Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Weatherwise...eep. Yeah, hope it's not too hot either. Start of summer could mean it'll be hot - on the other hand, this IS Melbourne. Weather changes about every two seconds.

Haven't actually counted who's coming.

Let's see, by username, inc me:

Aussie_Dreamer
kerri240879 (NB Got your PM)
ladylou
lazza
pLANETv33n3ss

Anyone else?

By the way, will hear in the next day or two whether or not I've got the job at KK. Fingers crossed, yeah?

Nicki
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

Aussie_Dreamer wrote:Weatherwise...eep. Yeah, hope it's not too hot either. Start of summer could mean it'll be hot - on the other hand, this IS Melbourne. Weather changes about every two seconds.

Haven't actually counted who's coming.

Let's see, by username, inc me:

Aussie_Dreamer
kerri240879 (NB Got your PM)
ladylou
lazza
pLANETv33n3ss

Anyone else?

By the way, will hear in the next day or two whether or not I've got the job at KK. Fingers crossed, yeah?

Nicki
i have to say, i'm not a deff... its the weekend after my exams... meaning my friends'll wanna party AND i have camp like the day after... but i will try my best
and yeah something lyk 25 degrees sounds nice to me... skirt weather but not "omg im going 2 die of dehydration..."

and oo KK =D they were giving out free ones last weekend... mmm KK...
good luck nicki!

vee xxoo
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Hopefully this does come together, but if not, we can always reorganise for a later date. I'll be pming out my mobile number soon...a new phone which Ty will not flush down the toilet!
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

kerri240879 wrote:Hopefully this does come together, but if not, we can always reorganise for a later date. I'll be pming out my mobile number soon...a new phone which Ty will not flush down the toilet!
down the toilet?? ... nice work hehe
well jst dropping by to say DAYLIGHT SAVINGS SUCKS
my mom went to singapore yesterday to visit her family... so its me and dad for a while... and today my alarm didnt go off so i got up and had 20 minutes 2 get changed... get food... get lunch sumhow and get to school
... and i showed up at my strict on uniform private girls school wearing one black sock and one pink... (this is what u get 4 being lazy) instead of the regulation creamy-white
... however sun is always good =D so... longer days aren't too bad i spose
vee
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Oip. Haven't been 'round for awhile.

For the record, I blame work. Still, they're offering me (finally) fulltime hours *officially*, rather than the extra hours I get when someone cancels and all that.

More rostered hours is a bonus.

Ty reminds me of that flashback Simpsons episode. "bye bye phone" ... Was that a good phone? Cos that would be bad....but it's an excuse to buy a new phone. I'm on the verge myself, but I'll keep the old number.

And yeah, Daylight Savings sucks and is pointless and I want someone to give me a clear and very good reason why we observe it. It just serves to complicate things.

Have to go. Printing off some trivia q's for my housemate.

Nicki

PS. Started writing a Doctor Who/Roswell fic...anyone interested in reading/beta'ing?

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Should I be worried that it's near a week and no one's posted?

Kidding of course, sure everyone's busy with family/work/study. And anything else.

Just decided to check in to see if everyone was still alive. Um. Probably. :)

Gotta go. Heaps of evil homework to do.

Nicki

pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

exams are in 12 days... and i've barely started
can u spell "screwed"?

i've visited krispy kreams (i've had them b4 but this time i actually went and bought them myself!) at chaddy, ... the lines aren't too bad, considering its the 3rd one i guess ppl have calmed down,
and nicks im gessing u didnt take the job? well i hope kfcs making up 4 it!

well its FIVE DAYS TILL U2... sunday!!! =D

mmm thats really all i have to contribute =P
hope everyones doing well.... anywas off now to attempt some actual study
ttfn! xxoo
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

hey guys. sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to pull out of our city trip. I've got to work that Saturday, and as I'm getting paid cash, I really can't knock it back. Sorry all! Hope you are all well.
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Vee wrote: exams are in 12 days... and i've barely started
can u spell "screwed"?
Ouch. Good luck.
Vee wrote: nicks im gessing u didnt take the job? well i hope kfcs making up 4 it!
Oh yeah. Like I said, transferring to full time. And the managers look like they might actually listen to me on some things. {Cough}Roger{cough}procedure{cough}
Vee wrote: well its FIVE DAYS TILL U2... sunday!!! =D
Yay! Have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do! ...Hmm. Try not to spend too much money on merchandise, 'k?
Kerri wrote: sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to pull out of our city trip. I've got to work that Saturday, and as I'm getting paid cash, I really can't knock it back. Sorry all!
Fair enough. Money's very important, and it's good to make as much as you can. We'll have to have another one another time so you and anyone else who can't come this time can come then.

Mind, if it ends up being only me who shows... :P Kodding. Like I said, money's important. Don't work too hard. Got to keep happy and healthy for the bub!

Nicki

pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

Aussie_Dreamer wrote:
Kerri wrote: sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to pull out of our city trip. I've got to work that Saturday, and as I'm getting paid cash, I really can't knock it back. Sorry all!
Fair enough. Money's very important, and it's good to make as much as you can. We'll have to have another one another time so you and anyone else who can't come this time can come then.

Mind, if it ends up being only me who shows... :P Kodding. Like I said, money's important. Don't work too hard. Got to keep happy and healthy for the bub!

Nicki
yah i duno if i can make it on saturday either... i have school camp the day after and i will have jst finishd my xams the day before.... and im pretty sure one of my mates is holding her sweet sixteenth on the fri... so...