Jason Behr (Max Evans) News

Come here to find out all the latest about your favorite actors...

Moderators: Anniepoo98, AvengingAngelIQ, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Jason Behr (Max Evans) News

Post by Leigh »

I thought Chanra Wilson (I think you know who I mean) or Sandra Oh, or the one who has her own show now should have won the emmy. :oops: Sorry I can't remember names at the moment.....Brain is mush.....help, need coffee :mrgreen:
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
touched by an alien
Addicted Roswellian

Post by touched by an alien »

Leigh!

I am with you too.
I just recently watched D-war, and after the movie was over my first thought (after the anitial shock) was: "What the hell is he doing waisting his amazing talent on this crap?!" :o :x :cry:

For crying out loud, whenever I used to see him on something on tv my eyes would be glued to the screen, but during his last movies (When he wasn't shirtless :oops: ) I was either picking at my nails or praying the movie would siggnificantly improve.

But a lass, I'm becoming fearful that Jason will be imprinted in the public's eye as a B actor!

I can only hope Pinkville will turn his career around in one sudden swoop.

Do you think his new marrage has something to do with it? Maybe he's trying to avoid the extremely romantic roles?
Life is an occasion... rise to it.
touched by an alien
Addicted Roswellian

Post by touched by an alien »

Leigh!

I am with you too.
I just recently watched D-war, and after the movie was over my first thought (after the anitial shock) was: "What the hell is he doing waisting his amazing talent on this crap?!" :o :x :cry:

For crying out loud, whenever I used to see him on something on tv my eyes would be glued to the screen, but during his last movies (When he wasn't shirtless :oops: ) I was either picking at my nails or praying the movie would siggnificantly improve.

But a lass, I'm becoming fearful that Jason will be imprinted in the public's eye as a B actor!

I can only hope Pinkville will turn his career around in one sudden swoop.

Do you think his new marrage has something to do with it? Maybe he's trying to avoid the extremely romantic roles?
Life is an occasion... rise to it.
Roswell 10/2/00
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell 10/2/00 »

Yes I had a great time on the set of FROST being an extra and meeting Jason. he is a wonderful man! Very sweet and kind.

I loved Jason in Shooting Livin and Rites of Passage and of course Roswell. I feel FROST looks promising for him as well. It is a romantic comedy. So I am excited about it. I think his wife is very supportive of him and that is a wonderful thing. I feel good things will come for Jason. As long as he is happy where he is in his life and career then that is all that matters.

If anyone is in the Utah Area and wants to see Jason Behr's new movie FROST it is premiering at the Slamdance Film Festival in Utah on January 19 and January 23,2008. The cast and director might be there as well.

The Slam Dance Film Festival 2008

First Showing: January 19th 8:30PM
Treasure Mountain Inn
Park City, UT

Second Showing: January 23rd 10:00AM
Treasure Mountain Inn
Park City, UT

Jack Frost’s playboy lifestyle in New York City is rocked by the news that his childhood love is engaged. Amidst his friendships with Ozzy, a troubled but loving heroin addict; Scotch, a ribald nightlife correspondent; and Kate, a bewitching, quick-witted reporter, Jack sinks deeper into depression. Haunted by lost-love and his mother's suicide, Jack plunges into whiskey and self-destruction . . . until his eleven-year-old neighbor, Sophie, an unlikely mother figure, leads Jack back into himself, and out of the nostalgia and excess that consumed him.

“Writer/Director Steve Clark has fully imagined the anti-aristocrat in Jack Frost, who shrugs-off privilege as a maze without exits. Voraciously embodied by actor Jason Behr (light-years beyond ROSWELL), Frost transcends his elitism in search of a truth that no longer exists.”

- Craig Parish, Programmer
CAST & CREW

Official trailer
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=23219104

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=23219104

For more information on tickets and about the movie please go to Offical Slamdance Film Festival page
Slamdance Film Festival 2008 Presents : Frost

Offical myspace profile
MySpace.com - Frost - NEW YORK, New York - http://www.myspace.com/frostmovie
Roswell 10/2/00
Addicted Roswellian

I was an extra in the film FROST so if you do go and see it be sure to look for me on the silver screen.

Here are my behind the scenes photos I took on set when I was an extra in Jason's movie FROST

Me and Jason at the Lotus Club in NYC on the set of FROST!
http://a390.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... 6264b5.jpg

Me with my fellow Extras on FROST at the Lotus Club in NYC!
http://a509.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... 87c034.jpg

Reminder Jason Berh's Movie D-Wars comes out on DVD January 8th!

Hope all is well.

