Choosing Grounds (AU/UC/XO/ADULT) Xander and Maria needed

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

ooc: I am working on some posts here... be up with them asap... went to see a doc last night and know now pretty much the health stuff... so it might be slow going here...

*points at above posts by everyone* love it love it love it... :D poor Moon... everyone rushed to Isabel and Tai-San lol
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Medina~

I watch the little insignificant toys of mine from my space, watching happily as they seem to be ready to take action, running around like ants. I’d left Marley there, maybe she could be of some temporary assistance. "They didn't do anything? Why destroy them? You said you'd not harm us if we didn't challenge your game." Zeus words followed me and I decided to go ahead and give him his answer even though I wasn’t actually there in the room.

With a wave of my hand I let my voice drift to his ears alone, “Well, Zeus… it’s just the smart move to use examples of what can happen. Besides, they were worthless to me. You on the other hand have plenty to offer to my game. Too bad that Moon doesn’t. She might well have to be next.” Then with a smirk, I closed off the connection.

Looking at another space on my mirror I wave a hand over it. Ah, yes there she is. She must have come to realize that I had once again brought more to my game. Maybe, just maybe I could have more fun.

“Oh, good try. You can’t…” My words into the air were cut off by shock when she vanished and I knew it was impossible, or should have been. How could she stop me from seeing? That little idiot! I turned and saw that all of my views except for one were suddenly blank. I’ll kill her. “You just wait! I will kill you!”

Maybe I had allowed the woman to live too long, that curse was the only thing that had kept me from trying to take her life and for this, I have become tempted. It’s bad enough that she managed to hide the man I desire from me for nearly a hundred years. A man that thanks to my creator was capable of using the same powers as I to a certain extent… now, I was only able to view one spot.

Maybe, just maybe I’ll make those two pay the consequences for what this woman has done to me.

“You can’t win, Medina.” I hear her voice come through and soft laughter.

“We’ll see about that.” Damn, I left Marley down there…

~ (currently Mysterious character)~

Wandering through the newly created city, I can’t help but think about what Medina was planning now. Having been her pawn, then her slave, and then being tossed aside, I’d come to know more about the Goddess then I wished to know. I’d planned, prepared and waited for the time she again grew board and victimized others. I can’t defeat her completely, but I can make it less assured that she’ll win.

Yes, I can see to it that she doesn’t have as much control as she’d like to have. With a low whistle, I glance around and watch as several of the others whom I’d manage to free from her hold swept out of the alley’s, moving in. “Find them, but do not approach them. I must be the one to speak to them.”

I glance around as many nod and one man steps over, placing his hand on my shoulder. “We’ll have the last laugh.” His voice and touch are slightly soothing.

“Yes, we will. But for now, you’d best return to the base. I don’t trust Nina or the others to take care of things properly. They’ve come to enjoy taking risks in Medina’s wastelands. We need those items if we are to expand on what we’ve been doing. I’ll see whether these people are ready for our aid and information.”

“As you wish, little sister.” I smile and watch him walk away. My brother and I, it’s amazing that this woman brought us here, together. Maybe not from the same reality, but we were together again. He gave me the strength to make it through each day.

“They’ve been located in the mall.” I turn, see a friend standing there and smile.

“Thanks, Dar. I’ll be heading in there. You all keep a look out. If anyone of Medina’s toys appears, you let me know.” At his nod, I turn and make my way to this mall. Yes, this is it. This is where I will find them. Will they accept me?

Nearing the mall, I see that there is a security grill down. Well, that certainly won’t do. With a flick of my wrist, I watch as it raises and step through it, letting it close behind me. I can hear voices and simply follow them until I go up some stairs, rounding a corner where I see a large group. It looks like three women are unconscious and I am instantly wondering what Medina has done to them.

There are any number of things that could have been done by that bitch and I’m certain that she wouldn’t have done anything completely good for them. Drawing in a deep breath, I walk around the corner and straight toward them. That’s when I see Marley standing there and smile, “Marley! You’re free!”

Marley turns, sees me and slowly makes her way, limping toward me before we embrace. “She’s done it again. She’s taken all these people. I don’t know why she left me here, but it’s wonderful to see you again. Can I go with you this time?” She asks and I nod, placing my arm on her shoulder and noting that she winced.

“What has she done to you, Mar?” I ask, unable to keep the anger from my voice.

“Not anything near as bad as what she’d done to you.” Her meekness makes me feel as though I’ll explode. I watch as she turns, folding her hands together and before she has the chance to say anything to them, I touch my hands to her chains, watching them fall from her. “Everyone, this is the Lady Of Light, she can help.”

