All Bets Off - ADULT/CC *Thread 3!*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

All Bets Off - ADULT/CC *Thread 3!*

Post by littleroswell »

Under NO circumstances can anyone under the age of 17 read or participate in this RPG. NO ifs, ands, or buts.

Title: All Bets Off
Disclaimer: We own nothing to do with Roswell, its characters or its storylines. We just want to have some fun borrowing the characters for a while.

Category: CC AU with or without aliens, not sure yet
Rating: ADULT
Summary: Liz Parker is a happy-go-lucky rich girl who always gets what she wants. She’s beautiful, smart, flirty, has a great sense of humor, and isn’t afraid to go after what she wants. She also is blessed with a good heart and a handful of great friends, not to mention a good relationship with her father, a widower who is usually busy on business. There is only one major fault that can be found in her, she loves games. Normally this isn’t a fault and lord knows that her friends find her ways entertaining, but her playing these games has left her wondering if she is capable of finding true love and recognizing it when it comes along. She is constantly making fun wagers, usually for stakes a lot more fun than money, flirting with all the good looking guys, and playing practical jokes on people, though they are harmless, and she never turns down a dare. Her fun ways leave her friends and the guys she dates doubting her sincerity in matters of the heart.

When Liz is at a classy bar/club with her girlfriends (Maria, Tess, and Isabel), she makes one of her famous wagers that she can make any guy fall in love with her, to the point of wanting to marry her, within a month. She says it because one of her friends brings up that she’ll probably be the last of them to get married because she never takes anything seriously. Her conscious sort of pricks at her that she would make a bet that normally she would consider cruel but her girlfriends insist that guys would not take her seriously as anything other than a fun time and a couple of fun dates. She is so sure that she can win that she allows the girls to look around and pick any man in the club. She’s never met Isabel’s brother, who has been away at college and then medical school ever since she’s known Isabel. Therefore, when Isabel sees her brother in the club, she knows that he will be able to help her win the bet and chooses him as Liz’s prey.

Max Evans is a renowned surgeon (or some kind of doctor, I’ll let the player choose) who has no time for a real relationship. He’s rich and handsome and likes a good time but is usually pretty serious minded. His friends tease him that he is the only man they know that goes to clubs and bars avoiding relationships. Admitting that eventually, when his life calms down, he would like to have a real meaningful girlfriend, he is content for now to keep the serious females at bay and to enjoy the good times he has with the flirts. So when he and his friends (Kyle, Michael and Alex) are at a classy club and he gets approached by a beautiful brunette, he is quick to try to avoid her until Kyle sees who it is that he is talking about and assures Max that she is exactly his type and will never get serious about a relationship. He relaxes at this as he is attracted to the girl and she seems like fun.

The other characters, I’d like to leave who they are and what they do and their personalities up to the people who want to play them. I think it would be cool to have Michael and Maria seem to dislike each other and obviously argue a lot but they end up going out because of a lost bet or something. Just an idea. Also, I’d like to make this RP a little different in that it’s ok to throw in a couple of surprises if it’s something small that won’t make a big difference in the storyline. I’m not sure how to word this correctly. I guess, see the rules for RPG’s and see the example of not moving other characters without checking to make sure it’s in character. I hope you’ll get the idea of what I’m trying to say.

Couples: M/L, M/M, K/T, A/I

Characters:
Liz Parker – me (littleroswell)
Max Evans – madroswellfan
Isabel Evans – KarenEvans
Alex Whitman – Sternbetrachter/Trude
Tess Harding – alizaleven
Kyle Valenti – me/littleroswell
Maria DeLuca - FaithfulAngel24
Michael Guerrin - alizaleven

Others as needed.

Rules to play:
1. You must send me an audition (a sample post of the character you want to play) by PM or email.
2. You must be willing to post using a couple of paragraphs preferably per post. No one sentence posts please.
3. You will be expected to help us get to know your character when you are signed up to play them, beginning with a bio of them, you don’t have to include a picture but you can if you wish.
4. Please be around to post at least once a week. If something comes up, and RL usually throws something at us often, please don’t hesitate to let us know but if you know you’ll be in school and won’t be on for months at a time, please do not take the character away from someone else who wants to play. I will be lenient on this if you are a regular but if you are signed up to play and we don’t hear anything from you, either letting us know what’s happening or whatever, in a month’s time, your character will be recast.
5. I insist that we all have fun. LOL!

Hopefully, these rules are not too difficult to live with. I feel like they will simply make it more fun to play together.

