awful thing to say. Ladies never get foxed. Its not the thing to be done.” I smile at my sister. “Remember, we are not here to have fun. We are here to catch a husband. God blessed us with the bait, now all we have to do is hook on before it is too late. Heaven forbid that we wait until we find a man we can love and be happy with.”

“Tess Middleton, you spend too much time with your head in the clouds. Love, indeed. Where will love get you when your dear Papa dies and we are left without a roof over our heads and not a penny to rub together.”

I roll my eyes and smile in embarrassment at my cousin, Alex, who sits beside her. When Papa dies, Alex will own everything. I do not believe that he will turn us out of the house. He is not a cruel man, my cousin. In fact, I hold him rather dear to my heart. He is like the brother that I never had. I wish that he would visit more but understand why he doesn’t. I would not suffer my mother if I did not have to.

“Oh mother, how are we to charm men into marriage with such dark thoughts filling our heads. I find it quite impossible to smile and laugh gaily when Papa is so close to death’s door.”

“Have no fear, my dear.” My father says. “I have promised your mother that I will live to see at least one of my daughters married well and she has promised me that I will be able to die in peace after that.”

“You should both be ashamed of yourselves. Talking about our future so lightly.” Mama tuts in disgust.

"Oh but I am. Deeply." I say, biting back a smile. "Now, Mama, don't pout. I will remember all that you have said. I will be the perfect lady tonight. And sisters, have you taken Mama's word to heart?"
Last edited by ~Ruby~ on Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

Isabel Evans

When Maxwell suggested to me that we try life in the country, I was hesitant. Would it be a proper decision for not only him but for me at this point in our lives? We have earned tremendous relations in London, and I cannot remember a single afternoon that passed without visiting for tea at a prominent statesman's house, or receiving an invitation to a wonderful party. In London things were happening for us, fantastic things, and I cannot help but fear that Maxwell did not express enough caution when we moved here.

Firstly I don't think I like it here. It's much too hot in this English countryside and there are far too many trees to even appreciate any of it. Below the trees, unsurprisingly, the greenery stretches on indefinitely. There aren't many flowers but instead rolling hills that look more benign than cheerful. And I find our maid to be rather incompetent. I often have to be aware of anything she does, to monitor her. It's very unsettling.

I want to think of this place as a home, but it's hard to. Nothing's familiar yet and every part of my day has in some way been altered. Waking up I don't see the familiar cityscape. Instead I see the rolling hills, and I hear the song of the bird. And so far, I only love one part of the house. There's a wonderful hall on the first story that's almost akin to a ballroom. When I first saw it, I knew it was a special room: it's where magic can happen.

Maxwell wants to cheer me up by giving a party for our neighbors. He thinks if we made some friends here, we might adjust to this new life easier. Preparing for a party here is not the same as it were back home. I don't know who my guests are or who gets along with whom. Though I look forward to a dinner and a dance not riddled with gossip, I only hope not all of these local neighbors are a bore. I hope I can find someone interesting.
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

OCC: Hope this is ok.....let me know if I need to change anything!

Maxwell Evans

I love the English countryside. The peaceful hillsides, birds singing and slow paced days. It is even more breathtaking and peaceful that I could have imagined. I can see myself happy here. I was so tired of the hustle and bustle of life in London. Don’t get me wrong, the decision to move here was a tough one, mostly because of my sister Isabel, but for my own sense of worth, I felt it was a good decision.

I am the kind of gentleman that knows his place and status in life. I am part of London’s elite socialites. Along with that classification comes specific expectations. I just felt like I was overwhelmed with the obligations my up and coming lifestyle was causing. My friend Mr. Sebastian St. Vincent, seeing my frustration, offered me an opportunity to get away and I couldn’t pass it up.

Of course Isabel was not so pleased. She loved our growing status; daily invites to the most prominent families and lavish teas and parties. She has always been the social butterfly. She enjoys the attention our status brings her. She is terrified that we’ll be seen as outsiders. Sebastian keeps trying to convince her differently, but she’s still concerned. I am hoping that this party tonight will calm her fears.

I on the other hand would rather be by myself. I am not the most confident gentleman when it comes to these affairs. I have never been comfortable with watching the women throwing themselves at me. I am extremely shy when it comes to interacting with the opposite sex. With my status comes, as my sister would call them, fortune hunting Jezebels. There are so many women out there only looking for the guy to bring wealth and status to their families. I am terrified that I will never find a woman out there that will want me for the gentleman I am and not the money I have.

I am now walking through the house, checking on some of the final affairs before our guests arrive. I usually leave all the planning to Isabel. She is a perfectionist and its better just to stay clear of her when she is organizing our parties. I am looking for her to make sure she has everything before I head upstairs to finish getting ready. I head down the corridor towards the ballroom. I figure that she is frantically putting the finishing touches on the place settings there. I know she couldn’t wait to hold a party in our magnificent ballroom.

I truly hope that Isabel will enjoy herself this evening. She is the only family I have and is the only one on this earth that understands me. She is the most precious, lively person and someday she will make the perfect wife for a genuine, loving man. She is always telling me that I need to put myself out there more and not be so reserved. “After all we have the same genes, so how hard can it be.” She teased earlier. I smile slightly as I enter the ballroom; maybe I might try to let loose a little more tonight.
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
Dreamer_Dreaming
Obsessed Roswellian

~Elizabeth~

“Why, Liz. What an awful thing to say. Ladies never get foxed. Its not the thing to be done. Remember, we are not here to have fun. We are here to catch a husband. God blessed us with the bait, now all we have to do is hook on before it is too late. Heaven forbid that we wait until we find a man we can love and be happy with.” Tess said and I try to keep a straight face. Tess was never the kind of girl to hold her tongue. She is an out spoken girl and isn’t afraid to show it. She isn’t very lady like, like most girls our age. But this evening, she is doing momma and papa a favorite.

