False Spoilers

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Re: False Spoilers

Post by RoswellOracle »

I was looking through an old site, and stumbled on some spoilers for season 2. I just picked out a few false ones that were interesting, and I'm going to post all of them on my site eventually. I'll put up a link when I do.
I have no idea where some of these come from, or if people just made them up.

General Season 2

Max and Liz: The writers will tease us the first three episodes, but will begin putting them back together after that.

We will see more of "wacky" Maria this season.

Michael: All summer he doesn't return Maria's calls and he and Isabel try out "Destiny".

1.) A new podster named Sebastian. He will be Michael's brother and very close to Max, but he will hate Tess. He will have problems controlling his powers like Michael.
2.) Tictac may show up.
3.) Maria's dad may show up 3. a.) and he's FBI!
4.) One of the humans is half alien/ half human.
5.) A new waitress named Sam at the CD
6.) Ms. Topolsky (Julie Benz) is really alive and she comes back
7.) Someone goes to the "home" world
Maria's mom finds out the truth.
*They spend the whole season trying to figure out who the enemy is.
New Character - Maggie, Alex's sister

Suprise
Also a HUGE secret is revealed that will alter the course of the lives of the Pod Squad forever. It "may" be the one of the humans is half alien. And Maria's dad "might" show up.

Ask Not
Maria befriend Courtney Banks, a new waitress at the Crashdown and the high school news reporter. Brody makes a cryptic call to the University of New Mexico Astronomy Department and asks for Dr. Whitman. I'm not sure how but Max gets hurt and he runs to Liz at the Crashdown.
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Whimsicality »

Oh those are interesting, and a lot of them sound like they come from the books. Maybe originally the show producers were going to try and go that route before changing their mind, or someone was hoping they would :lol:

But a couple of them do give me some ideas so thank you very much! It would have been interesting to see the show take a route more like that, actually continue their earlier plots instead of just kind of pulling on them when it was convenient, and I am trying to weave a more cohesive storyline with my rewrite. And the half human/half alien one interested me the most because I'm going that way, kind of, lol, and as a Liz Myther from way back it would have explained why she and Max had the connection and she saw visions in a way that none of the others did.

Whimsicality's Fics

There was nothing more she wanted to do than crawl back into bed, wrap herself in Michael, and spend the day trading kisses and learning what made him sigh, what made his breath catch, what made him purr in the back of his throat. - Liz in Hunted by Ashita

Polar Attraction - Not just for Polarists...
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

Yes, it would have been interesting to see the show go more in some of those directions. Certainly would have been better than season 3. lol

I especially like the one about Courtney being on the school newspaper. lol She could have been snooping around a lot, trying to find out the truth to write an 'expose' of the aliens. lol Sounds like a fanfic. ;)

I've been a Liz Myther for years too. Love all the speculations and theories. I even wrote an epic story about the Max/Liz connection.

SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

Personally i looooved season 3. It's my favorite. I liked how Liz and Maria tried to get away and get a life that was theirs.

Ms. Topolsky creeped me out so i would have hated to see more of her.Also the high school scenes weren't that interesting to me. But i like the storyline of Michael and Isabelle trying out "destiny". I always think of that possibility.
The storyline of Maria's dad showing up was intended for the third season but since the network wanted to cancel the show, the writers couldn't put that in, that's what i read somewhere.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Whimsicality »

I think the biggest problem is that with a show like Roswell there was just too much potential, too many storylines that could be explored, and too big of a divide between what the fanbase wanted and what the networks wanted. Thank God for fanfic!

As for mine, well Alex's dad is going to have a bigger role but Maria's dad is definitely an unknown wild card so to speak that could be brought in almost anyway, him being FBI could definitely add some tension, *sigh* too many ideas too little time.

Whimsicality's Fics

There was nothing more she wanted to do than crawl back into bed, wrap herself in Michael, and spend the day trading kisses and learning what made him sigh, what made his breath catch, what made him purr in the back of his throat. - Liz in Hunted by Ashita

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Whimsicality »

Oh just wanted to add that I love your stories RoswellOracle, that's how I orginally found your amazing site was in reading your stories. I love long complete AU w/aliens epics and I think I read yours in like a two day span because once I find a fic I like I can't put it down, or well not look at the computer in this case, lol!

Whimsicality's Fics

RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

Wow, you must not have slept. I assume you're talking about Alpha & Omega. It is a bit long, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. :lol:

I really had fun writing it. I wanted to clear up all the loose ends and really see where the M/L connection might have come from, and how it would continue.

Research for that story is where I started gathering all the info for my website. I wanted as much accuracy as possible, so I watched the epis and took all kinds of notes. :wink:

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Whimsicality »

Yes, Alpha and Omega, I blanked on the name :-s I really enjoyed reading that and was impressed with how you brought in all the little details and made them make sense, something the show creators weren't so good at :lol:

And I am so glad that you took the time to watch all those episodes and take notes! We certainly appreciate all the hard work, your archives have been so helpful for me since me series is very date oriented which every part prefaced by the date, and trying to formulate an organized Roswell timeline with the dates they gave us and the actual days of 1999 (I have a 1999 calendar saved on my computer just to compare days of the week, lol) is almost impossible...I especially love all of the character profiles you have with the personal dates and class schedules and such, those have been a big help for me.

Whimsicality's Fics

RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

LOL, good luck with the calendar.

I was pulling my hair out trying to make the dates make sense when I was writing A&O. :lol: Some of the dates in the epis put the kids in school on Sat or Sun, and in a few epis Liz, Maria and Max are working before school. That is a dang early shift for the UFO Center. :wink: How early does that place open anyway?

It is amazing how much info there is about the characters when you really start paying attention to the epis. I have notebooks filled with stuff. :shock: I just need to get it on my web pages now.

And my timeline and epi guide are only up through MTTM, I think. I need to get working :!:

Queen Fee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Queen Fee »

I think I like some of those false spoilers better than what actually happened on the show! :lol: Especially the Max and Liz reuniting after three episodes, if only! Maybe the story involving Alex's dad was cut because Colin was doing Band Of Brothers (??)

I've also heard one for the beginning of season 2 where Kyle has dreams or visions of Max after being healed and questions his sexuality. Also, this isn't a false spoiler per se, but I remember on the season 2 extras a couple of writers mentioned that at first in VLV they wanted Liz and Tess to stay in Roswell and they would end up switching bodys like in Freaky Friday. That would have been interesting.