The Forgotten (Adult,CC)*Zan Open*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

A JP with KatnotKath

Post by isabelle »

~Liz~

Max tells me that he loves me too, but it hurts to see that he isn't looking at me as he does so. Not that I can't understand it, I can of course, but still... I swallow and bite my lip, tears welling up in my eyes as he squeezes my hand, such a simple gesture, but it's a reminder that I want so much more...

I blink them back as Max turns back to me though, not wanting him to see, not wanting to make this any harder than it is... As he says he doesn't want me hurting, I look up into his eyes, unable to resist leaning my head slightly more into his hand as he caresses my cheek, his touch so gentle, so perfect... If I could just stay here, with him, nothing to come between us, that would be my idea of heaven...

It's not as simple as that though...in fact I don't think anything will ever be simple again it seems... As soon as it seems one thing is sorted, another comes up... I remember a time when I wanted excitement in my life, when I was bored... That wasn't so long ago really, but it feels like another lifetime...

Sighing, I swallow. "I don't want to hurt you either Max, I honestly don't..."

I fall silent a moment as Max spoke about talking to Serena and Zan and nodded slightly, looking over to where she could see the two figures in the distance. "Maybe you're right, I just wish I knew how to help Serena..." I comment softly. I feel useless, helpless, she needs my help, and yet because of everything, I'm no good... "I don't know, I just don't know..." I bite my lip, shaking my head as I look back at him.

*Max*

She doesn't want to hurt me, I think, repeating the words in my mind. I wonder if she has any idea how much she did hurt me. In many ways, it was worse than Peirce. But after he'd managed to change the subject to Zan and Serena, Max felt the vise-grip on his heart easing slightly.

"I do want to help Serena," I say, looking out across the park at the girl who was so similiar to Liz and yet so different. The poor girl was in a terrible state and I do feel a lot of empathy for her, inspite of the way she'd tried to hurt Liz. Still, that's not what's at the forefront of my mind at the moment. "But I'm more interested in helping you."

Turning back to Liz, I rub the back of her hand with my thumb again. It's so wonderful to touch her, to be honest with her again and it's also so very hard. To be able to be this close and know that she's afraid to go further. Afraid of causing Tess to leave and causing the end of the world. I never even realized that she'd been hurting so much, that she was carrying so great a burden. I'm so angry at myself for not seeing that...

With a sigh, I say, "Let's go see if they can help us make sense of this." I say. I lean forward, wanting to connect with her, to kiss her -- but I can't. Reluctantly, I pull back and open the door of the jeep. Stepping out, I walk around and open the door for Liz, holding out my hand to help her get out.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: not too sure about this Isabelle, hope it's okay though, tell me if you want it changing?

~Liz~

I have to smile as Max says that although he wants to help Serena, he's more interested in helping me. He rubs the back of my hand again, and it's amazing just how wonderful such a simple thing can feel... It's been so long since we have really talked alone... I mean we've both been there sometimes when there's group meetings, and at school over lunch maybe, but it hasn't been the same...

I've been trying to avoid him I have to admit... I don't know if I trusted myself to be around him and not tell him the truth... Tonight has certainly eased one huge load off my mind, although the accompanying one, regarding what might happen if Max and I ever got back together is still there of course. I don't know what to do about that one...I'm confused about what FutureMax said... It doesn't make sense when put together with what we found out tonight, and yet...

I want so much to believe it was all a fake, that I can ignore what was said, but then if I do, what if I'm wrong...?

I can't afford to take that risk, it's too great, too dangerous...

I sigh and nod as Max suggests going over to talk to them, and time seems to freeze for a moment as he leans forward... For a moment, I have a feeling that something could happen, but it's a moment, and then it's gone as he pulls back and steps out of the jeep. I swallow and take a breath, trying to forget about how he makes me feel as he comes round and opens the door, holding out his hand to help me out. I give a weak smile. "Thanks" Then take it, stepping down and biting my lip as the contact causes tingles in my hand. I should let go I know, but I don't want to... "So, what do you think of Zan and his group anyway...?" I ask softly as I stand by his side.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"So, what do you think of Zan and his group anyway...?" Liz asks as she gets out of the jeep.

