Roswell Next Generation (Thread 2) (ADULT/UC/CC)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

This is soooo short, sorry! I just don't have too much to go on, since I'm just moving him outside.

<center> Oliver </center>

I nodded slowly. Of course I would go after Amy. Answers weren't as important as she was. But I still cast one more longing look around the room before I walked out the door. I wound around the outside of the Crashdown, wondering where she had gone. When I didn't immediately spot her, I panicked a bit, thinking that Roswell still had its share of weirdoes. Right before I totally freaked out, I noticed a small, hunched form leaning against the wall in the alleyway beside the Crashdown. She looked sad and alone and so tiny, and I thought I saw her shoulders shaking. I felt my heart reach out to her, and I wanted to comfort her and tell her I'd make everything ok. But of course, I couldn't make that promise.

"Amy," I said, trying to get her attention. "Come back inside. Let your father explain."
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~AMY~~~~~
I sob, my tears falling down my cheeks and on to my top. I'm cold without my jacket, but I don't care. I'm not Amy anymore...Im som sort of...of monster. And my parents never told me. Never trusted me enough to tell me.

"Amy, Come back inside. Let your father explain."

Its Oliver. I can tell that voice anywhere. I don't look up. "No. Go back inside Oliver...you go and find out the truth. But I can't. If he didn't want to tell me before I don't want to know now. I want to be normal. I don't give a damn what he wants to say. As far as Im concerned Im just Amy. And I don't want to know anything about them. They didn't tell me who I was...why would I want to know who they are?" I state.

I take in a shuddering breath. "Go inside. Theres nothing you can say that will change my mind. Just....just leave me alone"

I force myself to get off the ground and start to walk away, towards home.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

She turned to look at me and I was shocked to see her tear streaked face. She looked more upset than I'd ever seen her, and I'd known her for a very long time. I stepped forward and reached for her, but she backed away.

"No. Go back inside Oliver...you go and find out the truth. But I can't. If he didn't want to tell me before I don't want to know now. I want to be normal. I don't give a damn what he wants to say. As far as I’m concerned I’m just Amy. And I don't want to know anything about them. They didn't tell me who I was.... Why would I want to know who they are?"

I shook my head; I couldn't be angry at her words, because I knew she was upset and scared. "When I left, he was saying something about Alien Hunters. And that they'd caught him. Your father." I gave her a significant look. "Maybe he just wanted to protect you; it sounds like they didn't have it easy. And you do know him, just like you know your mother and your sister. If you're going to be angry, don't you think it's fair that you at least know everything first?"

I didn't know why I was defending the adults. I was just as pissed that they hadn't told us. But... I couldn't help but remember the look on Max's face when his daughter turned away from him. It was clear that he never meant to hurt her, and that her withdrawal crushed him.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

<center> Liz </center>
"I know." Max replied quietly, and I kept my hand on his shoulder to give him my support.

"I know that it's hard for you to understand or take in what's being said. All of your parents thought it would be safer for you because we didn't think you'd have to go through life being different. Max, Michael, Tess and I wanted to safe you the troubles. Kyle... well, we didn't think he'd pass it on because he was completely human," Isabel said, trying to explain at least somewhat.

"We should have figured that when he was changed, it meant that others could be too. We didn't want you to spend life fearing the FBI, looking over your shoulders..." Maria broke in, tears filling her eyes. "I'm sorry... so sorry..."

Isabel and Maria both started to cry, and their husbands quickly surrounded them to give comfort. I tried to turn my attention back to the kids, rather than my sobbing friends.

"Mother, you all felt like you were just in what you did... but it wasn't fair to make the decisions for us." Sabrina said. "It doesn't stop me from loving you, mom. I still love all of you."

"Bre is right." Erick broke in. "You made decisions for us. You kept information that is very important from us, information about who we really are. I'm pissed, hurt, and confused, but you are my family I love you."

I had to glance away at that; I knew my own children weren't reacting half as well. It was awful, but a tiny part of me needed that reassurance, as well, but I didn't think my girls were going to give it. But it didn't matter; I had to think of the children first and myself second, like any good mother.