“For now, we’re blocked from Medina’s sight. I don’t know how long we’ll be able to keep this place blocked. We’ll need to gather everyone and make our way out of here.” I tell Marley as she looks around and then back to me. I’m not caring if I spoke loud enough to be heard by all these new comers or not. I have other worries. “And, we need to get them out before the sun goes down.”

I watched Marley shake and nod, “Three of them have passed out. What can we do?”

I start for the girl that seemed to have been left on her own despite being unconscious and kneeled down beside her, checking her pulse and seeking her life’s essence with my own. Feeling the touch of energy I nodded and drew back. “She’ll be fine. More then likely they will all awaken within the next six hours with a bit of a splitting headache and hungry. She didn’t transform them.” I say as I move to check another, one that it seemed three men surrounded. Without a word, I reached out to touch her, doing the same as before and then stood to move to the third.

Once I was certain that the case was true, I faced everyone. “I know Medina has dragged you away from your lives. I know she has been horrible. But, I also know of a way that I can help you survive her. I’ve been here nearly five thousand years, a prisoner stuck in a process that seems endless. My family has been stuck here. I can explain a great deal to you, but we have to leave now. She has too much of a connection to this city that she created to entrap you. I can lead you to a place that she can not see in her viewing mirror.”

~Isabel~

I can’t help but stick close to Liz as this woman goes on and on about things. It’s not normal. Suddenly, I see the woman that is like a sister to me tense slightly and look over just as she pleads with Medina, "Medina, please...my ring, please don't take it..." I glance at Liz’s finger and realize what I hadn’t really noticed before. What was this witch playing at?

“Oh… my, I’ll consider your request.” I hear Medina reply and feel my temper rising. Liz has gone through more then enough over the last few years. How can Medina be so cruel? Her callousness irks me to no degree and I wish at that point that I could do something to stop her retched behavior. She turns to look at someone else and I hear her ask him, “Oh, how do you like being able to walk in the sun again, Angelus?”

"What do you mean... incomplete?" I hear Kyle ask, and turn to look at him. I know he’s not our Kyle and yet I still have the desire to protect him from everything that’s going on, just as I want to protect Alex, Michael, Maria and Max. They may not be the same people Liz and I knew, but… in a way it was like having the crew complete again. Tess was the only one I wanted nothing to do with. “All of the humans are incomplete in a way. So... that shouldn't be a reason for choosing just us," Kyle continues and Medina doesn’t seem to care. "At least I can't believe that's all... I just can't."

"How can you make us go through this? Meeting dead and those who betrayed us..." I look back at Medina and at the same time reach out a hand to place it on Liz’s shoulder. I know that there is nothing I can outwardly do to help, but I’m not about to let Liz forget that I’m here for her.

“I’m making do.” The man she called Angelus replies, “Why don’t you just give the girl back her ring and let me have a go?” Medina taunts Liz, I know that’s her purpose as she holds up the ring.

“It’s far too much fun like this, especially when I doubt you’d risk coming up against me at the moment.” Before anything else could be said, a girl with reddish hair walked in, rubbing her eyes and before I can even process it, she is suddenly soaring across the room as though an invisible wind was blowing her that way. She lands in the arms of the man called Angelus as Medina continues, “Salene, so good of you to join us. Now, Angelus, your food awaits.”

Looking at him, I see a dawning expression on his face, almost afraid it seemed and then suddenly his face shifted and he seemed so much different. Less appealing and then there were the teeth. I watched in horror as the girl began to scream while Medina continues speaking, leading him on, “Feed from her, Angelus. Enjoy the warm blood.”

A guy went over and began pounding on an invisible field and I felt chills run down my spine. This was insane. The… vampire… began feeding? I can’t even begin to fathom how strange it is to realize that not only do aliens exist but vampire’s as well. Not much time passes before another man is over trying to break through the field as well and then they are stuck in mourning as the girl is dropped, obviously dead. Then, the field vanishes, the body going with it and the vampire becoming dust.

“There, that was a temporary moment of fun.” I hear her comment and look at her, feeling my power building in anger. She’d just killed two people in a manner, just for fun. What a sick and twisted woman she was. “So, anymore questions?” She asks and then tosses Liz’s ring through the air. I watch as Liz catches it and then sigh, feeling better when she has the ring in her hand. She began replying to Kyle but I couldn’t let myself think on her responses. I was too concerned with looking at Alex and wishing that my Alex was there, that he was holding me. I’d come to count on that from him.

