Happenstance (Teen,AU,CC) *Starting*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

loviedovie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by loviedovie »

~Isabel~

"Drive safely ok, I'll be waiting for you."

"Alright." I replied, knowing that the last thing she needs now is two of her kids in the hospital. I had to remain calm and logical because my family will rely on me for support.

As soon as we said our goodbyes I hung the phone up and headed towards Sophie’s desk in the other room.

“Sophie, could you please page Abby here?” I asked her quickly, anxious to leave.

She nodded and picked up her phone, typing in the appropriate code to put her voice on the intercom. “Abby to customer service. Abby to customer service.”

“Thanks” I told her as soon as she hung her phone up. “Sure.” She replied. “Is everything alright?”

“Actually my brother is in the hospital.”

She gasped. “Oh I’m sorry! Which one…?”

I frowned, wondering why she wanted to know such a thing. Then it hit me that every single employee had stopped to ogle Max and Michael that one time they came to take me out to lunch.

“It’s Michael.” I replied hastily. “Listen, I need you to hold my calls for today. I’ll finish taking care of things tomorrow.”

She nodded. “Okay, I hope Michael’s alright.”

“Thanks.” I replied before heading out into the nearby customer service wing of the store.

“Isabel.” My boss Abby said, heading towards me with a frown on her face. “Is everything alright?”

“Well I need to leave for the day, my brother he-he” I suddenly found myself having trouble forming words. “He’s in the hospital.” I finally choked out.

Her eyes widened. “Oh I’m sorry! Of course, you should go. I’ll take care of everything dear, just go and be with you’re family.”

I nodded, grateful that I had such an understanding boss. “Thanks Abby.”

I rushed out of the store to my silver car and quickly made my way out of the parking lot and towards my parent’s house.
~ Cayla :)

littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

Occ: Sorry, guys, I'm having a hectic schedule over the next couple of days so I might not be able to post as quickly as I usually do. It might even be Monday before I can post again. I'll try not to let it be so long but...eh that's RL.

~PHILLIP~

My cell phone rings just as I pull into the parking lot and get my parking ticket to stick in the windshield. Putting the phone to my ear with one hand and driving around the parking deck with the other, I say, "Hello?"
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

Occ: Just a note that I'm posting on all of the RPG's that I'm participating in. My life has gotten a little busy lately and I'm not going to be able to post as often as I have been. This doesn't mean I won't be around, it just means that I will probably only be able to post once a day on average per RP. On my days off of work, I might be ablet to post more but I can't guarantee that. Once in a while, it might even be only a post every other day but more likely once a day. I'm sorry if this is inconvenient or disappointing. I'm one of those rare birds that were posting two and three times everyday per RP and I just don't have that kind of time anymore, especially for all the RPG's I'm in. Thanks for your understanding!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Dad answers the phone and I relax just a notch. I don't know why I was tense about that.

"Dad, it's Max. I just talked to Mom. Are you at the hospital yet? Do you know what happened?" I ask. I realize it's all a jumble but I hope he understands. I don't know anything yet and I need any information available.
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~PHILLIP~

I pull into a parking space and tell Max into the phone, "I'm just getting here now, Max. I don't really know much. The person who called didn't know a lot. I would really appreciate you being here as soon as you can. I can speak lawyer but medicine is a little different. I can't stand it when those doctors lose me in that medical mumbo jumbo."

Walking into the hospital as quickly as I can, I go in through the emergency department and walk up to the reception desk. "Max, I'm here and at the desk, I'll call you as soon as I know more or I'll keep on the look out for you." I hang up and smile briefly at the woman behind the desk. She looks like an old sourpuss. "Excuse me, ma'am, but I got a call about my son. His name is Michael Evans," I say in my polite lawyer tone.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Dad doesn't know anything yet. Well, I'm sure he'll call when he does. I have to smile when he talks about being able to speak "lawyer" but not medicine.

"I'll be there to translate for you as soon as I can," I promise him. A moment later he's at the desk and he's hanging up without a good-bye. I don't mind that. I know he's focused on other things. So am I.

