Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by killjoy »

Well to me the whole Destiny thing.....well if the people who created the hybrids REALLY wanted it than they would have put some kind of something in their DNA that would have triggered it.Okay I didn't explain that too well,sorry.

What I meant was....well they could have put something in the batch when creating them,something that would attract Michael/Isabel and Max/Tess to one another.Like a hormone that each have that when they are in close range to each other draws them together. Or a mental link that draws them together without them knowing it.

This would have been a back up plan in case the two couples just didn't fall for each other normally.Something a bit more than just those few dreams
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I should probably clarify that the Michael/Isabel dreams didn't make me want to see them together. I just thought the makeout scenes were hot when they happened. But then again, Brendan Fehr is kind of one of those actors who could have chemistry with a tree, and he gets so into it when he kisses that this might be a part of it.

Just thought I should clarify that so my fellow Candies don't think I'm jumping ship. :lol:
On the other hand, I think there could be something between Michael and Isabel. She is pretty much the only person he really respected, and she was always there for him. They are more comfortable with each other than anyone else, and they understand each other, and like each other as they are.
See, I think it would have just been too icky for both of them for something to actually happen. They were really like brother and sister, and as far as we know in the their former life, they weren't very close if she was slutting it up with Khivar. :oops:
When they heard about destiny, Max completely denied it, but Michael said they might not have a choice. Neither he nor Isabel seemed upset. When they started getting the dreams about being together they both turned to their humans, but it always seemed to me that it was because they were scared to face the truth and their own feelings. Neither of them seemed very upset that she might be pregnant, and they were prepared to be together. Look at the difference when they suspected a pregnancy and when Tess told Max she was pregnant. Max was totally freaked and talked about options, but Michael and Isabel were very comfortable and talked about how happy Michael had been in their dream.
I guess I interpreted it differently. Max was upset about destiny because he was determined to be as human as he possibly could be. Michael embraced it more easily because he was determined to be as alien as he possibly could be. When he and Isabel turned to Alex and Maria in Four-Squared, I didn't take it that they were scared to face their feelings but rather that they were a little grossed out the feelings were there. They had always thought of each other as siblings, and then these weird dreams started happening that probably freaked them out.

As for the pregnancy scare, I think Michael wasn't quite as freaked out about it because he didn't exactly hate the thought of having a family. For someone who grew up in an abusive foster home, the thought of having something so innocent as a child, even at such a young age, probably wasn't totally horrible, even though I'm sure he knew he wasn't ready.

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

I don't know I honestly think if Isabel and Michael would've gotten together it would've ended in disaster. They're personality types just seemed to clash too much. You know it might of been interesting to see Michael and Tess get closer considering that they were both kind of the outcasts of the aliens. They didn't even really build a friendship there except her helping him blow up rocks and that kind of bugged me. I mean Tess and Isabel spent some time together, Tess and Max spent more time then I would've liked together and Michael and Tess just didn't seem to interact all that much.

I do agree with the Liz/Sean thing though. I felt kind of bad for him, because it almost felt like she led him on in a way. Like kept him on the back burner for if she realized that there was no possible chance for her and Max to get back together. I wish they would've kept him on for season 3. I didn't like that he just disappeared.
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

I would have liked to see Michael with Tess or with Courtney more. I think there was a lot of chemistry between he and Courtney that would have been interesting to explore more.

I agree with Valentinebaby that Michael and Tess had things in common and it would seem natural for them to spend time together. I'm surprised he wasn't following her around, asking her about everything she knew all the time. :D
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I wish that they had showed Michael and Tess being friends or that they had followed through with what I believe was the original idea, which was to make Tess Michael's sister. She was always just so isolated from the group. The writers could have done a much better job of integrating her.

I'm glad they never really linked Michael or Maria romantically to anyone else, not only because I'm a diehard Candy, but because that's rare in a show, especially nowadays. Now it's all about bed-hopping. I guess that's not an unpopular opinion, though; it's a popular opinion, at least among Candies.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

April wrote:I wish that they had showed Michael and Tess being friends or that they had followed through with what I believe was the original idea, which was to make Tess Michael's sister. She was always just so isolated from the group. The writers could have done a much better job of integrating her.