Then, suddenly I heard Medina’s words get through to my mind and glanced back at her, “Dear boy. I can be nice. I can be kind. And maybe, just maybe you’ll have many chances. For now though, you will have two hours to talk amongst yourselves. Know this, the mall is locked up. You can not get out. When I return in two hours, I’ll decide how many of you stay together.”

She turned and looked toward the men that were pounding on the shield a moment before, “Which one of you has Tai-San’s heart? Which one has her desires? Which one will lose her?” She asks and before anyone can even think to respond, she seems to begin fading.

Goodnight, Isabel. I heard the woman’s voice in my head and before I could even speak, I felt myself crumbling and darkness running through me.

I can hear things around me, but I can’t seem to bring myself to move, to speak and I can’t seem to focus enough to try using telepathy. Suddenly, I hear Liz using telepathy but it seems faded, *Isabel...?*

I feel her touching me, the comfort flowing through me and I can’t help but feel I’ve failed her. "Isabel, Isabel please, open your eyes, I need you to look at me..." I want to open my eyes, I want to be able to let her know I’m alright, but I can’t. I hear her say my name again and then suddenly all noise vanishes and I feel my body is still on the ground but suddenly I’m not in the mall.

~Willow~

I watch the scene before me and am blown away. How can this be happening? How can this be real? Then, before anything can be done I see Angel suddenly vamp out and I try instantly to begin the chant to bring back his soul, hoping to save him from this fate. When he was dusted I swore, “Damned bitch! What you just did was fucked up, Medina. Some Goddess you are. How the hell can you… you…”

"Xander? Are you and Willow ... like that, too? A vampire?" I hear Zeus suddenly and his question causes me to glance over with surprise.

“Me, a vampire? No, I did meet myself as a vampire… she was from another reality and she was freaky. Really freaky.” I reply to him, glad for the distraction because for some reason I can’t help but think if I continued with what I’d been saying, I’d probably be next.

"They didn't do anything? Why destroy them? You said you'd not harm us if we didn't challenge your game." Zeus comments and he’s right. That girl and Angel hadn’t done anything.

“I honestly think that we can’t be sure of anything about this bitch, Zeus.” I comment as she suddenly vanishes after making different comments, threatening comments to the two guy’s that pounded on the invisible shield.

This stranger suddenly joins us and it’s the first I realize that the servant girl was still there. When the woman spoke to the servant and then made her way over to Moon I couldn’t believe I hadn’t paid attention. The girl had been standing behind me and I hadn’t even realized it. With a shake of my head, I moved over to Moon and sat, taking her head in my lap as I looked her over while the strange woman moved off.

I listened to what was being said and wasn’t sure how to respond. There was an energy about her, her aura seemed to be exuding power. Made me wonder whether she was a witch too, but there wasn’t much I could do that would tell me anything at the moment. “How are we going to move those that have passed out?” I decide to ask.

“That’s not quite as hard as it might seem.” She replies without looking straight at me. She seemed to be concentrating or listening for something which made me think she was strange.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: sorry Storm, don't know whether it's just that I'm tired (which I am) or what, but I'm not completely sure what's supposed to have just happened - is Isabel supposed to still be with the others, have they all been transported, or just her? Sorry :oops: I was going to post for Liz, but I'm a little confused... Any chance of some clarification please?
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

Isabel is still there with them... she's just not feeling like she is in her unconscious state.
A List of All My Fics

KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: hope this works, I'm saying this post will end, just before the 'mysterious stranger' comes over to Isabel cos I'm not sure how to go the full distance, and fit in the stuff to Max without it seeming wierd :-S hope that's okay...

~Liz~

Isabel makes no reply to me, but as I sit there, trying to work out what to try next, I hear a familiar voice behind me. "Can I help...?"

I know it's not my Max, I know that really, but I want so hard to believe... How nice it would be to just pretend for a while...to feel his arms around me, to bury my head in his chest... It wouldn't be real though... My husband is gone, and I have to be strong, the others need me...

I swallow and blink, looking up and trying not to lose face. "I-I can't get in...I can't make the connection I need to..." I trail off awkwardly, shaking my head desperately. I don't know what to do now. I don't know how to reach her... Unless...

Max offered to help...maybe I should take him up on that... I know he's not our Max, but there's likely to be a part of him, a semblance of that sibling connection perhaps... It's a long shot I know, but it's all that I have right now, and much as I hate to show weakness by asking for help, that's not the important thing here - Isabel is...

Out of the corner of my eye, I register the entrance of another strange woman it seems but she doesn't come towards us for the moment, and my attention refocuses on my 'sister' as I continue to watch her unconcious form.

