Happenstance (Teen,AU,CC) *Starting*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I'm trying to figure out the seriousness of the injury from the x-rays, but these images won't really tell me that. I need to wait and see, just like everyone-else. Then Dad asks about the accident. That's a good question. One I'm definately not going to find on the chart.

Dr. Melrose mentions an accident and falling under a bus. How fast was the bus going, I wonder. I glance at Michael, worrying. Then Dr. Melrose mentions the coma again and I see my mother going white.

"It might not be bad, Mom," I tell her quickly. "A short coma can be a natural way for the body to heal." Of course, the important part of that is SHORT coma. We won't know if this is something short-term or not until it happens.

Dad quickly changes the subject, asking again about the accident and who brought Michael in.

"I wasn't here when he came in," Dr. Melrose says. "But there was a young lady with him. That one out in the hall." Dr. Melrose gestures to the girl with the long brown hair that I'd noticed before. "I think she was his wife... or fiance? Girlfriend?" He shrugs. "I'm sure you know better than I do."

I stare out the doorway at the girl. Michael's girlfriend? It's been ages since he talked to me about his lovelife. I know nothing about his latest romatic interest.

I'm about to ask if she's been told what we know, before remembering that Dr. Melrose already said that he'd only just recieved the results from the MRI. "I guess we should ask her to come in..." I say, looking at my Mom for confirmation.
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~PHILLIP~

I look in surprise outside at that little slip of a girl and my eyebrows go up. That petite girl saved Michael's life? The doctor said something about her being Michael's girlfriend. I sigh. I really don't know anything about my son anymore. I thought he was into blondes. "She should definitely come in here. If she saved Michael's life then she's as good as family," I tell the doctor and everyone else as well.
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- Max is still wearing his lab-coat so it might not be obvious that he's family.

*Max*

Mom and Dad both agree that the strange girl should be part of this conversation if she's that close to Michael -- but neither one of them make a move to do anything about it. Somehow, I thought it would be Mom, but I guess I can go.

"Okay, then," I say, hoping that Dr. Melrose won't say anything-else to upset my parents and Isabel while I'm gone. Now I know what the other doctors meant when they said his bedside manner was somewhat less than ideal, although truthfully, I've seen a lot worse. Still, this is my brother. My family.

I step outside the room and I see the girl there. She looks scared and uncertain. She's dressed in some sort of work clothes, a service uniform of some sort. Still, she's so amazingly beautiful that I'm immediately jealous of my brother. I wonder how she and Michael met.

"Hello?" I ask. "I understand that you helped Michael. You're his fiance?" I ask, hoping that she doesn't say she's his wife. I would hate to have missed the wedding.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*bump*
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

She looks up at me with the most gorgeous brown eyes. It's hard not to get lost in them. I can easily see what must have attracted Michael to this girl and I feel a pang of jealousy.

"Umm, well I helped him, but I'm not. I mean, well its..." she says, stumbling over her words.

Not what? Not married? That's good. Not family? I don't think so.

I extend my hand to her. "Why don't you come in? Everyone wants to meet you. I'm Max, by the way. Michael's brother. What's your name?"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"Liz. I'm so glad to meet you, too." I answer her. It's such a pretty name. I want to tell her that but it doesn't seem right. She's with my brother. She probably saved his life.

I open the door and we go inside to where the rest of the family is waiting. Dr. Melrose takes this opportunity and leaves. "We'll talk more later, if you like," he promises, giving me another nod.

"Thank you," I tell him as he leaves. He saved Michael, too.

Then I turn to my family. "This is Liz. Liz, this is my mom and dad and that's Isabel. She's my sister. Michael's sister." I feel so awkward. I wish Michael was awake to do the introductions. I know almost nothing of his life lately. I can hardly believe he kept a girl like Liz secret.
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~PHILLIP~

I just smile down at my wife and then study the young woman that Max has brought in. She's not the type I would have pegged for Michael. Oh she looks sweet and she's definitely cute but the girls Michael always brought home were blondes and usually really fiery...at least those were the type he used to bring home, when he came home. Max looks a little uncomfortable and so does Liz. I put on a warm smile and come around the bed, my hand outstretched. "It's so nice to meet you, Liz," I tell her when she places her hand in mine. "I'm sorry we didn't know about you but Michael has been a little distant from us lately..." I don't get to finish before someone elbows me and moves between Liz and me.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I'm almost jealous as Mom goes to hug Liz. Girls get to get away with that. Hugging other girls that they've just met. Liz seems pretty emotional about it all, too. It can't have been easy to see her fiance hurt in front of her eyes.

'He'll wake up soon,' Mom says. She's probably right, but we won't know until we know. Still, we have to think positively. It's the only way to get through this.

I want to say something-else to Liz. I want to know more about her, but I don't know how to ask. she's my brother's finacee but I don't know her at all.

"Can you tell us what happened?" I ask. "How did Michael get hurt?"
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~PHILLIP~

I frown a little at her story. Maybe it's just the lawyer in me but something doesn't make sense. "You saw him fall and had to run to help him?" I ask. Shaking my head, I try to picture the scene. "How far away from him were you that you had to run to help him?" I don't sound unkind but I realize that I do sound a little cold. Giving her a wry smile, I apologize. "I'm sorry if I sound a bit abrupt. I'm just trying to figure out just what happened to my son."
loviedovie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by loviedovie »

~Isabel~

"Dear, she's been through enough don't you think? We need to welcome her to the family not scare her away."

I couldn’t help but smile softly when I saw the glare my mother threw my father. “You’re absolutely right.” I interjected, smiling towards Liz.

“Liz, I am so thankful that you were there for Michael when-when he needed help.” I told her, choking a bit on my words. “It really means a lot to us.” I added, knowing that the rest of my family felt the same way.
~ Cayla :)