Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Nikki, is it gonna be just you and me? LOL

ladylou
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Vee wrote: yah i duno if i can make it on saturday either... i have school camp the day after and i will have jst finishd my xams the day before.... and im pretty sure one of my mates is holding her sweet sixteenth on the fri... so...
Aw, Vee! Nah, it's ok. Have to celebrate end of exams with friends. And bdays are important. (I can count more than once my parents have forgotten mine! Actually forgotten, not pretended to have forgotten) And camps are good. That's probably what I miss most about school- camps. Going anywhere interesting?
ladylou wrote: Nikki, is it gonna be just you and me? LOL
Might be! :lol: Haven't seen Lazza about here for a while.

How much pizza and Krispy Kremes do you think we could eat between us?

...I don't know, but probably enough to make us sick!

Nicki
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Nikki, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings my dear, but I can't make the 2nd any more. Relatives have just phoned up to say that that is the only day they can come visit us before Christmas. They wanted to come a week earlier, but alas I'm working that day - 16 hours if I'm unlucky. Think of me as you vote. I'll be the fool sitting behind the table, with the felt pen and the ruler, asking if you have voted before in this election at 8.00 am in the morning!!!

Have a Krispy Kreme for me.

Can we organise this for January? Please?

ladylou
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

hey guys. laura (lazza) is overseas right now, so i think maybe reorganising it would be a great idea. i dunno about jan, but if this is any help, cowlady (nat) is coming over here in late september...and lisa (aussietrueblue) will be crashing with us for a few days...just a thought...
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Ok, yeah, reorganising it. Not much fun if I'm the only one... :D

Whatever works for me. We could have one in Jan and one in Sept, even. Any ideas when Laura gets back?

Oh, we're all looking forward to election day voting, aren't we? I'm thinking whichever party promises me a 5:30 Nightrider service. It's not enough they're reducing the fare, I need a later service. And one that goes closer to home...I have a 45 minute walk from the bus stop.

OR I can donkey'vote. :lol: Or not. It'n not like I'm going to be happy with whoever wins. They'll screw it up somehow...

It's times like these I envy people like Vee- *she* doesn't have to vote....

Oh well. Catch y'all later

Nicki

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

Aussie_Dreamer wrote:Ok, yeah, reorganising it. Not much fun if I'm the only one... :D

Whatever works for me. We could have one in Jan and one in Sept, even. Any ideas when Laura gets back?

Oh, we're all looking forward to election day voting, aren't we? I'm thinking whichever party promises me a 5:30 Nightrider service. It's not enough they're reducing the fare, I need a later service. And one that goes closer to home...I have a 45 minute walk from the bus stop.

OR I can donkey'vote. :lol: Or not. It'n not like I'm going to be happy with whoever wins. They'll screw it up somehow...

It's times like these I envy people like Vee- *she* doesn't have to vote....

Oh well. Catch y'all later

Nicki
i dnt have to vote :lol:
but i say all YAY 4 the party promising free public transport for students
and i agree, later services are better
and omg last sunday i went to u2...
and i dnt care how old bono is, or that his daughters my age (or if u wanan be really technical... shez lyk a year older)... that man is sexc
and the rest of the band can PLAY...
i got up @ 6am to be at telstra dome by 8am.. but it was well worth the hours of standing and sacrificing my ass to the hard concrete floor jst to see them (And kanye wasnt bad! but half the crowd was jst talking over it annoying pplz =P)
well hope u're all good
and as for a reschedule i totally agree, thou i'm warning u i'll be in japan in september
jan sounds good 2 me
catchyaz all l8erz
vee xxooo
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Geez, I hope I remember to vote. I'm working a 14 (if I'm lucky) hour day tomorrow. But I'm well within spitting distance of a polling booth. LOL. I'm in a polling booth. So remember, when we ask you those dorky questions at 8.00 am in the morning (like who has voted anywhere else in this election, at the beginning of polling unless it's a postal vote?) we're required by law to ask them!

January sounds great, but the family and I may be away for a few days. If we're not camping at Warrnambool, I'll be there.

ladylou
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

Hey all...I'm back and feel like crap :?

So it's off this weekend? Properly not a bad idea for me since I have SOOO much to catch up on and work is being a major piece of shit and making me work full time, which they said they wouldn't do for a few weeks....I need sleep!!

Anyway I'm not going away again for about 6 months except to Adelaide for a weekend in Jan for a friends 18th (which I think is wrong as I'm sure she's only 12 still!! :cry: ) so whenever is fine with me.

Hope all is well with everyone and such, and now I have to go to work!
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

January is fine by me, but not 13th or 20th. We got a cancellation booking for a week at a Caravan park in Warrnambool that week. Sounds like a fun time doesn't it? LOL.

ladylou
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

lazza wrote:Hey all...I'm back and feel like crap :?
Welcome back! Hope you had fun overseas...it's on my list of things to do eventually. And hope you don't feel so much like crap anymore.
lazza wrote: So it's off this weekend? Properly not a bad idea for me since I have SOOO much to catch up on and work is being a major piece of shit and making me work full time, which they said they wouldn't do for a few weeks....I need sleep!!
Tell me about it. I think I'm a glutton for punishment... I haven't gotten a proper night's sleep in weeks. Mostly self-inflicted, but work's been a factor.
At least you're getting hours. I only got rostered 9 hours for this week and I've worked them already. How the bleep do they expect me to pay my bills...and on top of that, why the bleep did they promise me more hours and fulltime if they weren't going to come through on that?
Wrote an amazingly polite note to the roster manager, hopefully she'll take it into account for next week. Was all I could do NOT to be sarcastic and rude!

lazza wrote: Anyway I'm not going away again for about 6 months except to Adelaide for a weekend in Jan for a friends 18th (which I think is wrong as I'm sure she's only 12 still!! :cry: ) so whenever is fine with me.
Scary, isn't it? Everyone's growing up...was shocked to realise today that I have a five year high school reunion next year!
And on top of that, the first twins have just finished year 12. *I* haven't done that yet!

lazza wrote: Hope all is well with everyone and such, and now I have to go to work!
All is well, there's a link to myspace on page 10 of this thread, and later this week I'll be putting up pictures of the babies. Munchkin, Bobbles and Aria. (We haven't come up with a nickname for her yet...)

I've got to go, it's nearly 6:30 and I have to get ready for the rally. Historic first- I'm going to the MCG rally today. My first rally...well, if people in power wouldn't keep screwing me over, I'd just leave it. I've had *enough*.

Nicki