Love,
Erin aka Roswell 10/2/00
Roswell 10/2/00
Addicted Roswellian

Thomas one of the writers to FROST posted this on his myspace Bulletin. I guess I am a attractive young thing (Being I was an extra in the movie) :lol: Very GOOD article!

BlackBook: ‘Frost’ Bites!
‘Frost’ Bites!
But not in a sucky way. In a 'Lydia Hearst takes her top off in an independent movie' kind of way.

Meet Jack Frost (Jason Behr). His world is shattered when his best friend and supposed lifetime love Carolina (Monet Mazur) gets engaged to another man. He’s an unfortunately named playboy whose wealth enables him to maintain a dour personality and still attract a bevy of beauties with ridiculous names like Parsley and Serafina. Welcome to Frost, the world of playboys and socialites.

The film opens with the innocence of young love. Flashbacks of a pre-teen Jack and Carolina dancing and laughing hint at a simpler, happy time. But isn’t everything simpler and happy when you’re 11? The appearance of Sophie (India Ennenga), Jack’s 11-year-old neighbor, suggests yes. A precocious pre-teen, Sophie becomes Jack’s companion and—as precocious pre-teens in the Dakota Fanning tradition always do—helps him find his way to contentment.

With beautiful shots of New York City and a cast of attractive young things, the film is a solid independent effort. The expressive soundtrack complements the witty screenplay, which was co-written by director Steve Clark and Thomas Moffett. As Jack mopes his way through an existential crisis, comic relief comes via Scotch, a wannabe playboy played by Mike Landry, one of the film’s producers, who refers to himself as “Scotch on the Rocks” and spouts phrases like “pessiminism” and “Let’s *******.”

The “last international playboy” realizes too late that he loves Carolina. But is he really in love with her or the idea of loving her? We won’t give away the ending! [Ed. note: It’s the idea of loving her.] —Ariel Vered

Frost premieres on January 19 at the Slamdance Festival in Park City.
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

That's a great article! I'm gonna have to put that in my blog on myspace! :lol: Thanks for sharing that!! :D
I want an Alien Blast! <3
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

Is Jason supposed to be going to the SAG awards tonight since his wife is in the new spin off Grey's show?
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

Man I'd completely forgotten about the SAG awards!! Please post pics if you guys find 'em!
I want an Alien Blast! <3
bigears
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by bigears »

Don't have any pictures but did find this on imdb:

For those so obsessed of the "Jason talking about roswell"
here you go, they finally asked him about it too

Jason Behr Talks Skinwalkers, Roswell Rumors, D War and more with EclipseMagazine.com's Michelle Alexandria!
Submitted by Michelle Alexandria on Mon, 2007-08-06

Every time I get into one of those, I'm tired of running EM and want to shut everything down moods, I'm reminded of why this is a cool gig. For instance last week I was on the set of Numbers and got a chance to watch the great Tony Scott work, then the next day I'm at Comic-Con sitting in a room with the cast of Heroes and The Bionic Woman, then this week I get a chance to sit down with Jason Behr of Roswell fame. I used to be obsessed with that show so to get a chance to sit down and have a chat with Jason was a unique experience. And hey, it even occurred on my birthday, how ironic was that? Jason's doing the rounds for his latest flick, the Werewolf film Skinwalkers and we talked about that film, his upcoming D War project and of course Roswell.

He was in an exceedingly good mood, when he walked in he joked, "The big bad wolf has arrived." For all you Jason fan girls, there's a graphic sex scene in the film where we get a nice shot of Jason's naked ass.

I gotta ask, was that all you?

All me, all wolf, all day, all night, stunts, guns, motorcycles. I would do it all again, I had the time of my life.

What was it about this that excited you so much? Stan [Winston] was telling us how much you really loved this.

If you are going to do a Werewolf movie, I can't think of anyone else you would want to do it with. He's a legend, a genius and he's always wanted to do a werewolf movie since he was a little kid. It's why he got into the business. So that attention to detail and passion to everything that he does made us want to be even better. With that said, I'm doing things that I've never been able to do before in my life. Like shoot guns and ride motorcycles and do all of these stunts. It was the time of my life as an actor.

Filmmaking is a serious business, but I get the sense that you didn't take it too seriously.

You can't take yourself in life too seriously. But what was really great about this project is you get to play everything full out. It's like when you are a kid in school and you get to play at the playground. You were given permission because it's this genre film and it's a fantasy, so you are able to be free.

How do you walk that fine line between having fun and camp?

That is the line you have to toe. You have to have a sense of humor about some of it. We relied on our director to reign us back in if we got to over the top.

How was it working with all of that makeup?

