Thoughts

Love Max & Liz? Then the Dreamer place is where you want to be.

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

slicli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Thoughts

Post by slicli »

I wish TPTB behind Roswell, at the time, would have been better stewarts of the chemistry between these two actors by opting for a more stable relationship between the two characters. I know that would have been very difficult because it's the emotional suspense, tension, and drama that's most appealing to most...and there's nothing dramatic about a couple deeply in love, together, fulfilled, stable, and unshakable. Which is why the writers fabricated an emotional snafu immediately after every max/liz emotional payoff.

I understand why the do things that way but it seems like what max/liz jason/shiri had was so special and unique that it deserved sooo much more care and cultivation than future Max compelling Liz to fake losing her virginity, setting the stage for Max to truly trash his in a dumpster...that was just devestating.

Poor Liz, I hate it, absolutely...that kind of love deserves so much more. I can't begin to imagine what it would take for her spirit to survive that, let alone the overwhelming struggle to come to terms with that it actually happened; then the overwhelming struggle to accept that it can not be undone; then to accept it in all it's horrifying truth; then forgive; then learn to love him again despite the fact it was ALL ultimately HIS FAULT, past, present or future Max...all his fault.
bellaresop
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Thoughts

Post by bellaresop »

I never really thought about it like that before. That was pretty awful. Or sounds pretty awful? I actually never really got that far I don't think. I have the whole series I just haven't actually seen the whole series. I'll have to watch it all now LOL.