EDITTED TO ADD:

Ok, madroswellfan sent me this PM:
Ive spoken to a few people about your roleplay and generally people like it, but they think they need more to go on regarding the couples storyline. Liz and Max is great, but it might be an idea to have a small part of there storylines explained just to create more interest.
So for that reason, I'm posting this to help the couples get together.

Michael/Maria: It is hate at first sight. The problem is that they are attracted to each other but neither wants to admit it first so they argue and pick at each other. Sometimes it sounds more like flirting, much to their dismay when they realize it. Further to their disgust, they often are paired together or opposite each other in the future at Liz's parties or during games.

Alex/Isabel: Seeming opposites, they are both romantics at heart and are the first of the couples to really admit to each other what they are looking for. They enjoy hanging out with the groups but have fun getting to know each other as well.

Tess/Kyle: Kyle knows of Liz's reputation and even went out with her a couple of times. He's a pretty big flirt too and is the one to seemingly match Liz closest, but they are only friends and he knows it. Unfortunately, Tess isn't so sure and rejects Kyle's advances at every turn, but never really tells him why. His pride and the hurt from Tess' rejections sometimes cause Kyle to do foolish things or to act like he doesn't care.
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

yeah, new thread! :D

uh, just posted on the old one but ... I'll post here too if that's okay :oops:

Alex

What's a fuddy-duddy? I wonder as Isabel drags, eh ... leasds me down the hall to what I assume is the guest bedroom. Yes, the guest bedroom, I can't help but wonder where her bedroom is and what it looks like ... hm... I guess I'll be thinking about that a bit before I fall asleep tonight.

I smile politely when Iz shows me the bathroom (should have known she has a spare tooth brush for visitors) and where her father's clothes are. I don't think I'll need them since I normally am just wearing boxers/briefs at night and luckily, I'm wearing mine again.

"I'll be in my room if you need anything else.Don't be shy."

Woah! There was certainly a sexual meaning behind that statement! Or was there? I'm pretty tired so who knows what my brain is coming up with.

I begin unbuttoning my shirt when I realize something. Quickly moving towards the closed door, I open it and peer outside left and right. Aha! Isabel's just about to enter her room which I assume is her bedroom. Oh God, her bedroom! If I were more like a jock, I'd insist in sleeping in it with her or do something more than sleeping but ... I ain't a jock. Damnit!

I grin slightly embarrassed when Isabel notices me and looks at me questiongly. "Well, just wanted to check where your room is in case I have questions or complaints."

Then I frown slightly, "Uh ... not to be pushy or anything but ... no goodnight kiss?"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~LIZ~

I grin at Max, unable and unwilling to stop what's happening between us. "Actually, I have the staff to clean up. They always get a nice bonus after my parties. As we speak, there are a line of cabs outside waiting to take those who cannot make it home themselves so I don't have to house strangers. Give me 10 minutes and the place will be empty."

Ok, so I know that sleeping with him is probably not the best way to go tonight but he's a seasoned player. I can't keep teasing and flirting and expect to keep him coming around. I just hope he's not the one night stand kind of player. Usually, I'm the type who keeps the fun going a few days and then drops the other person if things start to get too heavy or if it stops being fun.

~KYLE~

I grin at her stretch and say, "Great! I'll drive." Turning to Liz I hug her and say, "Thanks so much for the great time. It was a fun party." Quieter, I say into her ear, "Be careful with Evans, Liz. Don't leave another player heartbroken. He is my friend after all." I pull back and wink at her to let her know I'm kidding. She blushes a little and I'm surprised. She doesn't blush about her exploits...but she usually doesn't boast about them either.

Turning back to Tess, I hold my hand out to her as I pull my keys out of my pocket. "Shall we?"

~LIZ~

I blush at Kyle's words...one, because he knows that side of me too well and two, because I am planning on breaking his friend's heart. What kind of monster am I turning into? Now I feel a little guilty about all this again. Shaking myself mentally, I realize that Max is a grown man and a seasoned player. He won't do anything he doesn't want to do in the end. So if deep down inside he wants to stay the player, then I'll lose the bet and he'll be none the wiser.
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Isabel

I just about step in to ym room when out of the corner of my eye I notice Alex's head peering out of 'his' room so I take a step back,wondering what he needs,"Well, just wanted to check where your room is in case I have questions or complaints." I point in front of me and grin

"Uh ... not to be pushy or anything but ... no goodnight kiss?"
I laugh happily at his question,not moving from where I am standing,"Let's freshen up and change and then I'll see what I can do about a goodnight kiss.You can come in here once you're done changing." Having said I disappear in to my bedroom

My heart is thumping wildly even though I have nothing to be nervous about.It's not like we are going to do anything much tonight.We're both dead tired and well,it's too soon I think but still,Alex is in my house,staying the night in the room right down the corridor from mine.

