A Baby Story (AU, ?C Teen) *Need Kyle, Isabel, Michael*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

M
Addicted Roswellian

Post by M »

Hey- I'm here, just waiting for a Kyle post?
The problem with changing the world is that it makes any life beyond that impossible...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- Great to have you again, M. Sorry I didn't mention that before. :D

Temping for *Kyle*

I don't know what the hell I'm doing here standing in the hallway. I'm so worried about Tess. I love her, I really do. I want to be with her, if she'll let me, but I don't know if she will. There's the baby and Max, and of course, being Queen of Antar. I can't give her that.

I can give her my heart. My love. She doesn't know it, but I already have. I need her to be safe. To be happy. And she needs to be with Max. I kissed her and she nearly bolted. Oh man. Why does everything have to be so messed up?

I should go back to class or something, but I can't. I need to be sure that Tess is okay. I glance up and down the hallway, hoping that none of the teachers are going to come by and ask me why I'm here. I don't have a hall pass. I have no good reason for standing here outside the girl's bathroom. -- Or at least, no good reason I can give them.

Suddenly the door to the girl's toilet opens and Tess steps out. She walks tentatively towards me, almost reluctantly, and then raises her head to say, 'hi'.

"Hi," I tell her. My fingers itch to hold her again. My arms ache to pull her into a tight embrace and hold her for the rest of my life. I just don't know if she'd allow that. I reach out and gently put one hand on her upper arm. "Are you okay?" I ask her again.

*Max*

I'm still hunched up, wishing for answers that I know aren't there. Or at least, they're not there yet. I know things will work out one way or another, but will it be the right way? There's so much at stake. So many people who will be hurt, no matter what happens.

Before Isabel responds, I feel something. Something indescribeable. It's almost like when I'd connected with my son that one time. When I felt him in Tess's womb. But Tess isn't here now. I'm not touching her. So why do I feel this sense of weightlessness, warmth, comfort and ... movement. A new sensation. Touch. Touching something for just a moment and then it was gone.

I blink, unsure of anything, as I lift my face to look at Isabel.

M
Addicted Roswellian

Post by M »

It's all good Is, I'm so rarely here- I try, but RL just keeps kicking my ass.

~TESS~

He returns my tentative opening and after an endless second he lightly touches my arm Are you okay?

I smile self-consciously and give a half shrug. “Momentary agitation- on both parts. I think its ok now.” I pause, trying to find the words, struggling to say all that I want, and yet I’m left with nothing- my mouth moving and… nothing. I close my eyes and then look up into his clear blue eyes- so many things swimming there, and know that this has to be resolved. I take a deep breath and begin “I guess we need to talk about what happened at the park…?”

Kyle’s hand is still on my arm and I can feel his warmth through my sleeve. I feel that warmth penetrating deeper then the layers of skin and muscle and sinking into my psyche too. I want that, so much, but I also need to know what Max will say.

“I- I wanted to do that for a while, umm- kiss you, that is. I guess, I just. I don’t think I- I mean, well, it’s not very fair, is it? I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to… Maybe I should just go”
The problem with changing the world is that it makes any life beyond that impossible...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Kyle*

'On both parts'? The words confuse me for a moment before I put it together. The baby was agitated, too. Why? How? Is he okay? I guess he must be because Tess doesn't seem to be too concerned. She says they're both okay again. That's good.

But then she wants to talk about what happened in the park. When a girl says she wants to talk, it's usually not good. This time doesn't seem to be an exception. “I- I wanted to do that for a while, umm- kiss you, that is. I guess, I just. I don’t think I- I mean, well, it’s not very fair, is it? I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to… Maybe I should just go”

"No!" I say quickly. Too quickly. It came out sounding a lot sharper than I intended. "I mean, please don't go," I say more gently. Her staying here and talking like that isn't going to be comfortable, I know, but it's a lot better than watching her go away. I want her near, even if it is uncomfortable.

"I'm glad that you ... liked it," I tell her, refering to the kiss. The way she'd run off, I was afraid that she'd been really upset about it. I see she is upset, in a way, but not that way. It's a big relief. More than that, it's wonderful. She had been wanting to kiss me? For a long time? I could be walking on air if it weren't for the baby and Evans and her destiny to be Queen.

I feel a frown starting across my face and I quickly wipe it out. I don't want to think about all of that right now. "I don't care if it's not fair. I'm just glad that you ... that you know and that you aren't mad. I'm going to be here for you Tess. Any way you want," I say. I love you, I think, but those words are stuck for the moment. They're true, truer than any thing I know, but I don't want to make things harder for her...
M
Addicted Roswellian

Post by M »

~*TESS*~

After my admission I hold my breath, looking back at the floor. Staring really, waiting for the axe to fall. I'm so sure that I know what he'll say 'maybe you're right Tess, maybe you should go. I was wrong. I shouldn't have kissed you. I only did it because I wanted to get back at Max. I love Liz, I always have and you were only a means of revenge.' I'm lost in these thoughts, sure that my world is about to come crashing down, but Kyle's protest pulls me from my revery.

