RPG Rules & Regulations (All user Check IN pg 3)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

RPG Rules & Regulations (All user Check IN pg 3)

Post by Bordersinsanity »

Roswell Fanatics is a FAN-FICTION board - We do not allow the posting of any original works. Nor do we allow the posting of works about real people (e.g. actor fics) All fics must be written in the English language.

Click on the link below to read the rules for that section:
GENERAL RULES
SPAMMING
PLAGIARISM
ANTI-HARASSMENT POLICY
PRUNING
EXCESSIVE BUMPING
THREE STRIKES RULE
SUSPENSION/BANNING
HOLDING A FAN FICTION HOSTAGE
SEPARATE FORUMS FOR FAN FICTION
THREAD TITLES
FIRST PAGE OF YOUR FANFICTION: HEADER
RATINGS
IMAGES
ABBREVIATIONS

As stated almost a year ago:
Mature/Adult RPG's ~ Who's allowed to play & Who's NOT
  • MATURE - (formerly R) Suitable for mature readers. Contains some adult content. The fiction may contain strong language, heavy violence, or some heavier sexual content.
  • ADULT - (formerly NC-17) Absolutely for adults only. Likely contains extreme violence, strong language and/or explicit sexual content.
<center>~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

Under NO circumstances can anyone under the age of 17 participate in either one of these. NO if's, and's or buts...

If anyone is aware of a thread that has an underage player please notify either Kath7, Angel, Kzinti_Killer or myself.

Now that all of you have been refreshed... I'm requiring that all MATURE and ADULT RPG's have the following:

Under NO circumstances can anyone under the age of 17 read or participate in this RPG. NO if's, and's or buts...

Code: Select all

[size=16][color=red]
Under NO circumstances can anyone under the age of 17 read or participate in this RPG.  NO if's, and's or buts... [/color][/size]
The above must be the first thing on the thread follow by the rest of the required information. If you know of anyone that is underage and is still participating on a MATURE or ADULT RPG report them at once!

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

CHARACTER MOVEMENT:
Common Courtesy... If you're using a character that's not yours in your post you HAVE to forward your post to that character's owner to make sure that that character's movements is within their character.

For example:

Max:
I was just wandering the streets trying to find something to do when I saw Liz running naked into the bookstore.

Now we all know that this is way out of character for Liz on the show. However, it may not be out of character for a Liz playing in another RPG. We can't assume to know how another character is going to act. Therefore, we must allow the owner of that character to say yes, that's fine or no, that's just not cool.

It is fine to have Liz running naked into the bookstore if it has already been stated during the RPG

IMAGES USED IN RPGS
  • Banner art for RPG's should follow the same rules as the FANFIC COVER ART
  • All images used for BIO's should be no larger than 300 x 300 in size. This is because the BIO's usually contain 8 or more images within one post.
  • If it's bigger than that size, you can just post a link.

ex. click here

Click here
STANDARD ABBREVIATIONS:
This list is by no means complete, but these are the typical abbreviations you will see used on Roswell Fan Fiction.

CC = Conventional Couples: (e.g. Max/Liz; Alex/Isabel; Michael/Maria; Kyle/Tess; Isabel/Jesse)
AU = Alternate Universe: (Stories that do not follow the "canon" of the show but still use Conventional Couples.)
UC = Unconventional Couples: (e.g. Michael/Liz; Kyle/Isabel; Max/Tess, Max/Maria, etc)
FF = Future Fic: (Story line takes place in the future.)
XO = Crossover: (Story is a crossover with another TV show. Characters from both shows are used.)
F/F = Used for Female/Female Slash fics. (Typically, the word "Slash" will accompany it.)
M/M = Used for Male/Male Slash fics. (The word "Slash" should accompany it to avoid confusion with Michael/Maria fics.)
M/L = Max/Liz
M/M = Michael/Maria
A/I = Alex/Isabel
K/T = Kyle/Tess
I/J = Isabel/Jesse
K/I = Kyle/Isabel
Mi/L = Michael/Liz
Ma/Ma = Max/Maria
Mx/Ma = Max/Maria
Z/L = Zan/Liz
Z = Zan
R = Rath
Av = Ava
Lo = Lonnie
Kh = Khivar
N = Nicholas
Mi = Michael
Mx = Max
Ma = Maria
Ky or K = Kyle
Ax or A = Alex
L = Liz
I = Isabel

Additional Abbreviations for use in titles:

pg = Page
Ch = Chapter
Pt = Part
Eplg = Epilogue
Prlg = Prologue
Fwd = Forward
AN = Author's Note
AE = Author Edited
Seq = Sequel

PAGE CAP:
  • Once the thread has reached 50 pages please start a new one.
  • Once the new thread is started please post the link to the new thread on the old thread.
  • The new thread must include everything that is normally required when starting a new RPG and must also include a link to the old thread.
Last but not least -- These are not all the rules to the board. What is stated here doesn't crossover into any other forum.

