Was Michael Abusive?

Michael and Maria fighting/making up do it for you? Then enter the M&M Zone.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

Hmmmm.... not sure how I feel about this. Both characters are intense and passionate people so they tended to have explosive moments. But was it abusive?

No, Michael may have had his moments (Maria as well) but they were the perfect balance to each other. They both gave as good as they got, whether it be emotional or physical. It was the chemistry and the clash between such vibrant individuals that we were seeing....and we loved seeing it :D
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Ashleyt said:
both gave as good as they got, whether it be emotional or physical. It was the chemistry and the clash between such vibrant individuals that we were seeing....and we loved seeing it
I couldn't have said it better myself :wink:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Michael wasn't abusive. Hell, if he were, the guy wouldn't be given on a plate to Liz in polar fics, since many fans tend to consider that Max was abusive.

No, Michael was the best guy. That's why there are even die hard dreamers who read and write polar fics, because they want Liz to get what Maria had, Michael's love and devotion. They want Liz to be the new Maria in Michael's life, because Michael and Maria's relationship developped and grew, and some want a piece of that for Liz.

Forgetting, of course, that Michael was that great guy THANKS TO Maria's love and perseverance, and that Maria fought to get her guy.

I guess that's why I am protective of the candy relationship, Maria got what she deserved because she fought for it.
DunkBiscuit
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DunkBiscuit »

Hmmm emotionally perhaps, early on. But I think it's more to do with how Michael was emotionally immature. It could be constued as abusive though - I just think if you were talking to a friend about a boyfriend who acted the way Michael did at times they'd tell you to get the hell out of there. But I think this is just proof that no one knows a relationship like the two people that are in it, do.
Maiqu
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maiqu »

FaithfulAngel24 wrote:Ashleyt said:
both gave as good as they got, whether it be emotional or physical. It was the chemistry and the clash between such vibrant individuals that we were seeing....and we loved seeing it
I couldn't have said it better myself :wink:
me neither...
~Maii~
Candy/Stargazer/Xtremer/Drifter/Lamptrimmer..
rhea
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rhea »

AmberEyed51 wrote: And as for that whole Brendan thing saying "he didn't want to do the sex scene" or something like that, I've always heard rumors, but I've never found proof of one. I guess we'll just never know :D....
I know, it's been forever since this got posted, and everyone has moved on from there, but since I am new on the board, I guess it's ok.

Brendan at least said once that he was a virgin and that he believed people should wait until they got married (wonder if he stuck to that, knowing that he married at 29). There are movie files around showing him in an interview (I would think during season 2) where he admitted having told that to a reporter "off the record", but they printed it anyway, which is why he was asked about it by most subsequent interviewers. I know, old hat and all, just wanted to tie up that particular loose end.
singerchic4
Forum Moderator

Post by singerchic4 »

rhea, thanks for that end. I always wondered where that had come from. I'm glad you know.

Oh, and welcome to the board by the way! Great first post :D

Lindsay
If you're having a bad day and in need of a good laugh, click the siggie.
Check out my fics and art
Board ArchivesRulesFundraising
rhea
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rhea »

Thank you, Lindsay.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Was Michael Abusive?

Post by killjoy »

You know actually if you go by what happend on the show you could make the case that Maria not Michael was the one who was abusive.SHE was the one who smacked Michael around hitting him in the back of the head. :lol:
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Was Michael Abusive?

Post by xmag »

killjoy wrote:You know actually if you go by what happend on the show you could make the case that Maria not Michael was the one who was abusive.SHE was the one who smacked Michael around hitting him in the back of the head. :lol:
She did it once! I don't call that being abusive, considering the context, aka finding the guy she was madly in love with at night, in another's girl's apartment, said-girl only wearing a towel and saying that Michael was a great kisser. Michael got away lightly, Maria could have slapped him or punched him. She reacted like a normal girl, not like an abusive person.