I look through my notes on my last few patients. I hate to rush them, but I don't want to make everyone wait until Kimberly can squeeze them in or until Aaron gets here in an hour. It's too late to ask him to come in early. He's probably already on route.

I stop and talk to the shift manager. "I've just got a call. I have a family emergency and I have to go early. I'll handle Mrs. Trimbal in room C and Mr. Haas in Room A, but I need Dr. Rothal to handle the others so I can leave." I sure hope Kimberly won't mind.

The manager looks at me and I can tell she wants to ask what my 'emergency' is but I really don't think it's her business and I'm not volunteering details. Especially since I don't even have that much information myself yet.

"Alright, Dr. Evans," she says, making a note to shift those two patients.

I go in to see Mrs. Trimbal. She's having some severe nausea and flu-symptoms. After discussing her allergies, I give her a shot of antibotics and a prescription. "Try to get some rest. It won't help you at all if your kids get sick, too," I say, soothingly. She smiles and takes the papers I give her.

I leave and then go handle Mr. Haas in a similiar manner. I try not to hurry him. It's important to let the patient know that you're giving them your full attention. Trouble is, my thoughts keep going to Michael. I'm sure that he is being well cared-for but I wish I knew what happened and how badly hurt he really is. At last, I have Mr. Haas sorted and I leave the room.

littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

Occ: Should I wait until the others get there before posting for Phillip again and him finding out about Michael or go ahead and post?
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~PHILLIP~

I frown and swallow hard as I am lead into a room where Michael is laying on a bed. He's in a hospital gown and hooked up to all kinds of monitors. His head is all bandaged up as well as his left arm being in a cast and sling. One of the staff led me in here. I turn to her and ask, "What the hell happened to him? Is he going to be ok?"

To my aggravation she smiles sympathetically and says, "I'm sorry, sir, I really don't know. The doctor has been notified that you're here and will come and talk to you in a few minutes." She leaves then, probably afraid I'll bite her head off, which I feel like doing. Why can't I get a straight answer about my son's condition?

Walking over to the bed, I sit in the chair beside it and take his good hand in mine. "Hey, slugger, you awake?" I ask, using the old nickname I gave him. He doesn't stir and my frown returns. "Michael, it's your father. Can you hear me?" Again he doesn't open his eyes or show any indication that he hears me or even knows I'm here. The only reason I don't go into an outright panic is the fact that I can see that he's breathing and that heart monitor thing is beeping at a steady pace...in a good rhythm.

Where the hell is that doctor?!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I hurry down to admissions, looking for my father. I don't see him and I feel a frown starting across my face. I hope he's with Michael. Maybe he knows more about going on. He promised he'd call me but maybe there hasn't been time. I don't see my mom or Isabel either. They may be still on their way or they might be with Michael already.

I step up to the desk and smile at Jennifer. "Hello. My brother is a new patient here. Michael Evans. Can you tell me what room he's in?" I don't even bother to ask what happened. Jennifer probably wouldn't know unless it was something extremely dramatic so I'm hoping she won't remember Michael.

Jennifer gives me a frown and starts looking through her files. "Hmm. Someone's with him already."

"That's our father," I explain quickly. "What room?"

She looks up at me, and relucantly tells me where to find my brother. I hurry to the elevators and head upstairs.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I hop out of the elevator and head down the hall to Michael's room. I can't help but notice a girl loitering in the hallway. She looks a bit out of place although I have to admit she is pretty. Still, that's not my concern at the moment.

I hurry in to the room and see that Dad is there, holding Michael's hand. Michael's eyes are closed.

"Dad," I say, feeling glad just to see him. "How's Michael? Did they tell you what happened?"

Even as I ask, I'm answering my own question by checking the readouts on the monitors around him. The fact that he's being monitored indicates it's serious, but he's not in ICU, so that's a good thing. His arm is obviously broken and he seems to have a head injury. From the EEG, I can see he's still unconcious but his other vitals seem good.