The Roswell Fanatics Board Administration Team
Last edited by Bordersinsanity on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:10 am, edited 18 times in total.
<center>Image
Archives | Rules | Plagiarism | Fundraising</center>
Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

All players that are 17 years of age or older must check in on this thread. If your name isn't on this thread then you cannot participate in a Rating of Adult or Mature RPG.

This will help all originators know who can and cannot participate in their over 17 RPG.

1. KarenEvans
2. StormWolfstone
3. Sternbetrachter
4. madroswellfan
5. coracat
6. Anna-Liisa
7. RiaRath101
8. Dreamer_Dreaming
9. Buffsteraddict
10. NightshadeIsis
11. isabelle
12. littleroswell
13. ~Ruby~
14. Fehr'sBear
15. roswell3053
16. Athenea
17. Sugarplum7
18. DestinyAwaits
19. FaithfulAngel24
20. magikhands
21. Michelle17
22. Shama
23. NikkiA
24. KatnotKath
25. aliensister
26. Zansgirl
27. jeja911
28. maougha
29. Zanssoulmate08
30. Gunther0925
31. alizaleven
32. suicide_eagle_rath
33. AntarPrince04
34. Maxssoulmate
35. JoeDude
36. nickimlow
37. Djinn
38. Flamehair
39. Ranch
40. Loxyanissa14
41. Antarian Chick
42. loviedovie
43. Elizabeth Kivana
44. Roslover39
45. rpchick2006
46. emmylala2003
47. Candy*4eva
48. Liz_Parker
49. Baby_Bre
50. OnDragonflyWings
51. Dying_Hearts
52. loulou32
53. Dream Weaver
54. darkness_within_me
55. Dreamer-laure
56. EnglishDreamer
57. PML
58. Luvya
59. helen_roswellfan23
60. CandyDreamQueen
61. M&M<3
62. ~SavitarOmegrion~
63. lizandzackfan
64. Skittles1983
65. behrluv32
66. LyricsToMyLife

*update ~ Anniepoo98 ~ 6/9/08*
Last edited by Bordersinsanity on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<center>Image
Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

isabelle wrote:Hey Jen!

I'd seen these rules go up for fics, but I hadn't realized they'd applied to RPs until you posted about it here. Once all the existing RPs are sorted, I'm sure it will be easy to continue in the future. :)

Just one thing 'though. The wording of the first rule just seems ... off. I dunno. It says,

"We do not allow the posting of any original works."

That seems backwards to me. I understand what you mean, but basically, everything I write here is original by me. Shouldn't it say something more like -- "We only allow the posting of your own original works. Unacknowledged Posting of works by others in whole or in part is not allowed." ????

Just wondering... :?
Thanks for the support and your help with updating a lot of the RPG's. You're probably right about that verbage. I just copied and pasted it from the regular rules. What that statement means is that we don't allow anything that isn't associated with some fandom in one way or another. I'll take your suggestion to the other mods to see what they think about changing that statement.

Once again, thanks for helping out with your RPG threads and making sure that they have the minimum required pieces.

thanks
Jen
<center>Image
Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Anna-Liisa wrote:Uhm, Liz_Parker hasn't been on for a while, so I'm not sure if she can edit the 1st post of A time of hope....so what is done in that case?
As stated in my post on your thread

Please read the new rules and regulations in RPG. Your thread is in violation of a few new rules.
thanks
Jen

PS you have 1 week to update the thread with everything that it needs before it's deleted. If the Owner of this thread is not available let me know the information that you would like and where you'd like it and I'll update it for you.
Hope that helps.
Jen
<center>Image
Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

I've updated the rules on the first page. Please take a look at them.
thanks
Jen
<center>Image
Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Bordersinsanity wrote:All players that are 17 years of age or older must check in on this thread. If your name isn't on this thread then you cannot participate in a Rating of Adult or Mature RPG.

This will help all originators know who can and cannot participate in their over 17 RPG.

thanks
Jen
It was getting kind of crowded in the forum with all the stickies and all so I've added this to this thread. All new users that want to participate in Mature/Adult RPG's please sign in here so I can add your name to the second post on this thread.

thanks for all your help
Jen
<center>Image
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Hey guys!

Sorry it took so long to update this list. I didn't know that no one was checking you in. I'm going to need to investigate and see what's going on.

In future, if you have to wait more then a week for something like this, please pm me or Kzinti_killer so that we can look into it.

Kath
Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

Howdy all~

I've updated the over 17 list on the first page. If I've missed your name, please PM me when you get the chance and I will add you.

Sorry it took so long!

Annie:)
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

how do i add myself on the list?
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

behrluv32 wrote:how do i add myself on the list?
I've added you. Sorry it took me so long.

Thanks!
Annie