How did you get introduced to Roswell?

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Zevrillion
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zevrillion »

For me it was when I looked in the TV section in the newspaper and saw a new Sci-Fi show I hadn’t seen before. As I like science fiction I though I should check it out. And I am glad I did because after that episode I was hooked.

That was how I got in contact with Roswell and now I am wonder how you got in contact with Roswell.
Last edited by Zevrillion on Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

You have wasted 2 seconds of your life reading this sig.
Gidget2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Gidget2 »

I git introduced by my dad. It was the PILOT, and my dad said that a new show on the WB would be on tonight. So I thought, 'Well I got nothing else better to do.' and shazam!
"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen
Alison: I want the shirt that says 'I don't have A.D.D....Ooooo look a chiken!'

Me: Where? Where? (turns head from left to right)
Dreamertilltheend
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Dreamertilltheend »

Well me I discovered it two years after it started. I use to watch this French channel regulary, and I saw previews for this new show called Roswell that they were going to show. I first when I saw the previews I was...ok that looks like the stupiest thing I've ever seen.

It would play before Buffy on YTV would play, so like I had nothing better to do, I turned on Roswell. It was at the end of the pilot, and I kinda found Max hot, so I was like...ok so far not bad. Each week I would watch only the last fifteen minutes of it, until one day I decided to finally watch it completely, and since then I've been hooked. lol

-Katia
fetch
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by fetch »

It was splashed all over American magizines. Two years later, it got to our televsion.....
scifichic
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by scifichic »

it always came on before sliders :þ hehe. aaanyway, i love sliders and each day i turned it there.. 5 minutes or so before it came on. i kept seeing roswell on and a few weeks ago i decided to watch it ^-^ im glad i did... except i knew the end before the beginning.. and they kept talking about alex... i didn't know who he was.. and tess came.. everyone hated her... i wondered why...

**SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT SEEN ALL OF ROSWELL!!**

they kept saying she killed Alex...

**END SPOILER**

now i know why they hate tess... >.< grr. that *****. i hate her too.

so yeah now im obsessed with roswell. ^_^ hehe.

<3
-Heather
-To understand the soul, you have to understand the universe.-

^.- Roswell rocks. heh.
katrina
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by katrina »

I saw previews for Roswell before it started on the WB. And since it was after Buffy, which my mom watched as did I on occasion, I decided to give Roswell a try. I didn't miss an episode during those three years. Obsession big time. :D
**Katrina**

scifichic
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by scifichic »

katrina wrote:I saw previews for Roswell before it started on the WB. And since it was after Buffy, which my mom watched as did I on occasion, I decided to give Roswell a try. I didn't miss an episode during those three years. Obsession big time. :D
wow i wish my parents would watch buffy with me :\ im not even aloud so i have to sneak and watch it in my bedroom ;] hehe.

-heather
-To understand the soul, you have to understand the universe.-

^.- Roswell rocks. heh.
RoninBehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoninBehr »

I got hooked on Roswell a year ago. My friend read alot and said that reading was fun and what not and I never really cared for reading. I always thought it was sorta boring but then I was like 'what the hey I'll go to the library and check some stuff out' :roll: I was looking for some romance/friendship books and in the search they had 'The Intruder' from the Roswell High series. So I went to that section and I saw that they only had 3 books from that series #2,#5, and #6. They sounded interesting from the lil spoliers they give you so I took them home. I got hooked and couldn't put the books down I made my parents buy me the whole Roswell High series. In the book it kept saying "Read the books that started the show" so I went online and went in search to find the show. I finally found Crashdown.com and started reading the transcripts and j/knew I had to get the 1st season on dvd when it came out and I've been hooked ever since. Now I have all the Roswell books and I finally have all the episodes. :D

~RoninBehr
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice, it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

-William Jennings Bryan
katrina
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by katrina »

scifichic wrote:wow i wish my parents would watch buffy with me :\ im not even aloud so i have to sneak and watch it in my bedroom ;] hehe.

-heather
LOL! Yeah, I think my mom has gotten me to watch more shows almost obsessively than I ever thought I could watch on my own. :roll: But at least Roswell was all me.
**Katrina**

Butterflies
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Butterflies »

I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I hated the WB for letting it go. I was reading an article on the web on tvtome about the WB and how many good shows it started, then screwed over. Roswell wos one of the ones mentioned. I had remembered seeing the last two episodes of the series a while back, so I went and bought the first season on DVD.

I got hooked and read all the transcripts at Crashdown.com. I found Roswell fanfic on that site, and here I am! I think I like the fanfiction even more than the show! LOL. I mean, seriously, they had an alien show. They could have went ANYWHERE with that concept, but they went the "future Max" route. Poo poo on the writers.

-Butterflies
"Remember to always be yourself... unless you suck." -Joss Whedon