Three's a party (UC/CC/AU ADULT) Thread 2 *Check in please*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

*Maria*

Michael lets out a deep breath and looks more then a little frustrated. I watch as he sits back in the seat and moves his hands up my waist to reposition me so that we are both more comfortable. I’ve upset him. Damn.

"About what?" He asks his voice rough and agitated. Biting my lip nervously I begin, “I’m sorry. I really am it’s just…” I trail off wondering how to word this. “I don’t want this to be like all the others.” Okay, that didn’t sound right. “Look, I have never felt guilty for how I’ve lived my life until now. You…Your different. Special. I don’t want this to be just another fling.” I pause hoping this doesn’t sound too corny.

“I care about you ,Michael. I’ve never said that to a guy before. I want this to mean something.” Wow, I sound so girlie. Two days ago I would have cringed if I heard a chick say those words. “Say something.” I am completely humiliated. I would like to curl up in a corner now.
:D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Zan*

I sit down and wait, watching the door to the back without trying to look like I'm watching the door. A moment later, Liz comes out, casually telling Kyle that she's back.

I look at Kyle's face, wondering what he knows. Alex already knew something -- he spilled the beans to Max. And Kyle seems to suspect something. Does everyone know? Glancing around, I have to hope not. It's not that I'm ashamed or anything. I'd love to announce it across the world. I'm just not looking forward to exaggerated tales making their way back to Max and him doing something-else stupid. Hell, I sleep in the same room as that lunatic.

I see Liz watching me as I eat. I wonder how long I can continue to linger here over an extra order of fries, another drink, whatever... It's not like Max and I haven't done that before but now it just feels different...

Last edited by isabelle on Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

“I’m sorry. I really am it’s just…" Maria trails off, biting her lip nervously. This doesn't sound like good news. “I don’t want this to be like all the others.” Others. Okay, so I'm not that great with ettiquette of dates, but you definitely don't bring up exes. That much I'm sure. Holding back a sigh, I listen to what else she has to say, so that I don't make a mistake and say something I'll regret.

“Look, I have never felt guilty for how I’ve lived my life until now. You…Your different. Special. I don’t want this to be just another fling.” She thinks I'm different? I don't know if I should be insulted or flattered. I'm going to go with flattered.

“I care about you, Michael. I’ve never said that to a guy before. I want this to mean something." She pauses, and I try to think of a response, spurred on by her "Say something.” Okay, now I'm flattered.

So maybe she does feel the same way about me that I do her. She's just much better at hiding it. Of course, this could all be in the heat of the moment...well, moment past.

"I care about you too Maria." I say to start, smiling as I rub my hands down to her waist in a comforting sort of move.

"And I agree. This, whatever this is...should mean something. So what exactly is 'this'?" I stare at her questioningly. I don't want to say anything too cynical or anything, but I really want to know what this is. So she doesn't want it to be a fling. Does that mean she wants it to be non-existant? Or does she want it to be a relationship?
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

There are a very few defining moments in your life where you can look back and pinpoint exactly where it all changed. This just happens to be one of those instances for me. I didn’t realize how much Michael truly meant to me until I realized there was a very good chance that my feelings wouldn’t be reciprocated. I’ve never put myself out there before. My past relationships (If you could call them that) were all fun and games with nothing real to sustain it. I never comprehended the risk that goes along with offering your heart to another.

So how do I approach a topic I know absolutely nothing about? Well to be honest I’ve never been the type of girl to half way do anything. It’s either hit it with all I’ve got or simply leave it alone. My instincts tell me that I can trust Michael. I desperately yearn to believe that he would never do anything to hurt me. Still there’s that lingering doubt in the back of my mind that chastises me for falling so hard and so easily.

Life ,like most things, is a gamble. I’ve never been particularly good at bluffing so I am just going to show my hand and hope that it’s enough. That I’m enough. "I care about you too Maria." Michael begins while rubbing his strong masculine hands along the curve of my waist. That simple touch brings me a sense of peace I would have never thought possible at such an intense and dramatic moment.

I watch fascinated by the way he licks his lips when he’s nervous. It’s such a tiny detail to express the kind of man he is. Yet it is not insignificant in the least. Just knowing that we can spend time examining each others quirks excites me to no end. "And I agree. This, whatever this is...should mean something. So what exactly is 'this'?" His perplexed expression makes me want to smile. Does he want a definition? I’ve never been good with terminology.

I pause for a moment wanting to gather my thoughts. It takes me almost a whole minute to work up the courage to speak up. “Uh… I really don’t know how to be a girlfriend but if your willing to let me take a crack at it I can assure you I am a fast learner.” I stammer fearful that I am being far to forward. “I mean if your not comfortable with that I totally understand. I just wanted to throw that out there so you know that I’m serious about this.” I don’t think I have ever took anything serious in my whole life ,but this is important.
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

Maria pauses for what seems like the longest minute I've ever experienced, before she stammers on with her explanation of 'this.' “Uh… I really don’t know how to be a girlfriend but if your willing to let me take a crack at it I can assure you I am a fast learner. I mean if your not comfortable with that I totally understand. I just wanted to throw that out there so you know that I’m serious about this.”

Okay, so I was half right. She doesn't want it to be non-existant, she wants it to be a relationship. Is this the real Maria or has someone taken over her body...

Smiling, I look back at her, a little less frustrated than before. "I believe you're serious," I say quietly, grinning again. "So yeah, I'm willing to give it a try. I'd say from the previous events, that we're both pretty comfortable..." I trail off, winking.

"But seriously. You've never seemed like the relationship type...not that that's a bad thing. You just....you've changed."
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

I know it‘s all going to be okay when Michael flashes me one of those captivating grins of his. I let out the breath I‘d be holding as he answers. "I believe you're serious," His tone is wistful almost playful. He‘s really enjoying this. "So yeah, I'm willing to give it a try. I'd say from the previous events, that we're both pretty comfortable..." He refers to the happenings of our paradise by the dashboard lights scenario.

I actually can’t help but mirror his cheerful disposition with a warm smile of my own. "But seriously. You've never seemed like the relationship type...not that that's a bad thing. You just....you've changed." He wants to know why. Well, I’ve been upfront so far. Might as well go all the way.

“That’s because I wasn’t the relationship type. I didn’t want to have to deal with the same guy for more then a few days in a row. It seemed tedious to me. I thought ‘Why waste my time on one dude when there are ten more just waiting to take his place?’” I am a tad ashamed to admit that.

“No man could really hold my attention for any significant period of time. I grew restless and would send them spinning as soon as I got what I wanted from the experience. Which was usually fine since the guy wasn’t in it for anything meaningful either Still…”

Not sure how to put this I choose my words very carefully. “I don’t want to be that girl with you.” Swallowing harshly I look away for fear that there will be judgment within his extraordinary brown eyes.

“You deserve better.” Hesitatingly I turn to read his expression. “Does this change your entire view of me?”
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

“That’s because I wasn’t the relationship type. I didn’t want to have to deal with the same guy for more then a few days in a row. It seemed tedious to me. I thought ‘Why waste my time on one dude when there are ten more just waiting to take his place?’” Maria says, and I try to wrap my mind around it, unsure how someone could feel that way. Though I do know a lot of guys who come close...

No man could really hold my attention for any significant period of time. I grew restless and would send them spinning as soon as I got what I wanted from the experience. Which was usually fine since the guy wasn’t in it for anything meaningful either Still…” she pauses, and I wait to hear what she's going to say next.

“I don’t want to be that girl with you. You deserve better. Does this change your entire view of me?” I look at her with wide eyes. She's baring her soul to me, and we've been really talking for only two days. Well, you can't count what we've been doing as talking I suppose, but never mind.

"Yes, but not in a bad way. I like that you're honest," I tell her quietly, smiling. "Most girls wouldn't be. And I'm flattered that you think I deserve better. Even though I don't agree." I mean, Rath's been the guy in the family who got girls, it was never me. If girls would change for anyone of the Guerin family, usually he was the lucky one.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

"Yes, but not in a bad way. I like that you're honest," He reveals with that gentle quiet smile. The one that literally takes my breath away. How can he be so understanding. Most guys would hear that and run screaming. I guess that just proves to me that Michael isn‘t like most guys.

"Most girls wouldn't be. And I'm flattered that you think I deserve better. Even though I don't agree." He’s so sweet. I find that he never ceases to amaze me. Well, now that I got that off my chest we can finally move forward. A really annoying song starts playing on the radio. My biggest pet peeve in the world is a poorly written tune. Music is one thing you should never abuse.

When I lean forward to turn the dial I notice the time on the digital clock. “I hate to have to say this but I ought to be getting home. Mom and Dad will be coming home tomorrow and I still have quite a bit to get done to prepare for their arrival.” I flash him a warm affectionate smile. “I’m glad we talked about this. I want us to always be able to be open with one another.” I admit happily. :D
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Zan*

As I finish up my meal, I wipe my fingers on the napkin. I concider ordering another soda so I can hang out here for a while longer. It's something I do a lot and it seems that even Kyle has noticed.

As Liz goes by, I reach out and touch her arm hoping she'll have a moment to stop. "Hey Liz, I forgot something."

When she stops, I get to my feet, suddenly at a loss for words. I should have asked before when we were alone. "Um. We're going to be throwing a big birthday party on Friday for me and Max and Rath and Michael." I give her a shaky smile. Why am I so afraid? I just really need her to say yes to this. I dry my palm on my thigh.

"Would you come? And be my date?" I ask.
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

Maria smiles, but then a moment later, when the song changes - I had forgotten the music was even on, go figure - she leans forward to fiddle with the dial and notices the time. Oh boy. A little past curfew are we? Thank god no one's home but Rath, if he isn't out somewhere too.

“I hate to have to say this but I ought to be getting home. Mom and Dad will be coming home tomorrow and I still have quite a bit to get done to prepare for their arrival. I’m glad we talked about this. I want us to always be able to be open with one another.” Maria says with a huge, warm smile, and I grin, closing the windows as I start the car.

The movie must have ended recently, because there are only a few cars left, and some of them look empty. "Yeah, I should be getting home too. And I agree. This was a good conversation," I tell her, driving out of the drive-in and in the direction of her home.

We finally get back to the Crashdown, and I stop the car, waiting, I don't know, to see if she has anything else to say. "Maybe I'll stop by the Crash tomorrow."