Drawing in a breath, I look back at Max, feeling a pang in my heart as my gaze is drawn to those familiar amber eyes. Averting my gaze slightly, I spin my wedding band around my finger with my thumb, using it to focus me on what I need to ask as I look back up at him. "I don't know if it would work, but will you try and help me reach her Max...?"
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- I'll have a Quixote soon, I hope.... Storm, let me know if you want me to edit this at all. I'll be happy to make changes.

*Max*

Liz doesn’t answer me at first and I don’t understand it. She has her hands on Isabel as if she were healing her, but that’s ridiculous. Liz is human. She can’t do that. I guess it just looks that way – except that I can see the strain on her face. Is it just emotion or am I missing something here?

Finally, Liz draws a sharp breath, almost gasping as she finally looks at me. "I-I can't get in...I can't make the connection I need to...

I guess she was trying to connect, to heal, but that makes no sense. Why would she think she could? She doesn’t have powers. Isabel could connect with her if she were the one unconscious but this way it doesn’t make sense for her to have even tried.

“I don't know if it would work, but will you try and help me reach her Max...?" Liz asks.

"Of course. It's going to be okay," I say, biting my lip on all the questions I want to ask. I don’t understand what Liz was trying to do but I know what I can do. I want to help Isabel. I need to. This might not be my sister, but I do care about her. Even if it were a stranger, I'd want to help. We're all trapped here and it seems that aliens aren't the only odd sort of person around. I'm not sure my secret is all that important right now. We'll probably need to use all our various abilities to get out of here...

Even as I spread my hand over Liz's on Isabel's chest, someone-new comes in behind us. I hear her talking to the slave, Marley, but I don't look up at first. I barely pay attention to what they're saying. I'm busy trying to make the connection with Isabel...

A few breaths later and suddenly I'm connected, but not to Isabel, to Liz. Probably because I was touching her, Liz is now here with me as I reach for my alternate-reality sister. I see flashes of Liz’s past – her and Max, but not it's me. I can feel how much she loves him, the way my Liz no longer loves me. I see a glimpse of her and Michael comforting each other and I can tell it’s after her Max died. I’m glad I didn’t see it happen, but it’s almost as bad to feel the waves of pain coming from her. I want to fix it, but I know I can’t. Then in the next instant, the flashes stop as if cut off. Did Liz do that? How?

How are you doing this? I ask in the psychic space we’re sharing. I don’t think she can ‘hear’ me but the thoughts slip out anyway. It’s not the time for questions ‘though and I quickly steady myself. I banish the images and concentrate on Isabel. There will be time enough to talk to Liz later.

Then, I see Isabel but it's not a normal connection, not yet. She's not just unconscious or asleep. She's not 'with' Liz and me in the connection. It's as if she's still far away, floating in empty space like a walnut bobbing on the ocean. It's not going to be easy to bring her back. Blinking and breathing deeply, I try to focus on Liz for a moment and I sense her recognition and surprise. I don't know how she's doing this, but I have a feeling that if we're going to get Isabel back, Liz and I need to do this together.

I think I'm going to need your help, I say to Liz.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Zeus*

Medina's answer comes out of nowhere and everywhere as she casually discusses our 'usefullness' to her and threatens Moon next. I feel my hand balling up into a fist, but there's nothing to do. Nothing to build that will fix this. At least, not yet...

I'm about to drop next to Moon to be sure she's okay when I'm distracted by the sudden appearance of a strange woman appears in the mall. she's all draped in robes so I can barely make out her features. But there's something about her that seems -- important or powerful, or both. She approaches Marley but the things they say seem like riddles. I don't like being out of the loop.

“She’ll be fine. More then likely they will all awaken within the next six hours with a bit of a splitting headache and hungry. She didn’t transform them.” she says.

"Transform? What do you mean? Transform into what?" I ask, but the woman and Marley have moved onto the next of the fallen, leaving me with no answers to my questions.

Pinching my lips together, I look around the Mall, wondering what else is here that I could use to help. Something more than the little electronic gizmos in my pocket.

Finally, she turns to face us again. “I know Medina has dragged you away from your lives. I know she has been horrible. But, I also know of a way that I can help you survive her. I’ve been here nearly five thousand years, a prisoner stuck in a process that seems endless. My family has been stuck here. I can explain a great deal to you, but we have to leave now. She has too much of a connection to this city that she created to entrap you. I can lead you to a place that she can not see in her viewing mirror.”

