Brendan Fehr (Michael Guerin) News

Come here to find out all the latest about your favorite actors...

Moderators: Anniepoo98, AvengingAngelIQ, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Mennonites are very hard-core Protestant Christians. They immigrated in the early 20th century to Canada, Brazil and a few other places, from Germany, to live in communes, and to practice their religion freely. Brendan grew up Mennonite. They don't believe in pre-marital sex, using alchohol, doing drugs, etc. They make up a healthy percentage of the population of Manitoba, where Brendan grew up. Brendan went to a Mennonite high school in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and was fairly open about his religious beliefs when he first went "Hollywood." I have gotten the impression over the past couple of years that he's loosened up a bit since moving to L.A. (which would explain the beer in the picture), but as far as I am aware, he still takes his religious beliefs very seriously. I don't know this for a fact, obviously, as I don't know him personally, but he has never hidden his "roots," and this is fairly well known about him.

Basically, imagine Mennonites like the Amish. That's how they were originally, but not so much anymore. Most Mennonites are now fully "secularized" in their day to day life, but are still quite conservative when it comes to their religious beliefs. The book "A Complicated Kindness" by Miriam Toews, which was a finalist for the Booker Prize last year, gives a good portrayal of "growing up Mennonite," if you're interested.
Spacegirl04
Addicted Roswellian
Location: will change avi if someone else has it; waiting to be admitted to psych ward

Post by Spacegirl04 »

Thanks for the explanation kath that helps...:D
My Fics

Save the cheerleader Save the world,-heroes, I say huh?
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

Thanks for the info.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Way better definiton Kath, thanks for sharing that with us.. thats pretty intersting to know that he was or is Mennonite.
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

Brendan has a new film project, entitled 'The Fifth Patient'.
I just got word from Brendan tonight.... He's in Mexico!!!

"Just thought I´d drop a line to anyone who cares that I´m in Xalapa, Mexico starting a film called ´The Fifth Patient´. I´ll leave it to you guys to find out what it´s about and all the rest. I´ll just let you know I play ´Vince´. I´m very excited and will be here for a month. It´s a project I had really wanted and am going to try and have a lot of fun with the character. It´ll be a stretch and a challenge but I think I´m up to it. Thanks for all the support and all that crap. Also for all those wondering, I shot the first 4 eps. of Miami and we are trying to make it work for at least 3 more but this put a crimp in that plan so we are waiting and trying to see what we can do. Enjoy the first 4 at least and we´ll see what happens. See ya or I guess Buenos Tardes."

So start your browsers... and see what you can dig up on this film... I'll start a thread on Brendan's official messageboard about this film so we can talk about what we find.
and a summary of the film....
THE FIFTH PATIENT

In Production

JOHN REILLY wakes up in an African hospital, with only fragments of his memory intact. An officer of the local regime, MUGAMBE, accuses him of being an American spy. John is told that until he remembers who he is, and until he helps the regime, he will remain a prisoner. As John tries to reconstruct his memory he meets different characters: an American spy who wants to help him, his wife who has come to save him, a fellow patient and the hospital staff. As the story unfolds, John discovers he can’t trust the people around him because he is being played as a pawn in a deadly game to capture an elusive terrorist mastermind called Al-Wazir.

The Fifth Patient is a surprising and innovative thriller that takes us on a wild ride through the world of international espionage and terrorism through the distorted mind of one man.

Written and Directed by Amir Mann.
it's better to rise than fade away.
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

sounds interesting. It would be nice to get paid to go to Mexico for a month too.
Banner by Evelyn
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

tequathisy wrote:sounds interesting. It would be nice to get paid to go to Mexico for a month too.
Yeah, someone on Brendan's board posted pictures of the town that the movie is being filmed in and it looks beautiful.

Anyway, there is now an English trailer for the Long Weekend available to download - http://imdb.com/title/tt0385057/trailers - the trailers are all the same, just different file sizes.
it's better to rise than fade away.
angeleyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by angeleyes »

I saw him on CSI Miami tonight.
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Me too, It was great seeing him on TV again :D
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

Brendan look soooooooo cute on CSI. Its not my favorite show cuz I hate the main guy(whatever his name is) but it was worth it to see him. I just hope he has a bigger part in the upcoming eppisodes.