English thread 2

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Favourite Reality Show?

Dancing on Ice
20%
Strictly Come Dancing
20%
Big Brother
28%
Im a Celebrity, Get me out of here
16%
Fame Academy
No votes
X Factor
16%

Total votes: 25

madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

English thread 2

Post by madroswellfan »

New English thread!
:)
Thought I'd start this with a poll....
Favourite Reality show?
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Mine has to be Big Brother. I know the main 'group' of people who seem to watch BB are chavs and I'd like to point out I am not :P I am a A-Level psychology student so I find it interesting to see people crack under the pressure of knowing millions of people are watching constantly and being confined with people who they really do not like. Mind you I haven't really watched the celeb one this year because I hate Pete and George. They are just bullies - bullying young people just because of their age and because they are bored.

I don't really watch the others. I watched X factor... I admit to that one. I didn't think shane should have won because all he will get given now is crappy poppy numbers and will only do one song like the rest of the X factor lot have. The only popstar that has ever really gained from these 'contests' is Will Young and only because it was a brand new concept. Now it isn't so much and the winners of these contests have their fifteen minutes of fame then disappear into the background when the losers take the limelight.

I wish I could get myself into Dancing on Ice. But I doubt I will ever really get myself into it.

I once loved reality TV, but now I just find my head buried in my fanfic and my boxsets. Reality TV has gotten so samey and we find that the TV companies are just trying to out do each other with same concepts. I am getting bored with it; but that is just me. What does everyone else think?
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

I hate reality shows. I seriously hate them with a passion. They are evil.
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

hehe. Like most people I know. :D
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

The only reality show that I do watch is America's Next Top Model. I'm so addicted to that show.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

I don't know about you guys, but I see a new reality show and think "ok, Ill watch that..." and then I don't.
For Example when I originally posted this dancing on ice had been running for like two weeks, and so I liked it....
Since then I haven't seen it.
I think they use to be good but now theres just too many and there on for too long periods like "dancing on ice" which is 2 whole hours on a saturday! I can think of much better things to be doing!
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Ah, my sister loves Dancing on Ice. I tried to watch it but just couldn't. There are way too many reality shows at the moment.
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

There are farrrrr too many. When Big Brother hit it was original and interesting now there are more and more reality shows and its starting to bore me. Although... now I do watch dancing on ice because that's all that is on to entertain me on a mind numbingly boring sunday
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

I can’t decide which is worse. Normal reality shows or celebrity ones. The thing with celebrity ones is that the people tend to have been out of the public eye for a while and want their career to start up again or its people trying to further their careers and become more known. That said, the not famous people on the other reality shows are really just trying to get into the public eye. So eh. Have I mentioned how much I hate reality shows?
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

lol! You make very good points.
I think I prefer the celebs one....but only just....seeing people who did sort of use to entertain us is vaguely more intresting than no-bodys trying to sing etc

That said I want to audition for X Factor...lol