Dialogue That Makes You Cringe

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

The "hot alien sex" line never bothered me because I felt that Max said it in a sarcastic way. I think he was kind of remembering the way Rath and Lonnie referred to it back in MitC.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

Alright, i hate anything with "destiny", mindwarp crap, human vs. alien, always asking Max what to do, and that really cheesy thing with future Max. I'm sorry, "cemented"? jeez. were they attacked with those stupid trucks with the spinny thing on top during the middle of sex or something? However, i agree with jbangelo about the sarcasm. after third season, i was ready for the show to end. Max was in trouble, and barely redeemed himself with the diamond the size of mars. trulov was right when he didn't say i love you. that annoyed me and took away all joy from the superman stunt. :x :x :x :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:
Innocent Eyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Innocent Eyes »

There are some lines that always make me cringe and it's even painful to think about them. The first one is when Liz asks Max if he loves Tess, and he replies, "Not like I love you".

What the hell??

Well, does he love her, or does he not love her? Max and Liz had always melted my heart because they were like true soulmates, but hearing Max saying that had me blinking and saying, "Excuse me?" It was just a sad, sad line.

One Max line I also hated was when he's talking to Liz about Tess and he admits that meeting someone who was like him had attracted him. Well again, isn't he supposed to be in love with Liz?? Poor girl, having to stand in front of him and listen to all of that crap.

And in some eps of Season 3, making Liz a silly drunk had me raising my eyebrows in disbelief. That wasn't Liz at all, and I don't know in what the writers were thinking to write her like that.

THANK YOU ROSWELL
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I hated the whole dock talk. It was trash. He should have been begging on his knees for her to come back. I mean, he made it sound like it's not even a big deal with 'Oh, your still holding onto that?'

Grrrr :twisted:
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

Hmm. I really can't stand it when Tess does her mindwarp stuff on people like memories don't matter. Plus, i hate Nasedo's whole Liz doesn't belong line.
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

I think the whole dock scene from Busted was the writers attempt to show that Max and Liz had gotten to a point that they could make light of what had happened at the end of S2. Unfortunately, it failed miserably.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Innocent Eyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Innocent Eyes »

If I were Liz I don't think I would ever be able to make light of the situation, at least not when so little time had passed by.

I really don't know what the writers were thinking of when they wrote that. It's so insensitive.

THANK YOU ROSWELL
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

If i was Liz, i would have slapped Max after the dock scene.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Innocent Eyes wrote:If I were Liz I don't think I would ever be able to make light of the situation, at least not when so little time had passed by.

I really don't know what the writers were thinking of when they wrote that. It's so insensitive.
I agree. Who knows what they were thinking through most of S3. I've actually heard that they intentionally wrote bad storylines in S3 because they were sick of the show and wanted it to get cancelled. Don't know how true that is.

Although here's an interesting bit of info. I was watching the commentary on Cry Your Name on my S2 DVD the other day (the commentary was done by Ronald Moore, the writer of the episode). The network (WB) was apparently not to pleased with the episode. They wanted the investigation into Alex's death to be led by Max, with all of the gang banding together to figure out what really happened. But the writers felt that it would be a stronger episode to have Liz going solo on the investigation and thus causing the rift between the humans and the aliens. They knew it would piss the network off, and they did it anyway. (Not that I'm complaining too much... I personally think CYN was a brilliant episode, despite the sadness of Alex's death.) As a result, the WB was none too happy with the show, which is what probably ultimately led to it getting axed from the WB.

So its raises the question of whether or not the writers knew what they were doing all along.

Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

i guess so, but who can get sick of ROSWELL?
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)