"I want you all to understand why we did what we did. Why we thought we could protect you. Why we thought it best you live as much of a normal life as possible." Max spoke up, his voice slightly hoarse. I leaned into him as he spoke, knowing his next words would be hard to both hear and say.

"Are you alright Erik?" He asked suddenly, and I wondered if he was stalling

"I will be." Eric replied, and Max nodded and resumed his speech.

"Isabel, Michael, Tess and I grew up in fear. We feared what would happen to us if anyone ever discovered what we were. I personally experienced this horror right before the summer of our junior year. The government had agents that belonged to a Special Unit. They were alien hunters ...and they found me."

There was a long, tense silence that followed these words, as the adults remembered and the children wondered.

“What… what happened?” Laura asked for everyone, speaking up for the first time. I glanced at her and noticed the frightened look on her face. Max inhaled sharply, and I decided to take the lead.

"Max was...." My voice threatened to break. I paused for a moment, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. When I got myself under control, I continued, "Max was tortured by the FBI. They tried to get information out of him, break him, and basically just hurt him because he was different." Tears filled my eyes and leaked down my face as I remembered that day so long ago. "Don't you understand? It was horrible. We didn't... we didn't know if he was even alive. Or what shape he'd be in when we found him. I-- we just couldn't let our children go through that. If you think that we put you in danger for what we did, or made it worse for you by keeping this from you, I promise you that's not the case. We've been watching you more closely than you all can imagine. We would do anything to save you from what Max faced."
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Trapped in my slashy mind with Max, Kyle, and Michael

Post by magikhands »

*Max*

I can't help but relive that time so long ago while Liz spoke for me. I remember being held down, being threatened and interrogated about things I knew nothing about. I remember the feel of the needles piercing my arms and the drugs filling my system. My fear...it was more than I could take at times. The only thing that kept me going was the thought of Liz...and the rest of my family. I needed to do anything I could to keep them safe, even if it meant sacrificing myself.

"Don't you understand? It was horrible. We didn't... we didn't know if he was even alive. Or what shape he'd be in when we found him. I-- we just couldn't let our children go through that. If you think that we put you in danger for what we did, or made it worse for you by keeping this from you, I promise you that's not the case. We've been watching you more closely than you all can imagine. We would do anything to save you from what Max faced."

I squeeze Liz's hand to comfort her. I know she and the others went through hell during that time. I let go of her hand and slowly started unbuttoning my shirt. Pulling it slightly open I showed the others the scar that I still bore on my chest. I could have taken it away, but I kept it in reminder of what could happen if we got too careless. When the kids were younger, they asked several times about the scar but I always brushed it off as an incident that happened when I was a teenager.

"This is what Special Agent Pierce did. He was going to open me up, 'take me apart piece by piece' as he said and make me feel every slice. If it weren't for Michael and the others..." I paused remembering how scared I had been, how I hoped the minute before the knife touched my skin that the others would leave Roswell and stay safe. "I wouldn't be here today."

I look around at the young teens that were scattered around the cafe. "The threat is real. We have enemies both human and alien. We only wanted to live in peace. To live normal lives. Have jobs and families. I hope you can understand what we did and why. I...I hope you can forgive us."

I looked at Lily...hoping that she could see the sincerity in my eyes, see that I love her more than my own life. I loved all my children the same.
Last edited by magikhands on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magikhands' Little Roswell Obsessions
Come see my published print and e-books
Visit my website and blog
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~AMY~~~~~
"When I left, he was saying something about Alien Hunters. And that they'd caught him. Your father. Maybe he just wanted to protect you; it sounds like they didn't have it easy. And you do know him, just like you know your mother and your sister. If you're going to be angry, don't you think it's fair that you at least know everything first?"

As much as I am horrified that they caught my dad... I just...can't handle this right now. "Go back inside Oliver" I say quietly.

I take a deep shuddering breath and continue down the back street. I can't look back at Oliver or I'd throw myself at him, and Im starting to wonder if that was all a big mistake. I turn left out of the street and start to walk towards home, my feet on autopilot, and my head elsewhere. Somewhere I couldn't retrieve it from.

Either this is one long twisted nightmare, or Ive done something to deserve this. I knew I should have stayed at home doing homework. I just knew it. When I get home Ill sit there and do all of it and then Ill study. Just like normal Amy does. I am normal Amy. I want no part of...of that stuff. I'll sit and do homework and when Mom and Dad get in....
They'll come in my room whether I like it or not as there's no lock on my door.