After quickly brushing my teeth,washing my face and combing my hair I change in to my cream coloured silk shorty PJs after some though on what to wear.Rubbing some lotion in to my hands I sit on my bed and wait for Alex to appear.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Alex

"Let's freshen up and change and then I'll see what I can do about a goodnight kiss.You can come in here once you're done changing."

Isabel replies before disappearing with a laugh inside her room. Her bedroom. The room which she just invited me to enter after I've changed. Damn but do I feel like a nervous virgin again!

Moving quickly into the guest bedroom, I head towards the bathroom, intent on properbly brushing my teeth and hoping to calm down while I do that. After three minutes, filled with various thoughts about to act later on and some yawning, I step out into the hall.

I haven't changed since I intent to sleep in just my boxers, not wanting Isabel to have to wash her father's clothes on top of letting me stay here and ... honestly ... wearing her father's clothes would make me start to wonder what he'd think if he knew I was staying at his daughter's place and ... I so don't want to go there!

Reaching Isabel's door, I take a deep breath before knocking gently on it. I know she invited me in but ... I wouldn't want to interrupt her changing and ... I really shouldn't think about Isabel being in her bedroom, stripping her clothes off!
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Isabel

I hear the knock outside my door and I check my appearance in the mirror again,out of habit more than anything else.Sitting back against the pillows,and crossing one ankle over the other,I try and take a few calming breaths before smiling and calling out,"Come in Alex."
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Alex

"Come in Alex."

Oh man, this is it. I'm about to enter Isabel Evans bedroom. Who would have thought? And I so need to relax and stop acting like a high school boy. Nothing is going to happen aside from a good night kiss so ... relax!

"Hey, I hope you weren't asleep yet." I say as I slowly open the door and then I spot her sitting on her bed. What a sight for tired eyes!

I knew she was wearing sleepwear but seeing Iz in pj's is something totally different to thinking she is them, you know? I probably look like complete and utter fool, standing in the doorway, just staring at her. But honestly, I don't care. Okay, I care a bit, not wanting to appear like a fool but I can't help staring. She's just so beautiful and for some reason, she likes me. Wow.

"Wow." I say outloud, still slightly dazed. "You look ... stunning."
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Isabel

Alex enters and just stands there,not moving but staring at me until I begin to wonder whether I have something on my face that shouldn't be there."Wow." I raise one eyebrow at him unsure about what's going through his head

"You look ... stunning."
I start chuckling and pat the mattress,"Alex,I'm in my night suit,I can hardly look stunning bu thanks just the same." I tell him with an amused grin "And why aren't you changed for bed?Were the boxers too big for you?"
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Alex

"Alex,I'm in my night suit,I can hardly look stunning bu thanks just the same."

Isabel tells me with a grin. Guess I'm either really looking like a fool or just not good at making compliments. When she pats the mattress, I hesistantly move forward. God, does she expect me to sit on the same bed with her? Oh lord, I hope I won't fall asleep when I sit down.

"And why aren't you changed for bed?Were the boxers too big for you?"

"Uh well you see..." I start, feeling my face heating up slightly in embarrassement. That was the good thing about the longer hair - it was harder to spot my red ears.

"Well, I ... normally only sleep in boxers or briefs and luckily I'm wearing mine again so I won't really need your father's clothes."

Damn, never mentiong the woman's father when you are sitting on her bed, even if I had wanted to try something now that I mentioned Mr. Evans, I would never dare doing that anymore. And I haven't even met her father yet!

"And even though you don't believe it, you *do* look stunning, Iz!"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Isabel

"Well, I ... normally only sleep in boxers or briefs and luckily I'm wearing mine again so I won't really need your father's clothes." he says with a kind of embarrased look

Is that a blush?

"Well are you going to change at all or are you shy or something?" I ask enjoying teasing him "I have seen men in their underwear before so you don't have to worry about making me feel uncomfortable...and if I remember correctly I saw you in yours only last week."

"And even though you don't believe it, you *do* look stunning, Iz!"

"Thanks." It's my turn to blush now and I look away for a moment and run my tongue over my lower lip trying to calm down before looking at him again "I don't bite Alex so you don't have to sit at the edge of the bed.Come sit closer."