Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Guysgirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Guysgirl »

Hi Kerri
Thanks for the welcome . lm from Geelong
Debbie
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Very welcome Debbie. Jo's from Geelong too. Would you be interested in a rosweelian's convention "australian style" in early december?
Guysgirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Guysgirl »

Kerri
yeah that would be good .thanks for asking .l went to one in geelong years ago ,think before the end of Season 1 .
Debbie
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

No worries Debbie.

OK guys. If we can narrow down a date, we can then narrow down a time to meet up on.

How does either Saturday December the 1st or Sunday the 2nd of December sound guys?
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

kerri240879 wrote:No worries Debbie.

OK guys. If we can narrow down a date, we can then narrow down a time to meet up on.

How does either Saturday December the 1st or Sunday the 2nd of December sound guys?
honey saturday is the 2nd and sunday is teh third.. but yeah saturday is beter 4 me... cause i finish school (and my black belt tae kwon do exam!) on the 1st of december (the friday) and then i have school camp on the 4th... so i'll probz be held in on the third...

so second sounds good
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

December 2nd is good for me too, provided the Election (Nov 25) doesn't have any kind of problem cause I work on them. And Dec 9 is out, as it's hubby's birthday.

Guysgirl What part of Geelong are you in? Where did you have your Geelong meeting? I went to one at La Porchetta in Grovedale once.

ladylou
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

The 2nd is good for me too guys. Anyone else?
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Hey all! Geez, I spend a few nights reading Doctor Who fic and suddenly there's new people and a date semi-set. Everything's happening.

Welcome Debbie! I'm Nicki.

2nd sounds good to me. I don't normally work days and they're learning not to ask me to do Sat overnights...

Okay, I'm thinking lunchtime. Toss up between traditional Aussie BBQ, or fast food/restaurant. I saw La Porchetta mentioned as a previous...that wouldn't be a bad idea to go for.
Any preferences on places to go? I'm not fussed.

Nicki
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

BBQ might get a bit messy, but LaPorchetta sounds great! Do we know where it is in the city? And from what Jo said, she'll be getting into the city early coz of the v line trains. I'm happy to get in there around 10.30ish.
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

There's a few...

One near Queen Vic markets, one near South Yarra station, and there's also a Pizza Hut on Bourke St (One on hand, I get staff discount at PH, on the other, LP tastes better :))

If we go to Queen Vic, we can do shopping, too. (That'd get Xmas out of the way!)

I'm good to come in whenever.

Nicki

PS Going to Adelaide for a week or so, but I'll try to pop in occasionally.
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'