Books continued from the show

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Micheala141
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Books continued from the show

Post by Micheala141 »

I don't know how many of you are aware of this but there are 8 books that have been written that are the continuation of the show.

These are:-
1. Shades by Mel Odom (September 2002)
2. Skeletons In The Closet by Andy Mangels & Michael A. Martin (November 2002)
3. Dreamwalk by Paul Ruditis (January 2003)
4. Quarantine by Laura Burns (March 2003)
5. A New Beginning by Kevin Ryan (June 2003)
6. Nightscape by Kevin Ryan (July 2003)
7. Pursuit by Andy Mangels & Michael A. Martin (September 2003)
8. Turnabout by Andy Mangels & Michael A. Martin (November 2003)

Now in order to get hold of some of these you have to pay a ridiculous amount. I managed to get hold of 4 of them ( was 5 but dog chewed on >.<) before they got too expensive but now I really want to complete my collection.

How many of you have one of these books? Did you enjoy them? I really really really want to read Turnabout but this is the one that costs nearly $400 to buy.
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Books continued from the show

Post by girl afraid »

I have three of them, bought well after they were first released. With the others, I had to download .txt file versions to read them. The first four books are enjoyable but I am not a fan of the post-Graduation ones.
it's better to rise than fade away.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

I have them all, including the three you're missing there, Loose Ends, No good deed and little green men, all happening somewhere along season 2.

All of them have mistakes, either in quotation or references to the show, which completely infuriated me... I mean, these books are going to be read by fans, couldn't they check their fact first?

Anyway, all of them were presents from friends and family when they were first being released, so no one had to pay more... I only really liked No good deed, even if it was more Michael centered than Max, but go figure. The story made more sense. Little green men wasn't bad either, rebel vibe and all... The rest... not really.

If they are in text file, read them that way. If you reaaaaally liked them, then buy them. I think I saw Turnabout for about $90 on e-bay a couple of months ago.
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

where we can find the text version of all the books? most of them are out of print and it's literally impossible to buy them in my country.

i have the text version of some of them
i liked the post-graduation ones (although some things in the ending were a bit too much) and quarantine (that is about the time before busted)
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

I don't know about text versions, but if you go to Amazon there is a publisher called lulupress that will reprint you a copy of a lot of the books for around $20. I don't know it they have all the titles, but you could ask. Sometimes they even do two books in one. At one time they had Dreamwalk and Turnabout in one book for $20.

Amazon has Kindle versions too, if you have one of those.
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Okay guys, I got the following in txt and html form. I got them from a torrent in demonoid.com

Loose Ends
Turnabout
Dreamwalk
Pursuit
Shades
Quarantine

You can download it yourserlves or I'll be happy to send it. Just PM me with our email address.

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
pixieblue
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pixieblue »

can anybody tell me what happens in the books after they leave roswell-?? thanks
AvalonRose
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AvalonRose »

I requested through Barnes and Nobles that all of the books be turned into Nook Books. I have the Roswell High series on the Nook, it wasn't bad.
IceQueenMay
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by IceQueenMay »

Which ones have more ML in them?
Arianne
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Arianne »

Is it true that these books are now pretty hard to find and way expensive? I was showing mine to another Roswell fan the other day and she looked at me like I was holding a bunch of diamonds. I was kind of surprised because I bought them at my local bookstore back when Roswell was still on (*sniff*) and they were only about $5.99 or something.