Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

40 degree days at the start of summer? ... well that's one way to know you've royally screwed up the planet
the bush fires are horrible, i was on camp camp in nsw long before the fires started and came home quite unaware of just how serious things had gotten
i hope everyone here isn't badly affected or anything
well school's finally over for me... about bloody time
no other news here
hope you're all well and if anyone would like to tell me if the bond movie is worth seeing (i'm going saturday)
have a fab weekend
xxooo
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Not to mention the hottest Dec night on record earlier this week! It was a nightmare to work that day!

Hope you enjoy your holidays- it's what they're there for, after all! And hope the camp was good too.

All is relatively well here. Well, I'm ok, but one of my relatives isn't. Mum had a kidney transplant a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately it didn't take. They removed it a few days ago. She's still in hospital- worse, she had to be there on her birthday the day after the kidney removal, so was in a lot of pain. On top of that, I expect she'll be there for Christmas since recovery seems to be a slow process.
With any luck, she'll be out for New Years, though.

Hope you enjoyed the movie, I haven't seen it. Though I'm hoping to see Eragon after Christmas.

Have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, everyone! I'm off to do my Christmas shopping...yes, I left it til the last minute. I had to clean house...it's shocking!

Nicki
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Hey Nikki. I hope your mum gets better soon babe. Merry christmas all. Lets not mention the word retail shall we?
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

heyy nicks, sorry to hear abt ur mum but hopefully she'll be better soon!
and for everyone else merry christmas and a happy new year!!
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Nicki Best wishes to your mum, hope she has a good one tomorrow. If she can't be out of hospital for you, can you take Christmas to her?

All the work is done now, the pork is cooked, the turkey defrosting, the veggies peeled. The stockings are hung by the tree with care (this is a modern house, we don't have a chimney, LOL). There's only one more job left to do.......

.....wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

ladylou
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Christmas and New Years, mine was the usual, good to start, bad to end. Family!!

:?
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

We're back!!!

Hope everyone gets this- I'm interested to know how everyone's holidays went.

Lazza, look on the bright side- your family's there to be a pain in the ass.

Anyway, on to my news. Christmas was quiet. Mum was in ICU on Christmas - my older brother visited her on the day and the younger boys went a few days later. I didn't get to come back til New Years, and unfortunately she was under heavy sedation and I didn't get to say to her everything I should have.
Though the eulogy covered most of it.

{Backtracks over what was just said}
Oops. Kinda threw that in there.
To explain...Mum wasn't able to fight off illness anymore, and the hospital staff had done everything they could... so unfortunately, we had to switch off the machines and she passed away shortly after midnight. The service was Fri and was absolutely beautiful...Mum had a lot of people coming to show how much they cared - and that's not even including the family and friends who couldn't come from interstate.
Mum's friend JB, older sister Debbie, lifepartner Rae and myself all got up to say a few words.

Anyway, have to go. Have to get to my Dad's before last bus...

Nicki

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Hey invisible ones!

Everyone *must* be busy...it's been more than a week since *I've* posted, and nearly *three* since anyone else has!

Okay, I think Vee is still on holidays...I'd kill for her weather. Hasn't this been nuts? Wed night, could barely sleep or do anything it was so hot, and today (Thurs) I'm wearing longsleeved tops and a jacket.
Apparently it was still around forty degrees at 8:30pm Wed night. And the power out over 20% of Melb....was not fun. What's a girl to do with no TV, no Internet, too hot to go to the shops and buy essentials like food...for three hours? Just lay down like a lump, normally, but my friend was over so we played cards. Three person Spit mostly, but we had a lot of debate over the rules.
Who knew how many variables there were to one game?

Okay, there'll probably be some questions as to how me and my family are doing...we're doing okay, considering.
Latest is...the person who donated Mum's new kidney, also donated another kidney and a heart. Both recipients of those (located at a diferent hospital) died as well.
Is it wrong of me to want to strangle (at the very least, injure) whoever was responsible for that screwup in the screening process or whatever?
Oip.

Anyway, it's after four am and I oddly enough need sleep. I have work later on, and I still need to work on a friend's bday present.

Nicki

PS

Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

Hey fellow Ozzers,

Thought I'd drop by, intoduce myself, have a chat.

I'm Alison, I'm 18, from Victoria, just out of the Rat(Ballarat) and I still love Roswell even though Season Two broke my heart.

Sigh.

Sorry to hear about your Mum Nicki. That must really suck.

Anyway, gotta scoot. I'll catch you all later.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

I need the bugout emoticon.... :shock:

We have a newbie!!!

Welcome Alison! Don't worry, you're not the only one who was ... disappointed with S2. It could've gone *so* much better.

On the other hand, great for fanfics...

And yeah, sucks big time. Still getting used to the idea. I do crack the odd joke now and then. Just hope my shrink doesn't think he needs to up my meds over it.

Also, Ballarat! (More or less) Wow, I was *just* there last weekend. The 20/21 Jan weekend! Friend's 21st. ...It's a nothing town. Plus, Stage 4 restrictions, ouch. Moron next door to my friend was using a hose on his car. We have witnesses!

18...Finished high school then? Studying anything interesting this year?

Quick about me... Name's Nicole, go by Nicki mostly these days, 22, slightly crazy (sorry, mostly crazy), addicted to Roswell (obviously), Doctor Who (ditto, as you can see by my sig), fanfic in general (studying is SO overrated...) and my cable TV and broadband Internet.

Taking a librarian course. Work for KFC in the CBD (you will hear MANY complaints about my hours here...frelling 5am closes). Um...and that's the main points.

Yeah. Welcome to chat anytime. Wait til we get back to planning our meetup. We were going to have it over summmer, but plans changed.

Guys, where are we at with that, btw? I'm going to check again with Craig if he's interested- always comes to Melb for the Grand Final so there's a time we could aim for as well - he's a 'once a couple of months' visitor round here. We'll see, anyhow.

Nicki