Shiri Appleby (Liz Parker) News

Come here to find out all the latest about your favorite actors...

Moderators: Anniepoo98, AvengingAngelIQ, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Shiri Appleby (Liz Parker) News

Post by SarahWhitman »

Shiri is beautiful and can definitely pull of that exotic look with the right make-up. Good choice! :mrgreen:
I want an Alien Blast! <3
Natz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Natz »

SarahWhitman wrote:Shiri is beautiful and can definitely pull of that exotic look with the right make-up. Good choice! :mrgreen:

I completely agree with you that she could pull it off. She would be a wonderful choice for the role! :D
Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Leigh »

Personally, I think she looks very young....19 maybe?
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

Perhaps that's why she was so believable as a 16 year old--she can pull it off so well. I can relate to that! LOL
Bloody Crow
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Bloody Crow »

If you are interested, here is the list I have made of the actresses who have the potential to play good Talia Al Ghul
It' purely based on the opinons of the on-line fan, so I don't think that the Powers That Be would choose one of these actresses to play Talia. I hope,as a Roswell fan, Shiri Appleby will play Talia in upcoming years, but that's just my dream.

So, here is the list.

- Kristin Kreuk: As we know, Lana Lang of Smallville. She is of mixed heritage and has an incredible exotic look that stems from that heritage. She is certainly a prime candidate to play Talia Al Ghul. I personally loath Smallville as and hope for Kristin to find a way to get free from Lana Lang image that she has carried for years.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0471036/ She is about 26 years old which is a good age to play Talia

- Kelly Hu: Oh :roll: only if she were a bit younger. I can't believe she is going to be 40 years old this year! She is almost twice my age and the most of the other actresses on this list are in their twenties. She has studied martial arts which is a good trait. Talia Al Ghul is an assassin. She was awesome as Lady Deathstrike in X-2, so I understand why the fans think of her as a candidate for the role.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005026/

- Monica Bellucci: The other actress who is maybe too old for the role. She is over 40. I can comment on what makes her a good choice for the role because I haven't seen her enough to judge her image. Many fans think she could have been good Talia in the 90th's Batman movies if the circumstances allowed her to.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000899/

- [Leonor Varela: Nyssa in Blade 2. Oh yes!, She is exotically beautiful. She is in her thirties, but the friend I mentioend eariler thinks she is young enough and also has a good load of experience to play a mature Talia.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007237/

- Vanessa Anne Hudgens: Don't flam me! :roll: I didn't pick her. I vistied Korean on-line batman fanbase few days ago, and read a post that said Vanessa would be a good Talia Al Ghul. Of course thre is a few requirements. First, She is a bit to young to play a decent version of Talia (barely 20). She has to get a bit older first to get a chance to play a complex character like Talia. Talia Al Ghul is a complex character (although her 'daddy's girl' side annoys me profoundly) with a depth who should be portrayed by a skilled actress. I don't call Vanessa a skilled actress, certainly not the level to play the true version of Talia who batman fans would remember and respect. Maybe she will get a chance to play Talia after the first one has had her share. She is exotically pretty certainly. She is maybe too benign looking to play Talia, but that may change as she gets older. Also, her look may add a great layer of deception if she plays Talia in the future.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1227814/

-Shiri Appleby: I sometimes imagine Shiri acting out Talia when I read Batman comics. Ever since I saw her in Roswell, she has been my favorite choice to play Talia I believe she has had a significant lead role for far too long. She deserves to get a second chance to become a significant face in popular culture. I like to imagine Shiri wearing a beautiful, but not too provocative Arabian dress, or saying Beloved! in front of Batman as Talia or her wearing black attire as an assassin (hm.. that's certainly what I'd like to see :mrgreen: ) Being a Batman fan as well as a Roswellfanatic, I believe it's a inevitable for me to imagine scenes like this. Are there any hardcore batman fan among the Roswell fans on this site?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0032375/

I thank you for listening to my rant.
kissme4ever123
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kissme4ever123 »

Hey I just saw the new TOm Hanks movie, Charlie Wilson's War. She plays Charlie Wilson's. She has many lines. She is actualy playing a part in it.

Every one , go and see it.
Our greatest fear is ourself.
Always be true to yourself because if you can't, than it is not worth anything to anyone one.
Aurorabee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aurorabee »

I saw the movie over the holidays and got a big kick out of seeing her onscreen. Charlie Wilson called her "Jailbait" throughout and that's the name given her character in the credits too. Heh.
Natz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Natz »

Charlie Wilson's War was a fantastic movie and Shiri Appleby was great. It's just to bad it did not win any Globes but hopefully it gets nominated in the upcoming Oscars. And hopefully the strike will be done by then because I want to see the Oscars with all the stars on the red carpet and maybe Shiri will be on it too!

:D
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

I think Shiri would be the best choice off that list, too. Plus, like you said, we're Roswellfanatics so naturally we'd choose her! :mrgreen: But even on her own merits, I think Shiri wins hands down. :) My sister's boyfriend is the Batman equivalent to us Ros fanatics and if I remember I'd like to ask him what he thinks on the subject. (I doubt I'll remember though! :roll: ) And that wasn't a rant, that was an opinionated discussion--there's a difference! ;)
As for "Charlie Wilson's War" --- I really want to see this but I'm afraid it's just not in my budget right now and it'll most likely be out of theaters by the time I get some spending money so I will have to buy it when it comes out. But it's good to hear that she had a lot of lines and I thought it really cute and funny that she's on the Cast List as "Jailbait"! :D Thanks for sharing your reviews of the movie, everyone. I have some friends who always send me reviews of the movies they watch but neither have seen "CWW" yet. Glad you guys were up to sharing!
:) SW
D.D
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by D.D »

I have to wait 10 more days to see it...and i cant wait! it comes out on the 24/1 down under. Does she play the belly dancer as well? in the previews it looks like shiri..
D.D ~'0'~