Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Bad luck about getting temporarily blocked out- nightmare when that happens. And now, the next couple of times you try to log in, you'll automatically type in your old password, before going 'no, wait, *that's* not right. I had to *change* it...'

Didn't see a Target...though apparently we were about halfway between Geelong and North Geelong Stations...
But, yeah, judging from what I could of the map, we did seem a little ways off the city centre. City itself get a little busy now and then, does it?
I guess if Melb itself is a little out of the way, got to make your own fun...

Little disappointed in myself right now. Room still looks like a bomb's hit it, so I haven't been able to reward myself with renting SL. Have the day off tomorrow so I'll see how I go.

On the bright side, as bad as my room is, my housemate's is worse...

Now I just have to find a DVD I borrowed off a friend. Where it's gone, I have no idea, cos I've looked EVERYWHERE.

Nicki
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

Well before I lived in Melbourne (and Adelaide) I lived in mining towns. Towns that were so small you got excited about a 6 hour return drive to go to Target.....and if you were going to Hungry Jacks on the trip, well you didn't sleep the night before.

If you needed shoes, you brought them from the Service Station...no where else to buy them. Good times (this could be why I have shoes that cost me $300 in my wardrobe...making up for lost time)

When we made our twice yearly 3 day drive to Melbourne,we used to watch the ads on TV not the shows....yep all we ever got was ABC which had no ads. (again, I'm making up for lost time :wink: )
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Sounds terrifyin'.

Yeah, I'd be making up for lost time too... Having money for food is overrated sometimes, isn't it?

Oh, and anyone who was looking forward to Torchwood...read this and cry.

http://torchwoodtv.blogspot.com/2007/02 ... ralia.html

But look on the bright side...UK DVDs are usually compatible with Aussie players, even if your player is (bizarrely) Region 4 only.

Part 1 (First 5 eps) is already out and only $20 bucks on eBay. I'm holding out for the box set and watching it on youtube...

Nicki

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
Craig Beatty
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Craig Beatty »

G'day All, especially Jo and Nicky

NOW I understand Nikki's email to me! I'm usually not very intuitive but I thought there was something more to her reply when I posted the Herald Sun transplant story to a Roswell group we're both members of. I was meaning to email you back but kept thinking maybe I shouldn't. I appear to have had an 'intuitive moment!' They are very rare! :D

Now now Jo, Geelong. <sigh> Supporting the team that started the descent of Geelong from their fairytale season last year, I've felt a little awkward ever since. Having been a member of Hawthorn for 18 years, I watched that game on tape for months afterwards! I cannot believe what happened to Geelong last year. It was painful.

Now Roswell's finished I must say I really enjoy watching Emilie de Raven on Lost and Katy on Gray's Anatomy! Hearing Emilie in an Aussie accent is soooo strange.

Anyone watching Heroes?

Sorry I've been so quiet but the cricket has kept me mesmorised. Between The Ashes, watching An Aussie Goes Balmy and just the hype I think I missed out on Summer!

Take care.
“But she’s only 17.”
“I was 16.”
“He’s 21 and out of college.”
“And has loved her all his life. Sound familiar?” (Max and Liz in Carol's Chameleon)

The original number 1 fan of Carol's fic! LOL
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Taking a break from cleaning and my DW puzzle.

Is okay, Craig. Forgotten I hadn't mentioned the details about the donor when I found out. Posted it here, but I must've gotten distracted before I checked emails, then later thought I had mentioned it.

I swear that made sense when I was typing it...

..though I do remember it was me that posted the article at the group...I'm still waiting for inquiry results.

Not going to contact the family, by the way. Besides the fact it'd be impossible to stay out of the media circus for myself, I talked it over with Rae and she wants nothing to do with it. I'm respecting her decision. She had a minor arguement with one of Mum's brothers over it, since he wanted to contact the family, but I think they've sorted it through now.

Been watching Heroes...so much as I can. I had to work when third ep was on and timer record didn't work *but* my dad has the first 11 episodes and my older brother has the first fifteen (he uses Torrent...)
I just have to wait til I next go to Dad's before I can catch up. Hopefully next weekend. Or the one after. Would've gone this, but I was unwell Friday, and didn't want to risk infecting babies.

Liking what I'm seeing so far...

And Craig, cricket...well, let's just say it's not my fave sport. :lol: Dad used to play though. Wasn't too bad, but an excuse for us kids to muck about...and occasionally get into trouble!
The hand made cart we once found...that was a disaster waiting to happen!

Anyway, going to youtube to rewatch Torchwood.

At one stage we're going to have to rethink when we might meet up. Pick a holidays and go with it? Or, I think some people mentioned interstate people coming at some stage this year? Work around that if we can...

Nicki

ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Oh geez. i'm speechless and can barely type straight. I just saw the trailer for Skinwalkers....................... oik. the chest. the abs, the...... gotta say girls, definitely do not embarras the man in your life by going to see it with him then drooling over the movie screen all night.

There's a link to the trailer on the Skinwalkers thread of the Jason Behr board at FanForum.

Enjoy.

ladylou
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Hey all, quick popping in. Don't have home net access anymore...scary how no one's been here for so long... not hugely surprising considering past history. :P

Re Skinwalkers...when's that coming out? I don't have time to check trailers and imdb considering how little time I've got on these public computers. Plus...the looks on passersby...

Update on the inquiry with the donor and all that...apparently the inquiry is going to take 6-12 months! I guess they want to be thorough...

Hmm. Vee hasn't been here for awhile..guess she must be busy with school. And everyone else is busy with kids and/or work. My sympathies... work's a killer.

Oh, and finished my puzzle! took a bit longer than planned because it took me a week to find a piece that had fallen between catalogue pages on a chair.

Nicki

ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Hey Nicki, re Skinwalkers - sources suggest that Lions Gate has pushed it back to June, yet again. Someone over on FF suggested an emailing campaign?

ladylou
con angel
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by con angel »

Dear god it's been so long since I've been here. I'm such a horrible horrible girl...
<center>

Don't go home with someone after a date if...
1. They twitch oddly all night.
2. They talk about their odd assortment of rashes.
3. They ask if you want to come over to see their knife collection.</center>
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

Aussie_Dreamer wrote:
Hmm. Vee hasn't been here for awhile..guess she must be busy with school. And everyone else is busy with kids and/or work. My sympathies... work's a killer.
no i haven't been on in a while... school's been pretty killer, and even now on hols i have a tone of homework
... tht's piling up in the corner as i speak cause i cant be bothered to do it
i'm a total slacker... it's so bad
newayys jst popping by to say hi and a very happy easter to all
i hope u all enjoy the oppotunity to eat choccies till u're sick, i know i will :wink:
catchyaz vee xxooo