"Truthfully?" I ask, although I already know that's what she wants and what I'm going to tell her. We can't have lies between us. It only hurts the group and apparently it's hurt Liz the worst, since she can't do whatever it is that's needed to help Serena...

I slip my hand into hers, wishing I could do more. Wishing we could be as close as we used to be. But that won't happen until she's ready. I did promise not to ask.

Taking a slow breath, I look out to where Zan and Serena are walking. They've been met by someone new. I wonder who that could be. "I think they're a bit scary. They're so ... rough. It's a bit spooky how much they're like us, and yet so different."
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

"Truthfully...?"

I give a small nod as Max asks this, although I think we both already knew the answer anyway...

He slips his hand into mind, and for a second I could almost imagine we've gone back in time. It won't go any further though, not like before... We used to be so close, friends, and more... I wish we could have those days back, more than anything I wish I could go back to a time before any of the complications arose. Before we knew about Tess, when Max and I, for just a few short weeks, were actually happy and content...

At that time it seemed as though nothing would ever come between us... But time changes things, even when we don't want it to...

Closing my eyes, I try not to dwell on the past, and wait silently, looking back up at Max and following his gaze to where Zan walks with Serena a little way away. "I think they're a bit scary..." He finally admits. "They're so...rough. It's a bit spooky how much they're like us, and yet so different..."

I give a small nod. "I guess it's a sign of a different background, different experiences..." I respond softly, shaking my head. "The version of you from the future was pretty different too... Older of course, but in other ways too..." I bite my lip as I remember him. "He'd been through a lot I think... Seems like Zan and the others have too..."
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Yeah, I think, listening to Liz. They've had different experiences, but at the core, Zan and I are both supposed to be the same person, the re-created King of Antar. You'd think the people of Antar who sent us would have been interested in making sure that we had experiences that would help us prepare for what they wanted. Instead, we'd been left on our own, with no advanced warning of what was going to be expected from us. No guidance, no nothing.

Well, my group didn't, anyway. They got some, and maybe Tess got a little more. But it still doesn't make sense that they would leave so much to chance.

Liz thinks that Zan and the others have been through a lot. Well, I guess that's true with them being alone in New York, no parents, and Serena suddenly getting so strange... But we've been through a lot, too. My time in the white room comes flooding back to me and I feel my face go pale. I think of all the pain and confusion of knowing nothing.

"Yeah, you're right," I say, quietly. "This whole situation seems to have been very poorly planned." Sure, they weren't planning to crash, but seem like there should have been some thought to briefing us on the situation after we were all 'reborn' here.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

As soon as I've said that, I know I've made a mistake and the look on Max's face seems to confirm it. I wasn't trying to belittle what we've been through too...both groups have hardly had an easy time...I guess it just came out wrong...

I don't know if I've ever seen him look so pale. He says something about the whole situation having been poorly planned, but right at this moment in time, however right he might be, I'm not really interested in the planning or the past, I'm interested in the here and now, I'm interested in him...

"Max, what's wrong...?" I don't really think before reaching up, touching his face. I've only known that look on his face once before, and it's not a time I want to remember anymore than he does I'm sure...

"I'm sorry..." I whisper softly and shake my head and even though, if what Zan says, I know we didn't really have a 'choice', I can't help feeling that everything that's happened, everything that we've been through all started with one thing...the shooting... He saved me, and since then his life had been crazy..Pierce, the special unit, all have been after him...all because of me albeit indirectly...
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"It's nothing," I tell Liz when she asks what's wrong. I know I was promising myself not to keep secrets from her, but this is nothing. Just a thought. A random memory and a lingering emotion. Telling would only hurt her feelings and make her think she'd done something wrong. She didn't. She's right about what she said. Whatever's happened to us, we at least had families and friends that cared about us. Even Michael. He was trapped in that horrible foster system but he wasn't alone.

"I wish we had more answers," I say, thinking again about Liz's time traveler and how his story didn't really match up with what we were learning today. I hope Zan and Serena have some answers. I wonder who the other guy they're with could be. He certainly isn't one of the New York crew that we've met before and from the way they acted, I'm rather certain it's not some human friend. It could be some random encounter, but I'm not betting on that.

