Candy fics that you must read - discussion

Michael and Maria fighting/making up do it for you? Then enter the M&M Zone.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Jull_ana
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jull_ana »

Thanks!!! I'll go see if I can find it...
Evil Monkey

Post by Evil Monkey »

xmag wrote:I think I will start with "Mysteries", by Anla. It's one of those long, long, long fics (there must be at least 1500 pages by now, spread over three separate fics "Mysteries, Shattered, Amends").
Have to agree very much with this choice :D allthough i have not read Shattered & Amends yet :cry: Mysteries was major kick ass story :D
Well it had Candy/Gazer how could i not love it :lol:

Candy fic that i insist you read? would have to be Out Of Darkness by DocPaul
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

I love how throughout Anla's trilogy, all the characters had evolved through the situations they dealt with individually. They were living in this time of war and it affected everyone involved.

Most characters gained this dark edge where they weren't simply the "good guys" who were this image of all things good. There was this thin line between what was "good" and "bad" so it wasn't easy to classify. Tess, Rath and Shalin are great examples of this.

For the main cast itself we see them fulfilling the destiny set out for them and their belief that they had to fight in order to be happy (I always found it ridiculous that the gang completely turned their backs on the very reason for their existence. Especially since villains like Kivar usually don't stop until they've conquered EVERYWHERE).

At the end we get the gang in these new roles: Max as the effective and willing leader, Michael 's the ultimate soldier, a husband and a father, Isabelle fighting and not running away from her alien side, Alex struggling against his demons but still protecting the ones he loves, Maria as a mother and Liz as the person on the outside, dealing with the consequences of her actions. Kyle is pretty much...Kyle but he isn't ignored in these stories and he gets the girl. He actually gets 2!

My favourite part of the trilogy is that it answers a lot of my own what-if questions dealing with the disappointing plots decided upon by the writers.

I definitely recommend these fics to all no matter what the shipper. Everyone can enjoy them.

Ashley
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

I had a bit of writer's block last night and decided to reread some of my favourite fics.

Persephone's Footfalls by Elizabeth. Great fic, yet so tragic and sad. We see a different Roswell where the aliens and the humans live a co-existence of some sorts that frail with mistrust, fear and anger.

The aliens kidnapp Maria hoping to use her as blackmail. She meets Michael. It's a sad (well sad to me reading this) love, with both Michael and Maria knowing that they could never be normal...

My fav. Line (I hope I can post it here):
"I love you," he (*Michael) finally says. "I hate you for it. You're human - you're everything I've ever been taught to fear and despise. But I look at you, and I can't see you as just a human. You're Maria. You make me happy. And I love you."

Sigh....

I also reread There's Nothing Casual About Sex by Vix. Great, funny and it's not angsty(which is rare in this fandom). Michael and Maria have never gotten along and during a party she ups the stakes in the battle of wills and they decide to explore the casual nature of sex. We get a bit of M/L and A/I in here as well but it's really all about the Candy here :D

Then there was Stranger Than Fiction by KatJen. This is so unique and different. I don't want to give anything away but Isabelle and Michael have left Antar and arrive back in Roswell hoping to be with the one's they left behind. They meet up with Maria and Alex but there's something different about them... The ending was perfect.

Then Morning Comes by Ashley. Lol! This is one of the funniest fics I've read. Max and Micahel are in heat and looking for "the one". Are the girls of West Roswell High ready. And most importantly what do Liz and Maria have to say about it? Loved it. This is a great Candy/Dreamer fic.

Tempestuous by Belit. I already mentioned it on another thread but I adore this fic. Two strangers connect and continue down a path filled with passion. It's sad, happy, pretty damn hot and simply amazing.

I also read every single Aelita fic I could find.

I had a lot of time on my hands :lol:
Banner by Mel
More ME: My LJ l My Fics
RhondaAnn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RhondaAnn »

Liked all the fics you mentioned, but my favorite from that bunch is probably 'Tempestuous'. Just loved the story overall. No matter what the circumstances, they were meant to be!
Michael and Maria He stayed for her and she left for him.

girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

Natandy - most of those fics you mentioned are some of my faves, especially Tempestuous, Stranger Than Fiction and Persephone's Footfalls.

The last candy fic I re-read was the wonderful and original Moonbeams Across Dewdrops by Jez. I'm not even sure if that fic is still online but luckily I've got it saved.
it's better to rise than fade away.
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

Sarah I just read it for the first time (I googled the fic) and OMG it was so good.

I loved when Michael tried to stall Liz giving birth and when he called himself Michael Deluca.

This part stood out to me the most:

I love her. It seems so. . . simple to understand how I feel about her, considering love is the most complicated and perplexing thing ever known to any species in the universe. Maria is everything. She is the light and the dark, fire and ice, consuming and amplifying. Maria built the world around me with a velvet touch, leaving me helpless in the wake of her celestial blue aura. Her voice is the breath of life that flows through this flesh encasing that I dwell inside, her name a simple ballad murmured in the cover of twilight by crickets and song birds to seduce the souls of the lonely out of the shadows and into the hearth of Aphrodite. Maria embodies everything good and pure on this small speck of a planet, despite the fact that she has been wronged in so many ways. And I love her.

I loved it! Thanks Sarah
Banner by Mel
More ME: My LJ l My Fics
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

No problem! It's so sweet and beautiful, and heartbreaking in places particularly towards the end of the fic.
it's better to rise than fade away.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

One of my favorite oldies is the fic where the aliens are in fact like greek gods and goddesses, Michael is the god of chaos and Maria a girl who prays at his temple because she is afraid that with nobody paying him tribute, he would get angry and do bad things to the people of Roswell. It's so funny !
Vael
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Candy fics that you must read - discussion

Post by Vael »

Never been a big candy fan, as i mostly enjoy UC and most UC ships i like M/M aren't given much of a chance :shock:
Other than a few ships i am totally against, pretty much any pairing i give a chance.

Passion by April a fic i not long ago started following has really captured my attention.
It's wonderfully written, frustrating ( due to M/M not actually being a couple yet) and funny as hell.
Don't know if i am biased towards the fic sinse i never found a M/M fic i like a lot until now but i would insist this to be a Candy fic that any Candy should read.

Though if you have not read it, please be warned it has a lot of uc pairings M/M will end together as for others i can't guarentee. It may not bother me but i think every reader should be warned incase uc is not their thing.

Anyway here's a link.

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a
Everyone thinks i'm a liar, well i'm a lot of things, i'm a astronaut, i'm a basketball player, i'm the president of the universe with a 14 inch cock!! But i'm not a liar.

If we're all gonna shout out what we're thinking, i've been thinking about paying a prostitute to shove bowling pins up my ass

Captain Hero