I stop and see Im passing a shop that looks like it would sell locks. Quickly I go in and buy one that looks appropriate and carry on walking home. As soon as I get in I'll put it on my door and then work.
But I will never EVER use these powers. Never. They make me some monster. Im normal Amy. I don't want to know any other way.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

LILY

"Don't you understand? It was horrible. We didn't... we didn't know if he was even alive. Or what shape he'd be in when we found him. I-- we just couldn't let our children go through that. If you think that we put you in danger for what we did, or made it worse for you by keeping this from you, I promise you that's not the case. We've been watching you more closely than you all can imagine. We would do anything to save you from what Max faced."

I close my eyes unable to bear watching my mother, who is one of the strongest people I know, cry. I desperately want to cover my ears and block out her voice. I don’t want to that someone was cruel enough to torture my father. I don’t want to know that there was a darkness to their lives that will now forever taint the stories of their life that I’ve heard since I was a child.

I can’t believe that Amy just left. I can’t believe that she isn’t given our parents a chance to explain. I’m meant to be the loose cannon. I’m meant to be the drama queen. Amy is meant to be the smart one. She was meant to be the one who could handle a crisis.

I open my eyes to find my dad showing everyone a scar on his chest, "This is what Special Agen Pierce did. He was going to open me up, 'take me apart piece by piece' as he said and make me feel every slice. If it weren't for Michael and the others..." He pauses, clearly still haunted by his ordeal. "I wouldn't be here today. The threat is real. We have enemies both human and alien. We only wanted to live in peace. To live normal lives. Have jobs and families. I hope you can understand what we did and why. I...I hope you can forgive us."

“Oh Daddy, I love you.” I cry and fling myself into his arms. I don’t care if I’m meant to be bigger then this. I don’t care if my reputation is going to be in ruining because I threw myself at my dad and bawled like a baby. “You have nothing to be forgiven for. You gave us what you never had. You gave us a childhood without fear. Thank you.”
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

I watched her walk away, thinking that maybe she just needed her space. I stood outside for a few minutes after she disappeared around the corner and wished that I could do something for her. She needed to be here. She needed to hear this, she needed--

I knew what she needed. I started walking after her, hoping I hadn't given her too much of a lead. I broke into a heavy jog, barreling down the sidewalk af full speed. I got about halfway to Amy's house and had to pause for a break. At that moment, some girl from school appeared at my side. She was a pretty, petite redhead, and I couldn't recall her name.

"Hi!" She said brightly, grabbing onto my arm and clinging to it. What was her name again? Candy? Mandy? It was hard to believe there were actually normal people at there, after all I'd heard and seen.

"Hey," I said shortly, still trying to catch my breath, and at the same time glancing around for Amy.

"I can't believe what happened at the party!" She said, her eyes widening and making her look like a damsel in distress. That was the point, I was sure, but she was an idiot if she thought I'd fall for it.

"Yeah, Listen...." Just then I caught a glimpse of chocolate colored hair walking out of a nearbye shop. I left the girl chatting with me standing alone and shocked, rushing after Amy. Thank God she'd chosen to stop and buy... were those locks?

"Amy!" I yelled, coming up behind her. She turned to look at me, but I didn't wait for an answer. I scooped her up, threw her gently over my shoulder, and began walking back to the Crashdown. The girl from school stared in shock, but I didn't care. Amy needed to listen to her parents. Or she'd regret it.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~AMY~~~~~
"Amy!"
Oliver? I turn around to see him standing behind me. What the hell is he doing here? I open my mouth to say something when suddenly he's grabbing me and putting me over his shoulder.
"OLIVER!" I yell as he starts walking me back to the Crashdown. "Oliver get OFF of me!" I yell angrily as I struggle to get free. "Why won't you leave me alone! God please get off of me!"
He just keeps walking.
"Oliver get off me right now. God what on Earth was I thinking earlier, if you cared about me you'd let me go RIGHT NOW!"
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Sorry, I've been sick and couldn't get posts up. Does anyone want to fill me in on what I may have missed?