"I wonder if that guy is their protector," I say. I hope it is. I want to be able to get some real answers although I don't yet know that their protector is any more repectable than Nacedo was. I'm guessing not, based on their behavior. If he is a protector, he's probably also a multiple murderer, too...
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

ooc: Short... probably sucks.... but I can't seem to get my muse to work well here at the moment..... and sorry for the wait on Isabel... hadn't realized there had been a reply since at the time things were still going fast....

~Lonnie~

Rath and I both go over the edge and I hear him hiss out, "Damn." I'm glad he enjoyed this, even though I know he wasn't thinking of me. I sure as hell wasn't thinking of him. He gives me a deep kiss and I respond before pulling back as he pushes away to hear him say, "Think it's time to meet up with Boss and Freak so we can meet wit' the preps."

I nod, I agree. We've got to get this over so I can do my thing. "Yeah, let's get back to them so we can deal wit' these stupid weaklings. Can't believe they's s'possed to be like us. Such wusses." This Roswell crew is as weak as my brother, though I'm sure their Rath dupe isn't. He could definitely be fun to mess with. Zan's weakness, hell... all the weaknesses that most of the crews have will be their downfall and I will be on top.

I can't help but smirk, knowing that if Rath looks he'll think I'm thinking about having control over the men. Straightening my clothing, I stand and take a moment. Wait until they all realize the fact that they are going down. I'll have Khivar back and all the power at my fingertips. And, I'll do whatever I have to in order to ensure that it happens. I'll kill anyone I have to. I'll get the granolith and I'll earn my place. And, I've already got an idea of just how I'll do it too. This group of wussies will end up being my way and they don't even know it yet.

~Isabel~

"No problem, I could use some catching up." Alex responds with a smile, and I'm glad that he's not leaving to. Of course, why would he. I knew he was infatuated with me but I just didn't think I could give him what he wants. I honestly don't want him to be hurt. Getting further into our chaos could cause him to end up being hurt worse and that's something I definitely don't want to see happen. "Come on, I parked out front."

I follow Alex out of the museum and locked the door behind us before going to his car. When we're in and have begun driving away, I go through filling him in on the deal I gathered from the situation with Serena and our dupes. Explaining about as much as I could understand and even mentioning some of the things about Serena stabbing Liz and Max mentioning the granolith.

I don't really care where we go, whether I go home of not and I tell Alex more about meeting at the school and talking more. As much as I don't want Alex at risk, I know he's not going to just drop me off and go home. Besides, he'd just worry and stress and I'd have to listen to more comments about him being there. Which he had been. He'd been a fantastic friend and as much as I find myself caring... there's just no way I'm going to let things get that close.

So, why do I always feel more at ease when he's around? Why do I think about the dream I'd first seen when I'd walked him before? I couldn't answer my own questions so, for the moment once I'd finished giving Alex the lowdown, I simply stayed silent.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

I sigh as Max says he wishes we had more answers, I think that's one thing we all would like... To understand what's happened, what it all means. To know who to trust and who to fear. To be certain where we stand and what we need to do...

It's not so long ago I thought I had that, but no longer...it's no longer true...

I told Max all about FutureMax, but the more I think about it, the less it makes sense and the more contradictions I see. After tonight, I just don't know, I don't even know who I am...

Yesterday I was a normal teenage girl, and now...? I shake my head and bite my lip. "So do I Max, so do I..."

We look over again towards Zan and Serena, who still stand with another, unknown person, and as Max wonders aloud if he's their protector, I bite my lip and swallow, remembering all the things that Nacedo did before he died. Protector - murderer more like... I try to shake off the cold feeling which washes over me and look back up at Max with a small smile. "Well, only one way to find out...right...?" I suggest softly.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"That's right," I tell Liz, briefly squeezing her hand. We've been approaching for this very reason. I hope we can get some straight answers. Some more details about what's wrong with Serena, about how she fits in, how Liz fits in... I only hope they're answers that we can trust.

"Zan," I call out as we get within a few yards of him. "It's me, Max. And Liz. Who's your friend?"

We're in the shadows and I can't really see the face of the third person well, but it seems to be a guy. I hope this is someone who can help.