Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Melbourne Central railway station? Sorry, but where's that? I'm coming in from the country lazza so I'll be coming in to Spencer St (Southern Cross) Station, and my trains only arrive 2 hourly, so I'll be there early probably. But I can always wait at Dymocks or Krispy Kreme. :D

ladylou
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Hey all.

Jo, I can meet up with you early babe, no drama's there ok? You can kick my bum over redemption yeah? :P And Spencer street is definitely the way to go.

I had a good time away thanks guys. I needed this so badly. We marked the three month mark on Wednesday for dad, and poor Lisa (Aussietrueblue) coped me howling on the phone Thursday night.

I'm doing ok now. It just takes time right? And as for KK...can I get a HELL YEAH!! Dave would divorce my ass if I didn't bring him some home.

Nicki...where do you live babe? Coz Narre Warren is in my neck of the woods. As for PMing...how about some phone numbers to set the whole thing rolling? I can pm you all my number if you like.

Missed you all. Cheers: Kerri.
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

welcome back kerri! glad 2 hear u had a good trip! and condolences about ur dad... jst remember all the good times :lol:
and good on you lisa for being sucha sweetheart

well as 4 the rest of us who've been in melbourne the past week.. u know u've really screwed up the planet (And its not jst the greenies trying 2 scare u) when u get two 30degree days in a row

in the middle of october

... its horrible cause i saw this thing on the news maybe two months ago, about one of those lil fishing village islands, and the sea levels rising so badly that pretty soon they won't have an island anymore.. adn the worst part is they hardly even contribute to global warming.. seeing as they have little amounts of technology... and its jst so horrible, but at the same time i sit here typing away for hours on my comp with lights and tv and...
im a hypocrite i know
but its still horrible that they have to suffer 4 our blunders with the planet =P

1pm sounds good... leaves me ample time to drag my ass outta bed, catch the train adn still look presentable
plus as lazza said, good time left for shoppin

well hope u all have a brill weekend... hugz, vee
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

I'm going to be driving in anyway, I'm so over trains from working in the city for years if I can I drive.
So more than happy to meet people/pick people up in the way. I live near Southland, or about 25 mins south of Melbourne.

Actually I was making plans today and someone said December 2nd and I'm all 'Hmm I know I have something on that day....but what is it??' It took me forever to remember, it's now in the diary.
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

So we're setting it in concreat yeah? Saturday the 2nd of December, at around what time? Lunch at 1.00pm so what time shuld we actually meet up?
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

I guess it depends where we're meeting...a station at say 12.15 would give everyone HEAPS of time to get to the markets for 1pm..however I know some people are catching trains which only come every few hours, so they may want to set a time and us city folk can work around them. :wink:
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Hey all.

I hate homework... will get back to it after I've finished here...

Will be sending PMs with my mobile no so I can be contacted. I'm happy to meet earlier too, btw. I'm gonna be awake, anyway, so... (mental note: make sure work doesn't roster me the overnight)

On a side note, Jo, Melbourne Central Station is near the State Library, at the north end of Swanston St....it used to be called Museum, if anyone can remember that far back. :) My mum still calls it that on occasion.

I live on the west, actually, just past Footscray. But my dad's out Narre Warren (vaguely), so I go there sometimes. Actually had a dream last night I was at NW's Krispy Kremes store.

Oh, and I just applied for a job at Chadstone's upcoming store. Anyone who's interested... Vee.

Oh and with the PMs, anyone I miss, let me know.

Off to send the PMs and then homework....after I catch up at the CBB and DW fanfic...

Nicki
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Thanks Kerri that would be lovely of you to meet me early. I'm going to go to the local train station tomorrow morning (it's only staffed in the mornings) to double check on costs and times for Saturdays, and then, when I get to Melbourne, I will put myself in your hands and let you lead me around like a puppy! LOL.

I'm going to hold off sharing my mobile number with everyone though, because my mobile is basically dead, and I have to scrape together $60.00 to pay out the contract early in order to get a new phone that doesn't drop out the call every 2 minutes. Can you believe it even dropped out when a potential employer was talking to me? Grrr!

ladylou
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Nicki ~ got your pm babe. You should all get a pm from me shortly wih my number.
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by lazza »

Well it looks like it's all coming together... :) Let's hope it's not a really hot day or we'll all melt!!

Just wondering on the numbers? From what I can tell they'll be about 10 right?