Perfectly Tolerable[MATURE AU-CC] STARTING!

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Dreamer_Dreaming
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Dreamer_Dreaming »

~Elizabeth~

Tess and I were standing there talking to our dear cousin Alexander. He was nervous and so were I. Meeting people with more money than you, and having higher expectations is making me bite my bottom lips more. We should be use to these kinds of things but it is in our characters. I know it is in mine. Suddenly I feel something hovering over my back. I look to see it was my younger sister, Maria. She isn’t normal like this, so her hiding behind me makes me even more nervous than I should be. But to come to think of it, aren’t the Evans are just like us? Well momma doesn’t think so. She likes to category us, and I prefer not to, after all we all came from Adam and Eve. She does it with my sisters and me.

“I don't know quite what to do with myself during these things.” Alex states. I smile at him as my dear sister replies to him, “Nor do I” she laughs as she continue. “We should have stayed with mother and father to be received by our generous hosts. I believe that is how it is done in London”

It is? London seems very strange to me at the moment. But anything new to me is strange. However, I do love learning. “Perhaps we should rejoin mother and father for the moment. I do believe that they are about to be greeted by the Evans.” My sister Tess said.

Do I really want to be greeted by the Evans? I’m not sure at the moment, but I do not want to tack along either. I looked up at a very beautiful Isabelle. She looks so perfect and so beautiful. She has her hair in the right place, and her clothes fitted properly. Everything is perfect….And for Max Evans………..oh mine is that him?

I find myself staring at him. I know it is rude to stared, but I can not help it. He looks just as handsome as everyone said he was. His beautiful eyes were……making my heart beat faster and faster. I think I may die from the looks of him. I see his eyes has met mine and I only hope my shyness doesn’t get the best of me.
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

<center>Isabel</center>

The evening is shaping up to be quite interesting. The guests are arriving in clusters and they group themselves as such, scattered throughout the ballroom. I am tempted to wonder why they are so uncertain and perhaps, even, uncomfortable, when this could easily be anyone else's party. However the lowered eyes of our guests as my brother leads me over to one group first, doesn't escape my attention. They're just as curious and interested in us as we are in them. They're curious about these city bred newcomers, the single and most plural gentleman of London society Max Evans and his ward, his sister. Perhaps they want to know what London is like, and what our lives were like there, our comings and goings. I can sense their discomfort though, and that unnerves me even more than anything else.

I wish things were simpler, already. I know we're different, that we're newcomers to this small town, but I wish the pain of settling in and making all the little adjustments were long over. I don't want to do that anymore. I wish they knew that I want to be in their shoes just as much as they want to be in mine. I'd give anything to fit in as glibly and easily as they seem to.

My brother guides my arm gently but firmly over to three young ladies and a young gentleman rather quickly, and when I glance up at him, I see his eyes locked with one of the young ladies.

Well, under whatever circumstances that might take place tonight, I know I'll at least be entertained from time to time to see my brother deflect her attentions. The look on his face as well as hers does catch me off guard. I wonder if this is the start of something more amorous than anything from the past. If it is, and even if it's not, already the night looks a little more livelier, if not by the pure charm the atmosphere possesses.
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

TESS

There are moments when I believe that I can read my sister’s mind. Sometimes its almost as if we are the same person. Take now for instant, I can almost hear her heart thumping in my heart, the breath is nearly caught in my throat, I feel like I might be falling. But these aren’t my feelings as I stare up at the dark eyed stranger, who is obviously Mr. Evans. These are Liz’s. I know my sister so well. I know her better then I know myself.

I step forward, almost shielding my sister and her shyness from the elegant couple before us. Its time to live up to my famous Tess Middleton reputation of speaking out of turn and embarrassing my mother. Oh woe, I shall never be married. Spinsterhood with I come.

I thrust my hand out towards the couple. Its probably extremely impolite of me, but this is in the country and not London. “Mr. Evans, Miss. Evans. What a pleasure to meet you at last. I’ve heard so much about you already. I feel like we are already friends. I am Miss. Tess Middleton and these are my sisters and cousin.”

I smile slowly at the shocked faces. Oh, I do enjoy making a scene.
Crystalbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crystalbehr »

I'm posting!

<<Michael>>

"Ow, what the hell was that."

I'm startled from my Port induced sleep. The jostle is enough to make my already cracked head split open. Maybe it's because of my hangover but When l lok around in my vicinity, It's dark, it's enclosed, and it's...bumpy.

"Where the hell am I"

I ask to no one in particular since it's too dark to see my very hand that sits on my lap let alone another living soul that might be in this dark space with me. Panic immediately starts to take hold of me, I've been in dark bumpy places before, the only mystery is why I have a hangover this time. I instinctively reach for my sword and revolver, but they are not there, instead I feel something frilly and sheer and part of my coat.

"You're in a Carriage master Michael."

"Ahhh!"

I sit up and look around, the immediately regret the fast motion because the room begins spinning in circles.

