How to Know When You Are REALLY Obsessed???

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

You know, what is wrong with being obsessed? I mean as long as you don't go after JK with a pitchfork for messing up the best show ever, i think it's fine. But if you dont think so, we need to start a support group, where we can discuss the problem. RA.
I personally love being obsessed. it gives me something to do when i am home on a Friday night. it's better than doing homework any day.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
lepreckon
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Newly addicted

Post by lepreckon »

I had never seen roswell when it ran on TV. Even though I am happily married with children I have to read fanfiction every single day. Here is being obsessed:

I own all 3 seasons even though the 3rd is not out in the states. I bought a new multi-regional dvd player to accomodate the european dvd. I couldn't wait.

My son's name is Ethan but his nickname is Zan.

My 5 yr old daughter's name is Lindsay but she wants to be called Iz. She would watch an entire season in a day if I let her. She draws the symbols at school all the time and knows all the songs especially by Dido. She was born in roswell, NM.

By a great coincidence I was married in Roswell, NM and went to military college. ( The bad thing is that I know what is completely wrong on the show)

I have an outstanding "date" with friend every week to watch the show and discuss new things with the cast.
We have seen every single show and movie with Katherine and Jason.

My husband has never seen an actual episode but knows every single plot.

THE GOOD THING IS: I DON'T CARE THAT I'M OBSESSED!
(There are worse things in life to obsess over than a short lived TV show)
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

I think obsessed is a very strong word. lol..Well I started to question myself when I found myseld listening to a Roswell mix of music cd over and over again for 2 weeks in my car. (Someone else pointed this out, not me) God knows how long it would of been there.

The fact that I watched all 3 seasons in less then a week. :!: I dont think thats an obsession. Do you? Moving right along......for the past 2 weeks I have been watching the same eppisode (Viva Las Vegas) every night when I go to sleep and to top if off...me & my friend are going on a trip, where did I want to go Roswell. Ok I know it's not filmed in Roswell, NM but in CA. I dont care, I want to go there.

Last but no least..I get very angry when the Sci-Fi channel plays the marathons during the day when I am at work. Why can't they play them in the afternoon? See now i'm angry.
:x
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

I think it really hit me that I'm obssesed when my sister watched "War Of The Worlds" and told me how evil the aliens in that movie are and the first thing that popped into my head was... "I like Roswell aliens much better." lol
prettyfulpink
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by prettyfulpink »

Okay let me lay this out for you. I constantly call my older brother Max by mistake. Waited outside the doors of Best Buy just to get the dvd's on the first day. Started eating Tabasco Sauce even though I'd never cared for it before. My friends often call me Convertor because when I meet someone new they say that I try to convert them into becoming roswell fans. If an actor from Roswell is in/seen a movie I automatically see it to. I read all of the books from the series. I'm currently working on making a website. Have the soundtrack. Watch an episode at least once a day. I know every episode by name, and can even recite them in chronological order. Get in trouble because I was reading fanfic when I was suppose to be doing homework.
When ever I feel slightly depressed I pop in EOTW, because it fits me mood.
And hey small world I have depression to but when I feel sad I watch Departure. Once I even went into a depression episode because the computer crashed and I couldn't read fanfiction for 1 day.

Of all the reasons this one takes the cake though. My mom even made me go to counseling before for people with obsessions. And let me tell you something that is not something that I want to re-live.(There was a lot of anime people there to.)
MAX: Do you see that mailbox? I'll beat you to it. On your mark...
KYLE: Mm!
MAX: Go!
KYLE: It's "get..." You said--you skipped "get set!" You bastard!
Lessie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lessie »

You know you're obsessed...

when you're on holiday in Greece and you stop at a souvenir shop and it completely psyches you out that they make wristbands that say Dreamer in Greek and you just *have* to buy it.

Yes, I bought a wristband that says Dreamer in Greek. What can I say? I'm proud to be a Dreamer.
People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I'm not arrogant, I'm focused. I don't make demands. I don't tell you how it should be. I'll give you f***ing options, and it's up to you to select or throw 'em away. That should be the headline: If you're insecure, don't f***ing call.
-Russell Crowe
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

obsessed. I'm not obsessed. I'm just a fan. YOU CAN'T PROVE THE GRAFFITI SAYING "AMELIA SAYS ROSWELL ROCKS" WAS ME! J/K. I am seriously obsessed.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
Catalyst
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Catalyst »

Lessie wrote:You know you're obsessed...

when you're on holiday in Greece and you stop at a souvenir shop and it completely psyches you out that they make wristbands that say Dreamer in Greek and you just *have* to buy it.
You know you're obsessed when you read that and scream "I WANT ONE!"

(Which I did... which is bad because I'm at work...)

Catalyst
Knowing that it's coming doesn't keep it from happening...

Always Red in the Rearview

Come to my author chat Sunday (3/10) at 10 PM EST!
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Back with another one.... lol.. how about when you see the movie Fantastic Four and when Susan throws up a force field to protect herself.. I was whisper to my honey... Max can do that too babe....lol

Obsess MUCH! :lol:
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

OMG Catalyst..i was thinking the same thing.. :lol: