How did you get introduced to Roswell?

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

It was a year ago that I found this beloved show called Roswell!! :D

I got up one morning and there was absolutely nothing on tv, and I looked on the sci-fi channel and they were having a Roswell marathon. I had heard of the show before but never watched the show, so I decided to check it out. Needless to say, I fell in love with the show.

I spent that entire day watching Roswell, and the funny thing was my mom decided to watch it with me that same day and we got SOO hooked that we bought the first season on dvd a couple hours after the marathon was over. :lol:
manda8706
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by manda8706 »

Saw the premire in my room laying on the floor playing with my computer. I remember I was typing my report for English and watching the WB, and it came on and I just fell in love!

I watched it from teh premire to the finale.....and cried, laughed, and yelled throughout the whole series.
Avi and Siggy by ME!! :D
RoswellChica
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoswellChica »

I was in eighth grade at the time, and I absolutely loved to read. My friend and I would read all the time and recommend books to each other. She told me about this new series she started called "Roswell" and how they were turning it into a show and I should read it. At the time, I was just like "aliens? uhh... no thanx." Haha... I can't believe I felt like that about Roswell!!

After weeks of bugging me, I needed a book quickly to read for some "reading time" for some class, and she lent me the first Roswell book. After that... I was hooked. This was when "The White Room" was being aired and that was the first Roswell episode I ever saw. I watched the first season that summer when they re-aired it on the WB and the episodes that weren't aired, I read the transcripts on Crashdown.com.

Now, 8 years later, I'm still completely hooked :D
Everything happens for a reason, just believe.
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

I was there from the very begining of the show when it premired on the WB. I was hooked on Buffy and Dawson's Creek so I was an avid WB watcher so when the new show aired I decided to take a change and watch it! I am so glad I did! :D

I thought I was going to jump out of my skin when I saw they were releasing them on DVD! My husband had never watched the series so I got to introduce him to them on DVD. He loved the show and now understands my crazy obsession that we all call Roswell! :D
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
Jared_
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jared_ »

Cocogurl wrote:It was a year ago that I found this beloved show called Roswell!! :D

I got up one morning and there was absolutely nothing on tv, and I looked on the sci-fi channel and they were having a Roswell marathon. I had heard of the show before but never watched the show, so I decided to check it out. Needless to say, I fell in love with the show.

I spent that entire day watching Roswell, and the funny thing was my mom decided to watch it with me that same day and we got SOO hooked that we bought the first season on dvd a couple hours after the marathon was over. :lol:

lol... thats the exact same way i found the show but it was like january of 06 ^^
KEZ GUERIN
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by KEZ GUERIN »

I was flicking through the channels one night and i saw Brendan Fehr - I couldn't believe how much he looked like David Duchovny so i decided to watch. After a few eps i was hooked :lol:
Flamehair
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Flamehair »

:lol: I started to watch it years back when it was shown in german television - but they showed it at a stupid time in the middle of saturday afternoon, so I never could watch regularly and somehow never made it to season two.

But august 2005 I was searching for background information for my story :oops: and ordered then all three seasons on DVD :lol: - Good luck I had holidays when the DVD's were in the mall - cause I made a Roswell -Marathon and was completely hooked up. At the same time I found the site here and was hooked up with fanfiction :lol: :oops: :D In the meantime I love fanfiction more than the original show :oops: :wink:
big prince Leo Alsandair Aidyn Galahad Colin 12.08.2007
little prince Robin Faramir Gawain Diarmad Finlay 18.05.2009

little princess Eowyn Morgaine Nevialani Caitlin Valerie 15.05.2012