Canon discussion : discuss the show

Michael and Maria fighting/making up do it for you? Then enter the M&M Zone.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Maria was rather the intuitive kind, which explains the vibe comment. No wonder Michael and her connected in 285 South, they really send out these vibes.

But it's true that Maria was rather street smart. She was good at that investigation stuff, whether with the FBI agent, when she was looking for clues about the evil uncle Bobby and aunt Meredith, or when she was investigating Grandpa Dupree's will. Hell, she even sneaked around Laurie's house without being caught and found out that Bobby and Meredith were paying the Pine crest Institute to keep Laurie insane, there.

Not bad. Of course, Michael isn't as good but he never hesitates to claim Maria's ideas and successes for himself :lol: .
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Canon discussion : discuss the show

Post by xmag »

What's your favorite candy moment? Not necessarely a scene, or an episode, but a period of time for them?

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
spacegirl23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by spacegirl23 »

xmag wrote:What's your favorite candy moment? Not necessarely a scene, or an episode, but a period of time for them?
Hi xmag, gosh, it's so difficult to choose just one! All their scenes were great, but one that stood out was the first season's finale when Michael dumped Maria coz he was dangerous, and he loved her too much. :wink:
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

I loved that even after remembering part of his past as Rath, he still came back to Maria because she was the love of his life.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

It's so hard to choose the best candy moment/scene because there are so many. I'm in a S1 mood so I'll say that their road trip in 285 South. There was a click that happened in the universe while they drove on that highway. You could feel the connection between them.
Banner by Mel
More ME: My LJ l My Fics
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

I find funny that Michael had known Isabel for years but wasn't interested romantically in her. She just didn't appeal to him, in any way. He got to read Liz's diary, knowing her by heart but she didn't interest him either. He stole Maria's car, spent a few minutes with her and bam, he is already feeling the vibes, attracted to her, to her personality and he knew it. He is dense, but not that dense. During the trip back from Marathon, he let it slip that he knew something had happened between them.

ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

It just proves how much Michael and Maria were made for each other. Liz and Isabel were great girls but even though he'd known them first and knew them well (Isabel due to the length of their friendship, Liz because of her journal) they weren't what he wanted or needed. Ten minutes alone in a car with Maria and he'd found everything he ever wanted and needed.
Banner by Mel
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

Double post. Sorry.
Banner by Mel
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

ashleyt wrote:It just proves how much Michael and Maria were made for each other. Liz and Isabel were great girls but even though he'd known them first and knew them well (Isabel due to the length of their friendship, Liz because of her journal) they weren't what he wanted or needed. Ten minutes alone in a car with Maria and he'd found everything he ever wanted and needed.
Exactly. Michael's feelings can't be twisted, he feels what he feels, period. 285 south was like awakening from a long night, for Michael. He finally had met the girl who would be there for him and help him and love him.

ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

Michael isn't the kind of guy to beat around the bush either. The only girl that's ever been worth the time and effort to him was Maria. He tried to be romantic for her. He tried to be a better person for her. Heck he even wore a Santa suit to be around her. There's no doubt in my mind that after Michael spent time driving down 285 South in that red Jetta with Maria. He never thought of spending his life with anyone else.

He seems like a guy who wouldn't settle.
Banner by Mel