How did you get introduced to Roswell?

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Jason's Lover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Jason's Lover »

I've been an avid fan since the very beginning. It's stuck with me ever since then...five years later! I'll always love Roswell...no matter what!

Crystal
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

I've been watching since the pilot and loved it ever since.
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

I’ve been a fan since the beginning. I saw the previews for the show on the new fall WB season and I was like .What? I didn’t even know what Roswell was, and the previews confused me because they kept showing that scene where Liz says “I’m Liz Parker and five days ago I died.” And I was like What? She’s dead?. Then they kept showing that scene where Max was pointing up in the air, and you know how that light was behind him and everything, so I thought he was an angel that only she could see. Then, I asked my mom what Roswell was and she told me about the whole alien thing and I was like ooohhhhh, so he’s an alien, but I was still confused about the whole ‘five days ago I died.’ Then, like the day before it first aired my friend told me that the show was about her being shot and him healing her. And I was like, he’s in love with her, awww that’s sooo cutie, and I have watched every episode since then. I remember it came on again that Saturday and I watched it again. This time I taped it and I had my sister watch it with me and she was like ohh this show is good. So I turned her on to it. Then we convinced my other sister to watch it with us and we hooked her, THEN we got my mom into it. So we just all loved to watch it. Oh those were the good old days
roswells_angel285
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswells_angel285 »

I got introduced by the books. My mother had seen the Roswell High series at the library and checked out The Outsider because she knew I loved teen romance and had a thing for aliens. I was hooked on the series after the first page! I kept checking them out, but the library didn't have any of them after book 5, The Intruder. So my mom took me to B&N to get the next one and -BOOM!- there were Jason and Shiri on the cover and at the top it said, "Read the books that started it all and watch Roswell on the WB." Aaaaah! I was so happy. So I started watching the series and continued reading the books. There are still certain aspects that I liked about the books that kept me attached to them. For example, no Tess. *makes face* Liz SO should have done more than just thrown her across the room with her powers.... *grrrr* Anywayz, I could never give up the joy that the show has brought me. It went further than the book series ever could have, no offence to Melinda.

Zoey 8)
Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

I don't remember exactly how, but I'm pretty sure it was a few months ago, mid-summer. Was bored, flipping through the TV channels, and came across the reruns on SciFi, actually it was the scene where Kyle's friends beat Max's ass. I immediately found Liz to be awesome, after watfching the next episode, and then i got hooked on the whole series, especially the whole Max/Liz thing.
Absence of proof is not proof of absence
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

The first time I saw Roswell was about 1 year ago... but it didnt start there..... My best friend (IceQueen)..... would always tell me about these stories she was reading on line... and how she couldnt wait to get the first season DVD's. I asked her what it was about and she was like well...its about aliens and ...... I was like are you for real you like a show about aliens?

Hello..... I was thinking little green men... ha....well anywho.. she kept talking and talking about it till finally I watched a epiosode with her... I LOVED IT..... I watched all 3 seasons in like 1 week or something..

I feel in love with all the characters.....and whats really funny is that i remember seeing something on TV about Tom Hanks son doing a show about aliens and this and that and I thought to myself I gotta check it out and never did... I kinda wish that I had now.. but it was great being able to see the show with no commericals... and not having to wait for the next episode...... but yeah thats how I got into it...... :D
bunnielle
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by bunnielle »

I recently got infatuated with Roswell. I only started watching in the middle of S2, while it was airing on Roswell, and despite all of the Rebel scenes and all of this horrible stuff happening between Max and Liz's relationship until "Departure," I still fell in love with the series, and I am soaking it in as much as I can.

My friend actually introduced the series to me because she is absolutely in love with Jason Behr, and of course, I am absolutely in love with Max now, and although she does not watch the series, I am pushing for her to watch it now! Roswell simply takes my breath away every time I see an episode and leaves me jumping for more.
you watch me dance and you think i'm crazy, but you just can't hear the music.
rigel
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rigel »

I always into science fiction and aliens :lol: but at first I didn't know Roswell about aliens besides my sister watch other tv show. I start really watch it about the end of season 1 (I got the destiny speech and blah) but I like the characters and the story line keep me intrigue so I kept watching. and still obsessed till now :D
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

Like many of you have already said, I became hooked on Roswell from the very beginning. I stumbled upon the show during the pilot. It was the scene when Michael, Isabel, and Max were discussing Max's actions in his jeep. I saw Brendan's hair and was like "ewww," and then I saw Jason, which that clean cut hair and adorably large ears, and I just swooned. :)

From that point on I watched the show. Until then, I had never really followed a television show - except maybe Friends.

For me the show as new, original, and completely outside any element I've ever known. There were so many possiblities, and it's a shame that very few of them were met.

I often ridicule myself for hanging on to this show for so long; I mean it's been years since the cancellation and other fans and the actors themselves have pretty much moved on. I guess the reason that I haven't moved on is because I loved the magic of the show, and through fanfiction I can see that magic come to life. :)

Hmm, that may have been more than anyone anticipated, but.......Yeah.

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
dreambehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dreambehr »

I often ridicule myself for hanging on to this show for so long; I mean it's been years since the cancellation and other fans and the actors themselves have pretty much moved on. I guess the reason that I haven't moved on is because I loved the magic of the show
Same here. Sometimes I wonder to myself, "Why am I still posting on Roswell boards?" because the show is long gone and most of the fans have moved on. But I just can't seem to let go of it... because it was such a great experience watching Roswell... sometimes horrible at times but there are just too many good scenes that I could never forget.

Okay I first watched Roswell in late 2002 after I finished a major exam. I saw the teasers with Liz saying the "Five days ago, I died" line and I was like, "Whoa, I HAVE to watch this show". So my sis and me begged our mum to let us watch Roswell instead of the news (which we never do because our parents watch the news so we don't get to watch anything else then) and I was hooked. Started going to forums non stop, obsessing over Max/Liz and Jason Behr and just talking about Roswell every day. I was so sad when I came to forums because it was JUST cancelled by then... I really wish I'd watch Roswell earlier. So that's about it. :)