"Ooh...bloody hell.... God...Is that you Smothers, you lousy spit, you scared me to death" I grouse

"Sir you seem to be on a war path to death anyway, how could I make that any different. This is your third night waking to an alcohol induced headache."

"What's your point Smothers, you lousy fat old buzzard. If I've offended your delicate sensibilities, my apologies. By the by," I try to sit up slowly this time but I'm jostled back down by another bump in the road.

"Why in bloody creation am I in a godforsaken bloody bumpy carriage wearing bloody frou frou on my sully surcoat?"

"Master Michael. My sensibilities are most sensitive and therefore, please watch your "sully" language. Besides, you are in the carriage on your way to the ball to be held by Max and Isabel Evans. You sir, have not been to a ball since you've been home. You drink and stink and frankly master, I'm sick of you. Therefore, I took the liberty of cleaning your drunken carcass up and placing you on your way to the ball in which you were invited. I must say I'm impressed, I thought for a moment that I would have to cast a pitcher of cold water on you in order to wake you and imagine my disappointment if I sullied your surcoat."

"O" I didn't process a word he said but he doesn't know that and he doesn’t have to.

"By the by Master, I know you didn't process a word I just said so I shall repeat. You are on..your..way...to...the...Evans.....BALL!!!"

"Shut the deuce up Smothers you annoying old crow." I growl as I reach for my blistered head.

"O, I forgot about your hangover Master, I'm so, so, dearly sorry."

"You'll be sorry when I grab you by your head and hang you ear first out of the carriage window. So the Evans ball is to be my destination. With what in mind pray tell."

"Marriage Master."

"Hah"

"Master, I'm serious."

"I'm never going to marry Smothers you know this."

"Master if I may be so bold as to say, change is a-coming"

"Why do you even call me master if you plan to disrespect me so thoroughly. I mean it's not as if you've ever respected me since my fledgling days"

"Because master it's proper."

“To disrespect me?”

“No, you imbecilic fool, to call you master.”

"Smothers stop the carriage. I'm in no mood to put up with your attitude. I'm in no mood to a-change. I'm in no mood to a-court, and I'm most certainly in no bloody mood to wear frilly silk material like a regular English flop."

"Master it's too late to tell me what you are in the mood to and not to do. We have arrived and as your butler, it's my job to announce you to the Evans, since you never took the time to respond to your invitation, your arrival will be somewhat impromptu. Excuse me sir. Oh and be sure to take a fig leaf to your teeth, your breath is foul. The leaf is in your left breast pocket."

With that thankful piece of information, Smothers leaves me in the carriage that has arrived at the Evans mansion. I must consider my options; I can hop out of the carriage, rob the nearest unsuspecting traveler for their cart and make my way home to nurse my head. Or I could go to a bloody party, pretend to have fun and be as social as is expected and die of absolute boredom. The latter option involves me not dealing with Smother later and he can be downright scary. I reach into my pocket and find a minty fig leaf.

"Well, I sure hope that bastard Maxwell has a brandy decanter."
I groan as a hop out of the carriage with the fig hanging out of my mouth and the frilly material of my surcoat blowing over my face."

"Goddamn hangover" I mumble
Later Days!
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Bump, where is everyone?
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

Stilll here :D
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

I understand, Ali! I hope that things start to calm down for you and good luck with all your classes. I'll miss you! Hope that we can catch up on MSN soon.

*hugs*
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

<center>Maria</center>

I bite my lip, hard, stifling back a giggle. My sister, Tess, has always been the one to take the first step and to make the move, so it's no wonder that she would do so now as well. She doesn't let a moment go by once Max Evans and Isabel Evans, our hosts, have started to make their way over to us. In fact, she doesn't even allow for them to make introductions first, she gets right to it. “Mr. Evans, Miss. Evans. What a pleasure to meet you at last. I’ve heard so much about you already. I feel like we are already friends. I am Miss. Tess Middleton and these are my sisters and cousin," she explains, but instead of gesturing towards us, she stays right where she is, two steps ahead of the rest of us, and what I'm sure must be a huge smile on her face.

I glance sideways at my sister Liz, and she doesn't seem to be stepping forward either, hesitating almost, but I do take note of the way her eyes are searching those of Mr. Evans before us. While Tess has momentarily stunned nearly everyone, I look at him curiously. Both he and his sister just have this air about them that gives no doubt as to what kind of background they've come from, and well, are from. I have to remember that although they've left London, London has certainly not left them. A momentary reaction of shock is all I can glimpse on their faces, before their amusement bows out. And not too far behind them, I can see the bustle of my Mother's skirts as she hastily makes her way over to us, not wanting to be shy on introductions either. She's almost pulling our father behind her, not letting him even slow down, and I just know this has the large potential to end in disaster.

My sister is overshadowing me now that she's stepped forward, and as conflicted as I am about tonight, I do want to make introductions before my Mother can make them for me.

"Thank you for inviting us to your party, you have a lovely home," I say sincerely. "I'm Miss Maria Middleton, the youngest of us three." Glancing sideways at Liz, I notice she's still looking at Max and in fact, has not looked away yet. I smile politely before demurely stepping back into the shadows.