Tess the real dupe?

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Tess the real dupe?

Post by cardinalgirl »

Only problem with this theory is that Max remembered Tess. He got flashes of memory from touching her, that's how he realized she was "one of them." I'd say you could pin that down to mindwarping, but it was an actual memory of Max's...

Though the idea of Ava and Tess being in the wrong sets has been in a fanfic or two. Most memorably (for me) Kath's Sins of the Father series.
solynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by solynn »

What if Nasedo wanted switched the pods around so that the royal four got the dupe instead? Cause Tess never seemed like she had much of a conscience, but Ava was really sweet and I--if not most of us-- could see that Ava really wasn't a bad person at all.
That makes sense haha :D
behrbabe
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrbabe »

He didn't remember her, that was all a mindwarp. She was mindwarping all of the aliens from day one. Max said himself that he felt something happening to his mind and he didn't know how to stop it. He didn't get flashes from touching her, he got flashes once when he kissed her in the first season and the only reason that he kissed her was because she was warping him into doing it. It's convenient that all of the "feelings" that Max had for her disappeared after the kiss, because it wasn't real. Everything that happened between Tess and Max was based on lies, everything; including the memory retrieval which is probably what you're preferring to about it being a memory of his. The "memory" that he had during the memory retrieval was the same exact memory that he had when she mindwarped him into kissing her in the first season, only the background was different; that doesn't sound like a memory, it sounds like it was planted there.

Tess was the dupe. She was selfish, sociopathic, and willing to do whatever she needed to in order to get what she wanted; sounds a lot like the New York crew to me.
My fanart/cover art rules:
1) I'm a pro freelance webdesigner so I may not be able to get the art to you overnight, fanart is free time hobby stuff.
2) I do this for free because I'm a fan first and I like to help other people. Don't take my generosity for granted or I won't do it anymore.
3) I usually charge extra for more than 3 changes, so that's the limit. A huge deal :)
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

not to mention that even if Larek was a loser voyeur who liked to spy on Zan and Ava making out (lol) Z&A were supposed to be *aliens* not humans. he couldn't remember them like that . they couldn't look like Max&Co. no way. we know it for sure, it was stated that antarians doesn't look like us. we saw a glimpse of how they looked when we saw Nacedo and Kal's real forms. green/grey people without hair, big black eyes and long fingers.
that memory was totally a mindwarp
otherwise we should find believable that:
- Z&A were humans (something that isn't possible since it was proved that they weren't)
- Larek was a voyeur who liked to spy his friend minstead of living his own romantic life.. he was such a loser that everything Brody got from him were only memories of other people and not Larek's own life
- Not only larek was a voyeur but he remembered like in the mindwarp Tess created in the first season.
and this when Tess was free to use her powers.
really believable
come on! :lol:
it's really funny if you think that for some roswell fans nothing made sense in the story but then they can easily accept this kind of real nonsense.

as for the first season Max never remembered her. he got that flash only after she mindwarped him over and over for days. Max believed that she was Nacedo (a man!), he didn't recognize her as one of his family like it happened with Michael and Isabel.
i find really weird that Max, Michael and Isabel were connected to each other from the start, they remembered each other, they missed Michael even if they saw him for such a small time (like Tess). they recognized him when they saw him again. the same didn't happen with Tess. they totally forgot about her for 10 years and she needed to play her games in order to make them *understand* (understand not *feel*) who she was.

i also remember another theory in the fandom
for example the reason of why Tess could create the mindwarp with them as children is that before it she played games with Diane Evans too in order to watch those photos of Max and Isabel when they were children. i never understood why she did it. Diane clearly said that she suddenly felt that she had to share those memories with Tess. why Tess needed to watch those pics of Max and Isabel when they were children?
maybe because she didn't remember them too.
after all Nacedo provided her many pics of Max&Co as adults. why the need? she was supposed to recognize them however no? so why the need to make a photo album about them? about Max?
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

That would be perfect. Someone should do a fic about it.
- Amanda
BritttheDreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BritttheDreamer »

I never thought about it but it definitely does make sense! It would definitely make sense! I'm surprised no one has written a fic about it (or at least I haven't seen one!

-Britt-
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

I think they were humanish... Kal and Nasedo were a different species. LOL... Tess is just crazy and wanted to drag down people with her craziness. I think that there was a story where she was one of the dupes and her and Ava were switched... I'm not sure though.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

BritttheDreamer wrote:
I never thought about it but it definitely does make sense! It would definitely make sense! I'm surprised no one has written a fic about it (or at least I haven't seen one!

-Britt-
I know. I've been thinking of making a story where Tess is the real dupe. I think it would be really interesting.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

For me, Tess tooks Ava's place in NY! We never knew Zan so it's difficult to tell if he was like Max...
Zan grew up in NY without human influences and Max in Roswell with his parents's love: for me that life made THE difference...
Nasedo choses between Ava and Tess the more "alien" one and send Ava away to New-York...
The chance that the Royal 4 staying in New-Mexico was more than probable...
In fact, Ava was a really sweet girl! She never even showed or abused her powers and never menaced the humans from Roswell!

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

begonia9508 wrote:For me, Tess tooks Ava's place in NY! We never knew Zan so it's difficult to tell if he was like Max...
Zan grew up in NY without human influences and Max in Roswell with his parents's love: for me that life made THE difference...
Nasedo choses between Ava and Tess the more "alien" one and send Ava away to New-York...
The chance that the Royal 4 staying in New-Mexico was more than probable...
In fact, Ava was a really sweet girl! She never even showed or abused her powers and never menaced the humans from Roswell!

EVE :mrgreen:
Eve I 100% agree with that. What other way can we think it? They had to have been switched!