Who loves who more?? Max or Liz?? and why do you think so??

Love Max & Liz? Then the Dreamer place is where you want to be.

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

antariandream wrote:
Roslover39 wrote:I think the question should be why do they love each other so much?

I think Max had so much love for Liz because It was his destiny to

love her.

I think Liz loves max so much because (1) he saved her life, and (2)

by going through all the drama of being discovered by saving her, she

realized just how important she was to him.
I'm agree with you, the true question is not Who loves who more.
I guess that the love is an infinite and you know... it's is impossible to compare two infinites.
Max loves Liz since the first glance and he always gives his all to her.
Liz sacrifices the unimmaginable for him. She's always on the run for him and she'll always be.

Yes :D

I think people have the words love and want confused.

to love someone means that you go through hell with them and for them.

(Liz did that for max). To love someone you put the loved ones needs

before your own (max did that for liz when he healed her).

I read somewhere that the road to love is never smooth I think

that max and liz's relationship is a perfect example of that, but they did

love. In times of trouble you can tell if someone truly loves or just wants

someone. I think max wanted to have someone in his life with tess. He

thought that all was lost with liz, so he went to tess because she constantly

boosted his ego. How can you resist someone that makes you feel that you

can do no wrong
:roll: Tess just captured max where the average

man is usually captured, his ego. Push come to shovel max/liz was the

love relationship while max/tess was the want/need at the time relationship.
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Why is it that people see Max as the bad guy because he went to Tess? I know she all makes us want to vomit, but we can't blame Max for something his future self and Liz wanted to happen. At the end of the day, he never stopped loving Liz and he slept with Tess after a MAJOR fight with Liz where he basicly declared that if she were to go to sweden they wouldn't be friends any more. At that point he probably felt that he had lost Liz forever, turning to the one person he thought would be there for him no matter how much he messed things up.

To answer the question : They love each other equally. Not once in the entire time the show was running did I feel it any less, except in control, when Max's emotions and feelings towards Liz just seemed to be put on hold. They have had this romance that is all ways rocky, one moment they are together, the next moment one of them pulls away, because they are scared to death of what they mean to each other. Have you been with some one who you break up with because you think they are getting to clingy or you all of a sudden think they are boring... but immeditaly regret it because you realise you love them and were just scared? It's exactly the same with Max and Liz.

Max first pulled away in balance because of the fact he wasn't normal and off balance because of her. Liz pulled away in Destiny, because she couldn't face the idea that Tess and Max could be together, she was 'protecting' herself because she loved Max so much. But no matter what happened they made it back to each other.

In my eyes it is things like this that just proves they love each other equally
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
Stars in my eyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: liz loved max more

Post by Stars in my eyes »

roswellian love wrote:all of u are right but in my point of view max was playin wit both not intentionally wat i felt was he wanted to have his cake and eat it to.

what lead me to this was in off the menu.
He told tess that he alays thought she will always wait for him, and he was takin her for granted.
I don't think that Max was trying to be with Tess while keeping Liz on the side. He was upset that all his dreams and wishes that he had counted and wanted to make a reality with had crashed in front of his eyes. He saw Liz with Kyle, and not only did he see it with his own eyes, but also was repeatedly lied to.

Try to think about what it would be like to love someone for, like, half of your life and then see everything you wanted to make into a reality with that person ripped away. Thanks gotta be a bitch.

Max was also young. He was like 17. He was young and had to deal with the FBI and the fallout from that. He had to deal with the person he thought would never betray him doing just that. He had problems with his family. All in all, he was having a pretty freaked up year. Now I know how it was for me at 17 (which was like 3 years ago) and I remember how one simple problem send so much bigger then it really was, and I didn't have to deal with being and alien and the FBI.

Max's heart was broken and ripped in two. Max was in this state that he was probably asking himself 'what the hell is wrong with me?’ He already thought he was this big freak because he was an alien. Then Liz has sex with a human, and his ego is crushed a little more.

Then here Tess comes with all her unfilled promises and empty vows. She was constantly saying that she would always be there, she would never leave, and all that other crap that bubbled from her mouth. Max was trying to move on while he watched his world disappear.

While I wish Max would have kept it in his pants, I can understand. He had this leech that made sure to point out that she would be there for him and blah blah blah. When you life kinda caves in on itself, and everything that you thought was real, really was not, you question everything that you thought before.

Plus, Max and Liz were not together at that time.
"If you make yourself happy, a little of that sunshine will spread onto others" - David Bowe
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Re: liz loved max more

Post by Roslover39 »

Stars in my eyes wrote:
roswellian love wrote:
Then here Tess comes with all her unfilled promises and empty vows. She was constantly saying that she would always be there, she would never leave, and all that other crap that bubbled from her mouth. Max was trying to move on while he watched his world disappear.

While I wish Max would have kept it in his pants, I can understand. He had this leech that made sure to point out that she would be there for him and blah blah blah. When you life kinda caves in on itself, and everything that you thought was real, really was not, you question everything that you thought before.

My point exactly, tess grabbed on to max when he was the most

vulnerable and worked the hell out of him. How could he refuse her

when everyone else in his life just seemed to be jumping ship.
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
Shae
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shae »

:nod:
Banner by Shiesty
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

true. but it makes me wish that instead of turning to Tess, he would have turned to drink. At least then there wouldn't be a kid involved who could be messed up emotionally because of it. Drink might be worse in the long run, but all it would take is one sip to be entirely wasted, and that's far better than sleeping with Tess.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

the results of that leave scars FOREVER!
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Booze :? what a concept :?

Don't get me wrong, I think I understand where you're going with

this. Under the circumstances, Max had no one to sympathize with

his plight, and like I said, he was good and ready for the Tess "I'll

always be here for you" Bullshit.
By French Dreamer

Coming Soon!
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

true. but it makes me wish that instead of turning to Tess, he would have turned to drink. At least then there wouldn't be a kid involved who could be messed up emotionally because of it. Drink might be worse in the long run, but all it would take is one sip to be entirely wasted, and that's far better than sleeping with Tess.
I think your looking at the whole thing through I-Hate-Tess colored glasses. I get your point, and I do think that sleeping with Tess left a deep scar in their relationship. The thing is, so did all of Liz's behavior, even though all of her actions were understandable.

Think about it from Max's point of view: She left him right after he was tortured, when he probably needed her the most. At that time, he was told to be a king, something he really had no idea how to do. So he's just had his whole world ripped out from under him, and now the girl he loves deeply, the girl who promised to be there forever, disappears all summer. So he waits for her and asks Maria every day if she's heard from her, but when Liz finally does come back (and doesn't TELL him she's back) he sees that she has completely moved on with her life, moved on from him (or that's how it appears) and wants nothing to do with the aliens.

Sure you can say that Liz really didn't move on, and that she was all ready to take him back until future Max, but Max didn't know any of that. He saw it as the girl who he loved more than anything had been broken up with him for about a year, had slept with another guy(again, so he thinks), and was very likely never going to come back. And then he's got Tess whispering in his ear how she'd never ever leave and he believed her, so he held on.

I hated that it happened, I hated the whole season 2 basically, but the actions of everyone were understandable.
Last edited by maxandliz4ever1357 on Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:
I think your looking at the whole thing through I-Hate-Tess colored glasses. I get your point, and I do think that sleeping with Tess left a deep scar in their relationship. The thing is, so did all of Liz's behavior, even though all of her actions were understandable.

Think about it from Max's point of view: She left him right after he was tortured, when he probably needed her the most. At that time, he was told to be a king, something he really had no idea how to do. So he's just had his whole world ripped out from under him, and now the girl he loves deeply, the girl who promised to be there forever, disappears all summer. So he waits for her and asks Maria every day if she's heard from her, but when Liz finally does come back (and doesn't TELL him she's back) he sees that she has completely moved on with her life, moved on from him (or that's how it appears) and wants nothing to do with the aliens.

Sure you can say that Liz really didn't move on, and that she was all ready to take him back until future Max, but Max didn't know any of that. He saw it as the girl who he loved more than anything had been broken up with him for about a year, had slept with another guy(agian, so he thinks), and was very likely never going to come back. And then he's got Tess whispering in his ear how she'd never ever leave and he believed her, so he held on.

I hated that it happened, I hated the whole season 2 basically, but the actions of everyone were understandable.
Agreed. Whole-heartedly. And, since this thread really has nothing to do with Tess, I'm not gonna try and jump to her defense; I think I've argued that angle as much as I can in the past. :lol:

But, yeah...I agree with *everything* you said up above. Props for you.

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party