"Viewing?" I repeat. "How is she watching? Is it electronic? I got the cure for that." I reach into the lower pouch on my left knee and pull out a handful of blinders. They're each about the size of a small grape and I have plenty. I can always recharge them or make more, as well. With a pinch, I activate the first one -- "These will make us invisible to cameras. Each one covers a radius of about five feet but they only work for about 20 minutes." I put a few on the table nearest to me, so anyone can take one if they like -- if the stranger tells us that they will be any good to us.

“How are we going to move those that have passed out?” Willow asks.

“That’s not quite as hard as it might seem.” the stranger says. She's looking at Willow, but I'm already thinking through the problem.

"Yeah, no trouble," I say. The tables in the mall have hollow alluminum tubes for legs. This'll be easy. I approach one of the bigger tables, one long enough for someone to lie on. I reach into a pocket on the front of my vest and pull out a handful of small concussion grenades. Adding a regulator from another pocket, I make the connections and carefully adjust the flow. That'll do. Now it's a pneumatic jet.

Kneeling down, I pop off the foot of the table leg and slide the regulated jet inside. The table leg lifts from the ground. "Three more and we'll have a floating gurney." I explain. "I only have enough for one table right now, but it should be able to carry three or four hundred pounds."

Last edited by isabelle on Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

I love the posts, Isabelle and it definitely is absolutely wonderful! I was going to send a IM to you last night but didn't see you online and wanted to be able to discuss several things with you. I'll send you a reg PM here on RF in just a moment.
A List of All My Fics

NightshadeIsis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by NightshadeIsis »

OOC: posting for Bray/Pride/Lex this weekend. :)
Isa, the posts absolutely ROCKED!!!!!!!!
NightshadeIsis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by NightshadeIsis »

*Pride*

I don't even realise at first that we have new arrivals in the mall. I'm paying so much attention to Tai-San, just holding her, stroking her hair gently. She's breathing, thank God. At least she's breathing. But not waking up. I don't know why. Why won't she wake up? What had that monster done to her?

"She's breathing," I say to Bray. "She's just...she's just not waking up. Why won't she wake..." Not bothering to finish, I look down at her again, running my hand across her cheek. "Tai-San? Tai, come on....please. Please don't do this to me. Please...you can't do this to me. Not again. You have to get up now, okay?"

Not again. I swear, I can't go through this again...

*Lex*

I'm watching this Pride character fawning all over Tai-San as if he knows her, like she's an old friend...or a lot closer than that. Yet another part of this weird situation that I obviously don't understand just yet. Maybe I'll get lucky and figure it out eventually. Maybe right now, I don't want to even bother. As long as Pride tells me that Tai-San is alright, that's all I need to know. One Mallrat that I know on the ground out cold...it's enough to make anyone antsy. But after what we've just saw...what we just lost. Ah, Sal....

"Keep ya head screwed on, mate," I say to Pride. "Maybe we can move her...."

But before I can finish, the rear of the room is suddenly sporting even more visitors. Great...more twisted friends of this psycho.

But then again, as I listen to them speak, I realise that maybe, it's just the opposite.

The woman talking to all of us moves to all three women, checking them them all. She explains their injuries, to which I, Pride, and Bray all three sighed in relief. Yet even as she comes over to check Tai-San, I watch Pride stiffen in worry, watching the woman curiously. Man...this guy is addicted to her, isn't he?

*Bray*

They're going to be fine. Thank God, they'll all be fine. Looking around at the rest of the group, I sigh in relief. I hadn't even had the time to bother to check on them, to see if they were alright or needed help. My mind was reeling at what had just happened. Losing Salene, Tai-San falling unconscious...it crumpled me. It crumpled all three of us. But at least this new mystery guest was giving us hope. Hope, and a way out.

Standing up, I look at her.

"Then we don't have much time," I say. "After everything I've just seen, I'm not about to take anything for granted. We have to get moving." One of our many new friends, a young man not much older than me, tall, with dark hair, had taken some kind of odd devices that he had strapped to himself and made his way over to the tables in our cafe, using them to refashion the table. Watching in amazement, I smile as the table seems to...to float...all on its own.

I'm not saying a word. I refuse to think anything is unusual anymore.

"Fine then," I say. "We have to start getting them loaded up. Lex, Pride...get Tai-San ready." Moving over to Moon, I lift her up gently off of the ground, carrying her over to the table and placing her on it gently. Turning, I can see that Isabel is still unconscious, but her two friends are working on her, trying to help. Would it do any good? Should someone tell them? I didn't know. I didn't know anything anymore.

Turning to the man who made the table, I point towards the table.

"Supporting the weight is one thing," I say. "Big enough for all three of them is another. Our cafe tables aren't large enough for more than one person to lay across. We'll need more than just one. Do you have enough of those things to fashion two more of these gurneys?"