It was a challenge because Stan had created a great Wolf suit to wear. It allowed you to complete freedom to move able physically. But once you put those glove on, those teeth, and eyes end, you do have permission to become as primal and instinctive as you can. That said it's incredibly hard to see what you are doing.

We had a world class stunt team. Some of the most challenging things was doing all the wire work and trusting your acting partner to know what they are doing when you only see a limited area.

What did you have to cut out to get a PG-13?

I don't really know what was cut out to get the PG-13, that's really a question for Stan.

How did you get a PG-13 with that scene [As previously hinted at, there's a pretty
Raw sex scene in the film]?

I don't know, isn't it amazing? I don't really understand the ratings board.

[I couldn't help but interrupt] Of course you know what scene I'm talking about?

The one where I'm shooting the guns right? The one where we're eating breakfast? I don't know exactly what goes into whether something gets a PG-13 or R, I know there's a certain number of *beep* *beep* and ass you can say before you get an R.

That was pretty graphic….

It was supposed to be very primal, very raw, very free…

How did you prepare for the film? I read somewhere that you were hanging with wolves at the zoo or something.

I was definitely a man running with wolves. I started off by watching documentaries. Then I went to the Toronto Zoo to see what they were like. That really polarized how I felt - seeing these creatures being wild and free and just being a wolf, and watching that pack dynamic. When you see them in a Zoo, you see that their nature was compressed and not free. I could almost see in front of me the how it wasn't in their nature to be cage.

I have to say, I used to be obsessed with Roswell. Can you please tell us what worked with that show, why did it fall apart, and would you ever consider doing a reunion?

I think what worked was taking something like the idea of life beyond ours on this planet and metaphorically speaking showing the discoveries that we have as in adolescence. It humanized that feeling of being alienated and like no one can understand you. It took things like the first kiss and made it metaphorical.

Would I do another…absolutely! I've heard rumors about it, but I've never seen a script and until that happens I couldn't say yeah or nay. I've had a wonderful time with that experience and learned so much.

Do you still keep in touch with Katherine Heigl? [Ed note - Jason and Katherine were a couple during the filming of Roswell]

You know I've seen everyone out and about now and then. But everyone is so busy that it's hard to keep in touch like you might want to.

Were you filming over Halloween?

Yeah, we were, and we so badly wanted to go out and show up on someone's door and say "Trick or Treat? Give me a can of beer." Stan had created such a real lifelike werewolf that we thought we would be shot at or cause a panic in downtown Toronto.

How long were you in make up for?

I don't really know, I think it was 4 or 5 hrs. It started off long, but as the days progress it got shorter and shorter. It really didn't matter to me, because I felt like as it was happening I was going through my own transformation. And I had Stan Winston working on me, as an I actor I was just like wow.

What else are you working on?

I did a movie called Senseless based on the Novel about a businessman in Europe who is taken hostage. His entire captivity is held online. They are systematically taking away his senses as a way to make money and for entertainment. I did D-War which is coming out next month, and I did a film called the The Tattooist about this world traveling Tattoo article about someone who gets involved with ghosts and Frost an Independent character driven film.

What sort of projects attract?

I like to keep things that are interesting to myself I'm drawn to story driven pieces, whether it's a big budget or little indie piece. If the story is there, so will I.

Would you prefer the Big Budget or the Character?

I've had great experiences with both. I'm not afraid to get in there and role up my sleeve and do it.

Could you talk a little about D-War.

I play a character name Ethan Kendrick who is a television reporter. He's told at a young age that his destiny, fate, is somehow related to this ancient Korean legend. There is a warrior or hero in Ethan somewhere.

How do you like being out in the Wild, having to find projects instead of the steadiness of Television?

I really like do prefer taking 3 months to really immerse myself in a Character or Story and playing full out, then washing my hands of it to move on to the next thing.

So Comic Con happened and they did a little push. Did you go down there for that?

Oh yeah, I was there for both movies. It was a great experience. It was the first time that I got to walk on the floor to see all the crazy booths and all the stuff that they have.

What is it like watching the show floor as a celebrity?

It was really cool, everyone was very complimentary and respectful.

No strange moments?

You'd think, but no, none at all.

Did you keep anything from Skinwalkers?

I kept all of my teeth. Every stage, they are real, I could take a chunk out of someone with them.
Natasha bit me in the lip once.

Was this during the PG-13 Sex Scene?

As far as I know.

Here's the link:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004736/board/nest/83033967

B~
You are not what you have been,
but you ARE the possility of what you can become.

And...because it's not over: http://roswellmovie.21.forumer.com/index.php