I'm glad they never really linked Michael or Maria romantically to anyone else, not only because I'm a diehard Candy, but because that's rare in a show, especially nowadays. Now it's all about bed-hopping. I guess that's not an unpopular opinion, though; it's a popular opinion, at least among Candies.
That would've been cool. Honestly I couldn't picture either of them with anyone else. The Courtney thing was tolerable because he never seemed too terribly interested in her. And the Broody thing gave me the creeps. But if they had put Michael with anyone else, I still think Tess would've been the way to go. Courtney was just eww and his relationship with Isabel always seemed very sibling to me.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

Ok, I feel like a completely idiot that I obviously missed what all of you very close observers noticed...
April wrote:I wish that they had showed Michael and Tess being friends or that they had followed through with what I believe was the original idea, which was to make Tess Michael's sister. She was always just so isolated from the group. The writers could have done a much better job of integrating her.
OMG April I never knew that they intented for Tess to be Michael's sister! That wouldve been such a great idea, it would've been so much more interesting then what they ended up doing...
RoswellOracle wrote:I agree with Valentinebaby that Michael and Tess had things in common and it would seem natural for them to spend time together. I'm surprised he wasn't following her around, asking her about everything she knew all the time.
OK I never even concidered this possiblity! but the more I think about it the more it makes sense...
Michael was obsessed about going back home and he always felt like an outsider, he in a way grew up lonely like she did, except he had Max and Isabel. I think they should've really related to each other... and you are so right RoswellOracle, the way he was he absolutely would've been following her around questioning her constantly! It makes no sense at all now that I think about it that he didn't!

I have to admit I can't see him with anyone else but Maria, I'm not sure why. I loved how they were in the beginning but then he got borderline abusive and mean, then it just got weird. Honestly I don't think the writers from the 2nd and 3rd season even watched the 1st season...but that's just me.

oh and i'm probably alone here but I hated Courtney! I seriously didn't want them together at all, I also hated Jessie while I"m on the subject, I know that's harsh but I just didn't feel that they fit in the show at all... especially Jessie. At least Courtney was interesting to watch and she ended up being an alien, which was cool, but Jessie ...blah ...nothing! i loved when Max punched him in the eye. I know, i'm very bad but I have to admit I did enjoy that moment. :roll:

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

jake17 wrote: oh and i'm probably alone here but I hated Courtney! I seriously didn't want them together at all,

you are definintely, very much not alone in that opinion.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

I never thought that Courtney was interested in Michael and for me, she was doing all that flirt thing bc she was there to make contact with him bc he was part of their plans to re-conquer Antar... How can you interest a guy? The way she did!
And she was really brave, she resisted tortures and destroyed herself for not revealling where the granilith was...

EVE :wink: :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

IMO Courtney was an a** kisser and liked Michael :lol: the way i interpreted it she wasn't supposed to be obsessed about him at the beginning but then she saw him and most likely she changed her original plans. It's also possible that she was secretly fond of Rath back on antar. I don't believe in all the things she said.... Maria was right about her.
I also think that she was the only member of the supposed group rebellious skins :lol: Mainly because apart from her we never heard about it again. If the group of "rebel skins" really existed we would hear about it again or someone would have tried to help her or contact her at least.
Most likely she was in the same group with Nicholas&co reason of why they were keeping her new "body" too and she knew everything about them. Otherwise i can't find a valid reason for them to not only have the new body of one of their enemies too but keep it instead of destroying it?
I also came to this conclusion for the things Nicholas told her and his way to talk with her. She seemed someone who betrayed her group.

She wasn't a negative character i can't say that i hated her i even felt pity for her when she died....but apart from that she was just blah.. and i generally can't stand girls like her who always try to inflate the guy's ego in order to get his attention. That side of her makes her similar to Tess.
I can't see her with Michael because he really doesn't need this kind of girl, maybe it could be flattering at the beginning but in the long run it's boring. Not to mention that she was a skin, that wasn't her real body... and ew i really don't want to think about it :lol:
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts