Who loves who more?? Max or Liz?? and why do you think so??

Love Max & Liz? Then the Dreamer place is where you want to be.

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Who loves who more?? Max or Liz?? and why do you think so??

Post by trulov »

So I've been thinking and wanted to get some other opinions. Based on their actions in all three seasons, who do you think loved the other MORE -Max or Liz??

It's the never ending question between couples - I love you more, no - I love you more. But in their case i think its a very interesting one.

I'm still thinking about it and haven't decided yet. I mean, Max exposed his alien existence to save Liz. And he loved her since the 3rd grade. And then she left him for the summer and pushed him away, but still he wouln't give up on her. She also broke his heart (albeit to save the world). She essentially gave him up. If future Max had gone to Max - I don't think Max would have done it. I think he would have told future max to go to hell. And, even after he thought she slept with Kyle, Max still would have probably taken her back, and definately still loved her.

All these things say Max loved Liz more. BUT, I don't think its that simple. Can you say 'the second half of season two?"

Liz did push Max away but, she did so because she loved him so much and thought it was for his best - and because eventually the future version of himself asked her to. She, even in her heartbreak, never betrayed him or gave her heart to someone else. He on the other hand, did get together and actually had feelings for Tess, enough to leave the planet with her to save their child. Liz never really blamed Max for Alex's death, and never held his jack-ass behavior against him. And she never would have left him alone on earth with a killer as he was so ready to do.
As I said - I'm still thinking about it and can't yet decide.

But I'm curious as to what other dreamers think. Who loved who more -
Max or Liz?

Sorry this post was sooo long!
RoswellFan1947
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan1947 »

I know for a fact that they both loved each other very, very much. ( Well duh :roll: lol ) I'm a huge dreamer and in my opinion I think Max loves Liz more....
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

No clue! I mean Max more in Season one (for about 3 episodes, when Liz was still falling, lol) and then to me they're even. All of your points on both sides are good ones. I think they love each other equally after a little ways into season one and all the way through season two ( Well before Tess and Max....ew I shudder just thinking abou it! And as for season 3, it didn't happen for me. I'm ignoring it completely, lol)
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

They love each other so much.
Maybe in two different ways for me...but it's impossible to establish who is in love more...and personally I don't want it. :wink:
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

I think Liz does
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

dreamer19 wrote:I think Liz does
Ditto.

She made a lot of sacrifices for him (that's not to say he didn't do the same for her - he healed her after all), case in point the whole FMax thing. :roll: No matter how stupid that was. Gosh, that ticked me off. LOL.

But she did it. She lied to the man she loved because *he* asked her too. Not in so many words, but I think "make me fall out of love with you" was suffice enough. Doncha think? ;)

Anyway...Yeah, I tink Liz does. :) But it's unarguable (inarguable? or am I just making up words again? :roll: ) that they both loved each other deeply.

I'm done! :)

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
aurorasky
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by aurorasky »

Raychelxluscious wrote:
dreamer19 wrote:I think Liz does
Ditto.

She made a lot of sacrifices for him (that's not to say he didn't do the same for her - he healed her after all), case in point the whole FMax thing. :roll: No matter how stupid that was. Gosh, that ticked me off. LOL.

But she did it. She lied to the man she loved because *he* asked her too. Not in so many words, but I think "make me fall out of love with you" was suffice enough. Doncha think? ;)

Anyway...Yeah, I tink Liz does. :) But it's unarguable (inarguable? or am I just making up words again? :roll: ) that they both loved each other deeply.

I'm done! :)

Raychel
totally agree with you guys- Max didn't show his loyalty and love to Liz when he had his son with Tess!
*Devoted Dreamer*
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

aurorasky wrote: totally agree with you guys- Max didn't show his loyalty and love to Liz when he had his son with Tess!
He was broken. I'm not saying I liked that they slept together, but he was in pain. I found it disgusting and changed the channel, but he thought the love of his life betrayed him. Sure, you could argue that Liz did it to save the world, but Max didn't know that. Tess manipulated him because the one person he thought would always be there was gone, and he needed some kind of stability. When Tess told him she'd always be there, he clung onto the one thing he thought he could always count on. And I'm sure in the back of his mind, a tiny part of him wanted to get back at Liz and give her a dose of her own medicine.

I hate that he did it, but look at his point of view.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:
aurorasky wrote: totally agree with you guys- Max didn't show his loyalty and love to Liz when he had his son with Tess!
He was broken. I'm not saying I liked that they slept together, but he was in pain. I found it disgusting and changed the channel, but he thought the love of his life betrayed him. Sure, you could argue that Liz did it to save the world, but Max didn't know that. Tess manipulated him because the one person he thought would always be there was gone, and he needed some kind of stability. When Tess told him she'd always be there, he clung onto the one thing he thought he could always count on. And I'm sure in the back of his mind, a tiny part of him wanted to get back at Liz and give her a dose of her own medicine.

I hate that he did it, but look at his point of view.
I concur, wholeheartedly. Max was obviously devestated after he did that. Despite Liz's betrayal, I don't think he wanted to betray her either. And by that time, the writer's had given Tess a one track mind, and that was to get pregnant and leave Earth. :roll: Drama, drama, drama.

Raych
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
out of this world
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by out of this world »

I understand that Max was devastated however when he kissed Tess the First Season Max told Liz to keep Faith in them however what happened to his Faith then. I mean he should have known that Liz was not that kind of girl and pursed the truth further.

Ok I guess what I am trying to say is that Max eventually went to Tess and Liz still stayed loyal to the fact that someday her and Max might be together.

It is just a tough decision all around

Carol:)