No! I mean, please don't go He starts out sharply, but then his voice softens and risk looking up again. I'm glad I did as he continues I'm glad that you ... liked it . I can see the emotions flitting across his face, too fast to pinpoint any in particular. I don't care if it's not fair. I'm just glad that you ... that you know and that you aren't mad. I'm going to be here for you Tess. Any way you want.

I feel the tears welling up again and I blink hard, willing them not to spill over. Is he saying what I think he might be? I'm afraid to even consider it, but the hope it blossums is irrepressible. I reach out a hand, placing it on his chest, feeling the heart beat under his shirt. Its hammering is both exhilerating and terrifying, and I look from my hand back up to his eyes, watching me.

"You aren't mad at me? Everyone else is. Why aren't you?"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Kyle*

She puts her hand on my chest and even that simple touch is something magical. So warm. So near. I can feel a low growl gurgling just below vocal level almost like a purr. I fight the urge to half close my eyes and just sink into the sensation. Oh, Tess!

"You aren't mad at me? Everyone else is. Why aren't you?" She asks.

"Because," I start as a hundred different answers crash into my head. Because I could never be mad at her. Because she's the best thing that ever happened to me. Because ... They all come down to one thing. ...I love you I love you I love you...

"... because I love you," I say, unable to hold it back any more. Let her hate me for it if she wants to but at least it'll be for the right reasons.
M
Addicted Roswellian

Post by M »

~*TESS*~

Because... because I love you

I stare at him in shock, sure that those words would never come out of his mouth, and not directed at me. No one loves me, I thought maybe I was impossible to love, but here stands the unintentional hero of my dreams, in the middle of the school hallway- my life, and me, a total mess, and yet he says he loves me. I look into his eyes, searching for the truth- trying to see if he means it. He looks back, his sincerity apparent and I raise a trembling hand to stroke his cheek.

"You do? Really?"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Kyle*

This is too much. I need to run. I need to tell her it was a joke. I never should have let those words escape from my mouth. ... but the look in her eyes it not one I can deny.

"I do. Really," I tell her, with a careful smile. 'you're like my sister' I could say, but it's not true. I already kissed her. She wouldn't buy that would she? In fact, after that kiss, why is she doubting me? Does she think I'm playing her?

"You said ... you said that everyone was mad at you. That doesn't include Evans, does it? He's the one who did this to you," I say. He certainly didn't look mad last night as he sat on our couch with his arm around her waist, promising to take care of Tess and the baby. I wanted to punch him. I still want that, but I'm not going to do it. I just wish it were me. My dad would kill me, I know, but I still wish I were the one having a baby with Tess ...
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Isabel~

"I'm sorry, Isabel. I tried. I really did. I --" Max stops and I just want to tell him that it'll be alright. I know he is still busy blaming himself and nothing I can do will change that.

"Max, it's not your fault. I know you tried. I'm grateful that you attempted to bring him back. The accident... it wasn't your fault. You did what you could. I wish you'd stop trying to carry the blame on your shoulders. I don't blame you, Max." I say, lifting my head and looking at him.

"I don't want to fail Tess, too. I can't do that again," He states, and I sigh. I wish there was something I could do to take away his worries.

"Max, you aren't going to fail her. I think, maybe we should sit down with her before you tell our parents and find out just what she feels. Or, maybe she'd allow me to have a one on one girl talk with her... I miss that." I hadn't exactly been kind to Tess of late, but she and I had been starting a good friendship. I feel guilty for that.

"Whatever happens, I want both of you to know, that you aren't alone." I tell him as I turn to give him a sisterly hug. It's been a while since I've felt the closeness and I don't want to lose that again. I need Max and Michael. I plan to get the closeness with everyone back.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Isabel doesn't seem to have noticed my little lapse as she tells me that I need to talk to Tess to know how she feels. I'm not sure what that would prove. She's been pretty clear on what she wanted ever since last May when we saw the message from Mom -- before that even, since the first time she mindwarped me into thinking I was kissing her...

I know one thing she doesn't want. She doesn't need me to desert her and run off to Liz when she's got a baby to raise. My baby. I need to be there for her and for the baby. I don't even understand how Isabel and Liz can be talking like there's a choice in the matter.

It's hard to really listen to Isabel as I marvel over that strange feeling that came over me, and what it could mean. That sensation had to have something to do with the baby, my son ...

Isabel hugs me and it feels so good. I start to relax, loving the feeling of being close to her again. It's all I can do to keep from totally melting into her but if I did that, I'd be bound to start crying and I can't do that. I have hold it together. I have to do this. I have to be what Tess needs, what my son needs.

"Thanks, Isabel," I say, squeezing her back for a long moment. I don't want to release her, but I have to. I ease up and look up Isabel's face.

"I'm sure she'd love for you to talk to her. I think she's feeling pretty alone right now," I say, sadly. She has been part of our group for a while, but I know she's never been really liked by everyone. Now there's this. I'm she could use a friend. She needs that just as badly as she needs me.