How did you get introduced to Roswell?

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

Okay to be honest I think it's the only show I've ever watched the beginning episode when it showed in New Zealand.

I just remember seeing the ad's on TV and I was like okay note to self: Watch Roswell on Wenesday night (i think it was Wenesdays....) anyway I was hooked right from the begining which is actually quite amazing for me because other shows I've only watched from the second ep. (Ie: Buffy, Smallville, Dawson's Creek, Charmed and so forth)
hhollings
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by hhollings »

Hi everyone i got hooked on Roswell in my teens i saw it on normal tv about 9.30pm the first season the the next year it went to 11.30pm and the last was on at 1.30pm so of course stayed up to watch it no way was i missing Roswell now got the dvds i watch them all the time. :D
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

It's funny because I became a fan before the show began. I was 16 and I'd borrowed the first new Roswell High book from my local library and really got into the story...I loved Max and Liz in it. So naturally I was excited to see that a TV series was being made out of it, and I was hooked from the first episode. Once 285 South rolled around, I switched my allegiances to Michael and Maria, rather than M/L and things haven't changed since.
it's better to rise than fade away.
hhollings
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by hhollings »

Ditto girl afraid i love michael and maria storylines the best i loved 285 south and independence day when michael goes into marias house upset. :D
Sali103
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sali103 »

I was just sitting down one day bored out of my mind, at the time my parents had gone on hoilday and I was staying with my grandparents and I was flicking through the TV channels and roswell was there (at the time I didn't know what it was) i just got completey hooked onto the show and all i knew was that i wanted more of it, I only start watching it in the 2nd episode. I kept on banging on about it all the to my sister so much so that two years later mission she is also completelty hooked.
Tabasco_RB
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tabasco_RB »

Wow. Mine was wierd. My best friend that I have known for about 6 years, but we hadn't talked in over 2 due to different schools, had an away message up on AIM that said 'Watching Roswell'. And I was like what the heck is that. So she told me what station it was on and when it came on. I watched one eppy and thought it was stupid. The next day at school I was like, "Wow, that Rosewell is a crappy show" *yes not the E added* But then she told me what it was about so I wasnt COMPLETELY clueless and watched it again. Ever since then, which was about 2 years ago, I have been a die-hard fan. I even passed her in the addictive lane, if you know what I mean. :P Now, she is my hero and I owe my life to the girl. :lol:
I'll be there for you til my heart is black and blue...

RoswellFan1947
Enthusiastic Roswellian

How I got Hooked....

Post by RoswellFan1947 »

Well, I only saw it once or twice when it was on TV because my sister loved it when it was on. Unfortunately I was only like 8 when it was on so I couldn't watch it. But, when it was on the sci fi channel everyday at 4:00 I was flicking through the channels and I was like " Hey, it was that show Roswell I wanted to watch when I was younger" so I watched it and ever since then I've been hooked. I also got 3 of my friends hooked, my mom, my sister and my aunt and cousin too. It's a great show! :D
emmylala
Addicted Roswellian

Post by emmylala »

I actually watched a couple of episodes when it first aired in the US, but like the X-Files, I didn't stick with it. Fast Forward about five years and a co-worker and I (who happens to be a huge X-Files fan) got to talking about the X-Files, she loaned me all of her DVD's and tapes of the show. After watching them all, I was really suffering from alien withdrawal and just like that Roswell popped into my head.

I recalled how I had seen a couple of epi's and kicked myself for not watching it all the way through. So, to make a long story short, ordered season 1 & 2 on amazon. Loved them. Then went crazy that there was not release date (at that time) for season 3 so I ordered a multi-system DVD player just so I could buy a Region 2 version of Season 3, because it had been out almost everywhere but in the states.

So, here I am. I'm really bad with shows I like. I did it with Lost and The 4400. Watched them, loved ithem, stopped watching them.

All I can say is, Thank God for DVD Sets.
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

girl afraid wrote:It's funny because I became a fan before the show began. I was 16 and I'd borrowed the first new Roswell High book from my local library and really got into the story...I loved Max and Liz in it. So naturally I was excited to see that a TV series was being made out of it, and I was hooked from the first episode. Once 285 South rolled around, I switched my allegiances to Michael and Maria, rather than M/L and things haven't changed since.
Soo cool! You're an original fan! You Rock! 8)
"Would it be okay if I ride home with you after school?"
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
My Published Works So Far
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

well, i got addicted a very short time ago. It began when my sis(lovinguerin2much) and her best friend (icequeen) would not shut up about this show. Then they told me they were writing fics and i stared to read be my escape by icequeen and wanted to picture a face with these wonderful charecters. I got all 3 sesons from them and statred watching. OK, talk about crack head....i loved it. As i was watching though i recall that i saw the first few episodes and then i thought..."why did i not keep up with this show?" Why do they cancel these kinds of show? Now i want to run out and by all 3 seasons. :lol:
I would also like to say that Roswell helped get threw a nasty break up. Instead of thinking about my heart break....i go to rosewell when im sad.
I love this show!!!!!! NOw im off to read my sisters fic..im out!
Last edited by Lady_vixen on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.