What attracted you to their relationship?

Love Max & Liz? Then the Dreamer place is where you want to be.

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

Mariah
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Mariah »

the way they related to each other. what drew me in was the first episode. there was always something there even though they ignored it for most of season 1.
totallizfan
Addicted Roswellian

Re: What attracted you to their relationship?

Post by totallizfan »

Kissing--that's what hooked me.

They're such great kissers.
POM

Post by POM »

Their relationship and just there devotion to each other is something not normal, it's the intense raw passion they have when they look into each others eyes and they don't have to talk--the look are words enough to explain just how much they feel for one another. It's really rare to even consider finding a man that hold a light to Max Evans these days. What attracted me with the hopeless romantic burning inside of my soul, and wishing that one day I will find what Max and Liz already have. True Love.
pru
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pru »

First and foremost it was their sizzling, slap you in the face CHEMISTRY!

Then it was the way they looked at each other.

The way they could never stay out of each others personal space when they had a conversation either alone or with others around.

Then it was the way Max touched Liz. The way he always cupped her face when he passionately kissed her. Their kisses were always like they could never get enough, but would die trying regardless.

And finally it was just that they were absolutely perfect together and had soulmates stamped all over them from the get go.
secretk
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by secretk »

I loved them from the Pilot and it is not that there was a scene, where anyone of them explained explicitly the way they feel about the other one.

It was pretty hard for me to not notice their chemistry - it is really rear to see such thing on TV nowadays.
I mean at first I started to watch these series, because it is sci-fi and I am huge fan of this genre.
After the pilot I was more fascinated by the relationships between the characters, than the alien stories.
Liz and Max were somehow perfect couple, without anyone being near to perfect.
They had their flaws, they had their mistakes and doubts and second thoughts. After all they were teenager and yet most of the mistakes they did were because they are trying to think more about the other, than about themselves.

For example at first Max did not want to be with Liz, because he wanted to protect her. He was not right, because it was her choice, but he did try to make it for her.
Then she decided to let him follow his destiny without even realizing that it is actually his choice and if he loves her, he will want to be with her.
And then this whole cheating, that was not cheating for me :lol: . I mean they were not together at the time, so no one cheated technically, but still they both got hurt, because of their bad choices.
And despite everything Liz was the one that was able to connect with Max in New York and warn him.
He saved her life and she saved his life.

Their love did beat everything and even after everything they did, they still loved each other, they still helped each other and still were behind each other most of the time(well except the end of Season 2 and the investigation of the Alex murder. This is also an example of their indestructible connection - Liz was right and wrong at the same time. She did risked their alien status and their secret, but she was also right, Alex was murdered by aliens and because of her determination to find out the truth, they all realized the truth about Tess. Max was right about protecting his identity and his family, but he was also blind and not willing to see the truth. He preferred to put his head in the sand, instead seeing that maybe there is something strange about Alex' death).

So, what I am trying to say, although maybe I got lost in the process :lol: , was that there is no need to be flawless relationship, with no problems, no fighting and no differences between the partners. A good relationship is the one that makes people to go through everything and besides that to love each other.
It is what makes people to put themselves behind the loved one, it is what makes people to be there for each other, to be willing to help each other and to be able to trust each other.
And to me, Max and Liz had all.
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

It's really hard for me to explain what really attracted me to Max and Liz Relationship. I really love Jason and Shiri chemistry. I loved the pull and push to their relationship. I loved Max in season one because he adored Liz and and wanted what was best for her, even if he at times had messed up way of doing things. I loved how Liz never tried to force Max to be king. They both tried to makes decisions for for each other and them learning from their mistakes. I was disappointed in season two cause Max and Liz were heart and soul of the show and they didn't focus on that. I couldn't handle Max sleeping with Tess cause I knew his first time should have been with Liz because of the heat wave episode.

I really liked Tess with Kyle and think in season two that's what they should have explored. I loved Liz standing up for Max in the first episode of season 2. Crying your name broke my heart cause I always felt Max should been their for Liz. Even when Max and Liz were broken up you could always see the powerful love they had for each other. In season 2 the Skins episode when all the humans were disappearing you saw the love and worry for Liz. I feel like in seasons 2-3 they could have done better story-lines for Max and Liz. I loved Maria and Michael too. I wish they would have explored more Liz powers.

But I loved them both cause they both had flaws and I aways saw story-lines for them.

Special thanks too

claudialynn
Gabriella
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Gabriella »

First and foremost their chemistry. Obviously. It's, like, in your face. I'm not even that much of a romantic person but watching them look at each other from across the hall or the crashdown... gave me goosebumps.
It seemed like they were meant to be together since the beginning of time. Liz being shot was the universe bringing them together. No matter what came in their way they somehow always ended up back together because of the incredible magnetic attraction they had. Their relationship was sheer magic on the screen. I could not resist being attracted to their coupling. *swoon*
Mistress9
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Mistress9 »

chemistry. definitely. the way they looked at each other. storyline. devotion. true love. what Max&Liz have in roswell in something special and unique. maybe it's just in romance, not the real world. but it's so beautiful. they're very sweet.
slicli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by slicli »

I think it was how Jason and Shiri felt about each other...but idk. It's really bizarre! How does that much chemistry get conveyed??? To me, it was 90% Liz...Max didn't seem that much different with Tess (blech!) then he did with Liz. But I had very strong emotional responses and i had a keen emotional understanding of how liz was feeling when she was considering Sean (blech!)

After reading others posts I think I realized that the reason I feel Liz is primarily responsibly for the chemistry is because being a straight guy, I'm focused on Liz during Max and Liz's experiences.
Last edited by slicli on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
slicli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by slicli »

I don't think Liz gets enough credit. Max f'd up PLENTY!!! Liz was amazing...I don't think she ever really screwed up.

Anyway,
So I say to myself, if I want to be loved by someone like Liz...what can I do to become the kind of person that would attract and deserve her? If I'm more of a Michale kind of person, how would I have to grow and change?

To others, if I want to be loved by someone like Max...what can I do to become the kind of person that would attract and deserve him? If I'm more of a Maria, how would I have to grow and change? Even though they were best friends, they were very different, Liz and Maria. Liz was a remarkable character, selfless, understanding, generous, forgiving, logical, not manipulative, etc,etc,etc,etc,etc.......and maybe a bit gullible, the whole fmax thing was the CHARLIE FOXTROT of CHARLIE FOXTROT's, just terrible, truly amateur hour babytown frolics writing. Liz being armed with fmax's information would have been sufficient to change the future...wait what am I saying, it absolutely was enough, MITC proved it. The rest of EOTW was NOTHING but a disgraceful, shameful ratings ploy!!!!