Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

haha procrastination?
i have exams nxt wk and im on both this site and myspace (at the same time) and am simply filling out "did u know" surveys abt myself and not posting them...
very productive.
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

pLANETv33n3ss wrote:haha procrastination?
i have exams nxt wk and im on both this site and myspace (at the same time) and am simply filling out "did u know" surveys abt myself and not posting them...
very productive.
Oh, extremely...

Good luck with your exams. Hope you did/will do alright. Just remember, it's not the end of the world if you don't do as well as you hope in these exams. Just wait til your finals at the end of yr 12.... *smirk*

Sorry, being mean. I take back those last sentences. Except for the well wishes. I meant those.

Oh, the Rosfic over at FF.N is called The Offer...I don't know if anyone's read it yet. Like I said, good reading....when you have time...

Torchwood starts tonight! (9:40pm on Ten) Yay! And Season three (technically, since it's the Christmas Special first) Doctor Who starts June 30th, 7:30pm (ABC)

Is there a dancing emoticon? {hurries to look, comes back disappointed}

Some people, I've found, don't want to watch TW because they didn't like Jack, or they don't like the idea of a 'Doctor Who for grown-ups'...fair enough I suppose. It's different, I'll give you that. I still liked it... Anyone who will watch it, let me know what you think when it starts...
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Hey Aussie Dreamer! and all the other Aussies! Guess what I found in the $12.95 bin at JB Hi-Fi? Yep! Shooting Livien. That easy. Go look! (The special features are crap, but what do you expect?)

AD, the entire household has fallen for The Doctor here. Mind you, it's very hard to explain to my own personal Dalek (you remember him, 9 years old, could charm the stars from the sky?) that the Dr had other assistants before Rose, and that he looked different before. But he'll get there!

Keep in touch!

ladylou
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Will keep a look out. Have a limited budget at the moment, though I'll be getting more money soon, but I just spend 50 bucks at at second hand book shop.

Hm, how to explain to a nine year old...could always get some of the classics on DVD. :) I've got heaps, but still many, many more to collect!

I own The Five Doctors, which was...interesting. And Tom Baker's first story, Robot, has just come out. Might get that next week, if I can avoid secondhand shops for awhile!

If you want to borrow any, just ask and I can send 'em your way. Can send you a list.

On a different topic, the KFCs down your way have got these scratchie cards at the moment where you could win 1gb iPod shuffle or ticket specials for Sovereign Hill, if you're interested. Have to confess some of the staff at my work have been going through our cards looking for the iPods, but fortunately for the customers, they've missed a few!

Nicki

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Okay, KFC for lunch on Monday for the kids (last day of the school holidays, hoo-blinking-ray!). Do you think if I said "Nicki says you have to give me an ipod card" that they will? LOL.

Thanks for the idea. We have party day soon (my cousin and his two children and my family) where we get together to celebrate all 4 kids birthdays at once, so i'm looking for present ideas. I could suggest that to Mrs Cousin for the Dalek's gift. LOL.

ladylou
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

ladylou wrote:Okay, KFC for lunch on Monday for the kids (last day of the school holidays, hoo-blinking-ray!). Do you think if I said "Nicki says you have to give me an ipod card" that they will? LOL.
Hmm...maybe not... they've probably all gone by now, anyway. :)

If you haven't already got it (since I'm sending this first and I figure you've already checked your mail), I'm sending you a list of all the classics I own. See email for details.

Nicki

Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Okay, it's sad that it's been months since anyone posted. It's even sadder that it was me.

Let's see, new... I have a shiny new laptop. With wireless. Bonus is my neighbour has an unsecured network. I should probably feel guilty...

Work's been okay. Though I'd probably be more upset about all these new full time people essentially nicking my shifts if i needed the money a bit more. Words fail me on some of the new staff...

Family's doing well. James, my 4yo bro with Aspberger's, is in speech therapy and now can say 'fish' instead of 'bish'. Second Twins are now one. Gorgeous as ever.

Going to jet now and add more later, but one final add on - did you guys know during the last week was the eighth anniversary of Ros premiering in the US? I know it took us months later to get it, but that's pretty cool, yeah?

Nicki

cassie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cassie »

That just makes me want to secure my wireless, but I'm much to lazy to bother to do that. I can't believe that it's been 8 years!
Craig Beatty
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

Post by Craig Beatty »

Dear Nicki

Yes you're so right. Time does fly!! :lol:

On the Doctor, I have noticed it's been a while since the Doctor was shown in repeats from Hartnell, on ABC TV. I only caught the repeats from the second Dr but John Pertwee is my favourite. I did like the chap with the curley hair and long scarves, Tom Baker!!

Take care. 8)
“But she’s only 17.”
“I was 16.”
“He’s 21 and out of college.”
“And has loved her all his life. Sound familiar?” (Max and Liz in Carol's Chameleon)

The original number 1 fan of Carol's fic! LOL
Lessie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

Post by Lessie »

Is there anyone alive in here?

Just dropping by to wish all my fellow Aussies a happy 2009!

Leslie
People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I'm not arrogant, I'm focused. I don't make demands. I don't tell you how it should be. I'll give you f***ing options, and it's up to you to select or throw 'em away. That should be the headline: If you're insecure, don't f***ing call.
-Russell Crowe