“Tess Middleton, you spend too much time with your head in the clouds. Love, indeed. Where will love get you when your dear Papa dies and we are left without a roof over our heads and not a penny to rub together.” My mother said to Tess.

It isn’t? If love doesn’t give you shelter then how would an individual like my sister or me find a match? How could anyone marry without love? It isn’t the respectful thing to do. Love should be in your hearts and not in our minds.

“Oh mother, how are we to charm men into marriage with such dark thoughts filling our heads. I find it quite impossible to smile and laugh gaily when Papa is so close to death’s door.” My sister defends her defense.

“Have no fear, my dear. I have promised your mother that I will live to see at least one of my daughters married well and she has promised me that I will be able to die in peace after that.” I smiled to myself. What I really want to do is laugh. How could anyone like my father promise anything like that? It is immoral. No one could keep a promise like that.

“You should both be ashamed of yourselves. Talking about our future so lightly.” My mother continues on.

“Oh but I am. Deeply.” Tess relates, "Now, Mama, don't pout. I will remember all that you have said. I will be the perfect lady tonight. And sisters, have you taken Mama's word to heart?”

“Oh yes, indeed” I said joining my sister Tess, “perfect as ladies can be Mamma.

"Yes, truly, and I have also.. I will be the perfect gentleman erm.. fish? So that I might be caught.” My mother doesn’t find his statement so pleasant. Poor Alexander, all he wants is to be part of our family.

I pat Alex’s hands gentle to indict that it isn’t worth dwelling on. My mother is a willful and boaster woman that won’t be convince on anything else, but her believes. I smile at him.

I start biting my nails, “Elizabeth!” I look up and saw my mother’s disapproving look. I couldn’t help it. I bite my nails whenever I am nervous. “Honestly Lizzie, how would a gentleman take a good look at you with nails like those?” she stated to me.

I look at her and at my sister Tess for help, I do not like to face her alone because I know in the end I will end up hurting her feelings, which I can’t bare my thought to do.
Last edited by Dreamer_Dreaming on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

<center>TESS</center>

“Honestly Lizzie, how would a gentleman take a good look at you with nails like those?”

I roll my eyes. Yes, because that’s is the first thing a gentleman looks at when he is considering a wife. Her finger nails. I glance down at my own perfectly shaped nails with a sigh. Oh, if only that was true. I could eat all the chocolate cake that I wanted and not have to worry about keeping my figure trim.

“Oh, Mama, you do say the strangest things. I doubt that fingernails are the highest priority when a man is searching for a wife. It would be the last thing I would look at if I was a man searching for a wife.”

“Yes, well, you are not a man, are you? Life would have been so much easier if you had been born a boy.” Mama sniffs. “And I am positive that I wouldn’t suffer from my nerves like I do if you had been a boy.”

I roll my eyes and open my mouth to say something but don’t when my father sends me one of his famous and rather rare stern looks. Obviously, my mother isn’t the only one who wants me to act like the perfect lady tonight.

I smile brightly at Liz before murmuring, “Lizzie, if a man will not marry you because of the state of your fingernails then he is not worth having, but if a man will marry you after meeting mama then he is someone you should never let go.”
Last edited by ~Ruby~ on Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamer_Dreaming
Obsessed Roswellian

~Elizabeth~

“Oh, Mama, you do say the strangest things. I doubt that fingernails are the highest priority when a man is searching for a wife. It would be the last thing I would look at if I was a man searching for a wife.” Tess comes to my defense.

“Yes, well, you are not a man, are you? Life would have been so much easier if you had been born a boy.” Mama sniffs. “And I am positive that I wouldn’t suffer from my nerves like I do if you had been a boy.” Oh mine, that was really harsh. It was like saying Tess was a mistake. I for one don’t think she is a mistake. If Tess was a boy, I don’t think any of us would ever been the same. I don’t think I would be the same, Tess is special to me, and I one think my mother owns my sister a apologetic.

Tess looks at me as smiles brightly and mumbles, “Lizzie, if a man will not marry because of the state of your fingernails then he is not worth having, but if a man will marry you after meeting mama then he is someone you should never let go.” I smiles sincerely to my sister. I took her hand and squeeze it. I mouth to her, “thank you.”

I don’t care what my mother thinks; Tess is much better a girl than a boy.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

<center>TESS</center>

Liz mouths thank you to me and I smile in response. Its no hardship to protect my sister from my Mama. Not that Mama means to be so cruel. She just does not know how to be subtle and sometimes she is so embarrassing. If I never marry it will be because of her or my lack of dowry or because all men, apart from my Papa and Alex, are fools.

“We are almost there,” I state to break the silence that has flooded the carriage. Silences make me uneasy especially when its my mother and Maria being quiet. When they are quiet, they are obviously plotting something. Something that will be embarrassing and the talk of the village for weeks. “I wonder what the Evans will be like.”

I look across at Alex and Papa. "You both visited them. What were they like other then insanely rich?"