Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Lessie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lessie »

WTH is wrong with everyone? Lol j/k But seriously, why is this thread so dead? :roll:

Anyhow, got to run Aussies. Work hard. Play harder.
People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I'm not arrogant, I'm focused. I don't make demands. I don't tell you how it should be. I'll give you f***ing options, and it's up to you to select or throw 'em away. That should be the headline: If you're insecure, don't f***ing call.
-Russell Crowe
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Lessie wrote:But seriously, why is this thread so dead?
Got no ideas there, Less. People are losing interest.

Hm.

We could try and arrange the meetup again. :D

Say... Summer?

There's not really much else going on, is there?

Which is why this is so short...

Nicki
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Had to come by and spread the news...

Aussie icon Steve Irwin died today. He was filming a documentary in Queensland when a stingray pierced his heart. He was rushed to hospital, but was pronouncd DOA.

Websites and radio were flooded today with respondents, and flowers have been streaming in to the Australian Zoo.

Perhaps not loved by all, it is without a doubt Irwin was a monumental figure in Australian culture, and will be missed.

He was 44.

Nicki

PS. In good news...my stepmum had her twins two weeks ago. Healthy boy (Asher) and girl (Aria) who are two of the cutest babies I've ever seen. (I'm not biased, I swear!)

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

Aussie_Dreamer wrote:Had to come by and spread the news...

Aussie icon Steve Irwin died today. He was filming a documentary in Queensland when a stingray pierced his heart. He was rushed to hospital, but was pronouncd DOA.

Websites and radio were flooded today with respondents, and flowers have been streaming in to the Australian Zoo.

Perhaps not loved by all, it is without a doubt Irwin was a monumental figure in Australian culture, and will be missed.

He was 44.

Nicki

PS. In good news...my stepmum had her twins two weeks ago. Healthy boy (Asher) and girl (Aria) who are two of the cutest babies I've ever seen. (I'm not biased, I swear!)
okay so steve irwin wasn't my favourite person... being a big fan of teh travelling it is rather annoying having ppl associate u entirely with the word "crikeyy"

however it is terrible news, a wife and two young kids... plus he did a great deal for the animal kingdom, so r.i.p.

on the good news nicki... yay!!!! tell ur stepmother ur random internet buddy says congrats! ... i'm sure she'd love that, and give the kids a friendly tickle on my behalf!

news from me? school is a biatch atm what with term finishing in two weeks...
nothing much else...

the u2 concert is in 73 days...

summers not long after that... =D

ttfn, vee
xoxo

ps the weather in melbourne 2day was shyte... and what a bummer after that lovely lil warm spot last week =P
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Hey all, how are we? I'm up for meeting up in the summer if we can organise it. Any idea's where? I know Lazza and I are in Melbourne as is Jo.
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Hey all!

Vee, Tracey has been very amused by all the congratulations from random strangers (to her) that she's been getting.
The babies are gorgeous, and as soon as I figure out how to put pictures on here, I'll do it.

I know how you feel about school, btw. Last minute homework's a bitch, isn't it?

Okay, summer. Vee and I are both Melb too, so that's ok. Any out of towners? I seem to remember at least one of us was Adelaide...
Craig's Sydney, but I'm not sure if he could make it. I'll email him later and see if he's interested.
Question is...when. I'm thinking before Xmas. Afterwards it'll probably get too hot to do much of anything. Plus there's preparing for the new school year during Jan, and at least Vee has to worry there, and I'm studying next year too.

At one of my other fan groups (nonRoswell), we do quizzes each 'Gather'. I could probably make up a few if anyone's interested...see how much we really know. :)

...Or remember... :twisted:

Location...since we're mainly Melb...I'm thinking I could probably hold it at my place. I've got heaps of room, and extra in case we run late and people need to stay over. My housemates won't mind.
My last Gather we were talking well past midnight - and we'd started late morning.
Any other suggestions welcome though. We could just hang out at the Botannical Gardens or something. I'm not fussy.

Nicki

PS. About my 'healthy addiction' to Krispy Kremes I mentioned awhile back...that's going to get awkward when the Collins/Spencer St store opens on Tues 26th Sep at 6:30am.
I *work* in the city. This could be bad...

kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

I agree before xmas Nicki, coz i've got two kids myself, one of which is just a bubby. My son starts kinder next year...yikes! I think it would probably be best to meet in the city, because it's so central for everyone. As I said, Lazza and I are in the eastern suburbs, Jo's down Geelong way. Where are you and Vee?
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

I'm *fairly* certain Vee is east.
I'm in the west. Zone 1, which makes my transport relatively cheap.

Nicki

PS. How *is* baby Isabel? They're so adorable when they're little. Though James (now 3) looked a little ETish when he was born...

N
Last edited by Aussie_Dreamer on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

:D Half your luck darl! I'm in zone's 1,2 & 3...Grrr!!! I'll just drive in anyway, and I could probably pick Lazza up. Either way, I'll get in touch with Lazza, and should we try to sort something out? I can also get in touch with aussietrueblue (Lisa) and see if she wants to head down from New Castle, coz she can crash with me for the weekend.
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

umm... im in zone one and 2... im fairly sure.. haha i live right near chadstone shopping centre... so yes,
but yeah the city would probably be best for me in terms of meeting... cause usually my parents take me everywhere but if its teh city i could catch a train there and back and they wouldnt know a thing... haha yes i know bad grl but seriously... a 15 year old meeting ppl she met on the internet...
my parents would be thrilled
and i agree, before christmas is good =D

oh and on another note... I FINISHED SCHOOL 2DAY FOR TWO WEEKS =D
its a very good day