Roswell DVD's to be re-released.

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Roswell DVD's to be re-released.

Post by cardinalgirl »

Coccy wrote:I bet that even the summaries and the DVDs menù are Isabel centered :roll:
I doubt they'd go to the trouble. That would involve actually reformatting the content on the disks themselves, and so far as we know, all they're doing is slapping a new sticker on them. :roll:

Besides the Heigl-overkill (which even as a huge Katherine fan—maybe especially as—I can't condone) I'm almost more annoyed by the fact that the covers are actually better-designed (at least in my opinion) than the covers we originally had here in the US. (I think the original S1 cover is very nearly ugly, S2 & S3 just passable, as if they didn't bother to make it look good until now.)
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

i just found this out today...here's the picture for it...

season 1

season 2

and can i say WHAT THE FUCK!! No Liz!!! Shiri's the main character even if season two went how it did with it focusing on the aliens more than the relationships but it's technically her show i mean i understand from a marketers stand point the whole Katherine thing and even putting Emily in the front but no liz what so ever!!!! WOW who fucked up there? she wasn't on season 2's cover last time either but that was a lil different i mean it was elaborating the background of the season 1 dvd :roll: whatever.
im just happy maria made it to a cover period :-/ she's on season 1 and 3

the only thing i dont like is that max and liz look like they want to be far the 'F' away from the other as possible as apposed to the last season 3 cover :roll:

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THESE DVDs WILL COME WITH ANY NEW SPECIAL FEATURES OR ARE THEY ONLY UPDATING THE COVERS????
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

all that said and i'd still want these dvds damn me :roll: the covers do look nice artistically even with my issues with them on a fan level

(FYI: u know they did the same thing to the itunes selling Katie up front too)
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daydreamer23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Daydreamer23 »

The Katherine-centricity aside, I do like the art for the new covers. But "Heroes Come From the Most Unexpected Places"? Where did that come from? I would have preferred "There's Truth to Every Rumor." At least that was used in the original promotion of the show. Ugh. That's all I can say. Just...ugh.

Lovely banner by guelbebek

Find all my stories here!
cookiely
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cookiely »

Daydreamer23 wrote:The Katherine-centricity aside, I do like the art for the new covers. But "Heroes Come From the Most Unexpected Places"? Where did that come from? I would have preferred "There's Truth to Every Rumor." At least that was used in the original promotion of the show. Ugh. That's all I can say. Just...ugh.

:lol: that`s because they are also targeting the "Heroes" fans

I am a bit disappointed though. There were so many more possbillieties

i.e. they could have done a variant cover with kyle`s gilfriend of season 1 to attract BSG fans
or a variant Nelly Furtado Cover for season2
RoninBehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoninBehr »

I don't plan on buying these new re-released dvds... unless they have some new or extra features... which it seems like it may not, and they are just changing the cover like you guys have said before. If someone buys them and can let us know if there is anything new added, then I'll most likely go buy them... otherwise... Ill just stick with my originals :roll:

~RoninBehr
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice, it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

-William Jennings Bryan
Jared
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jared »

i cant believe this....*sigh.. thats all i have to say.. lol.

edit : actually if you think about this, it could give us a chance to get some popularity with a Roswell Movie.

:cry:
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
~ Edgar Allan Poe
catjh2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by catjh2001 »

I bought my disks more than a year ago in one complete set and as I look at the covers for each individual season again now, there is no Liz on the season 3 cover or on the outside cover that holds the three seasons.
spacegirl23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by spacegirl23 »

Oh well. It's obviously a tactic to sell more DVDs. Izzie Stevens fan may be a little disappointed coz Izzy was quite underutilized in Season 1 (and Season 2, a little).

Anyway, they'd probably do that if it were Majandra Deluca, Nick Wechsler, or anybody from the cast who won an Emmy or is starring in an Emmy-award winning show. :D

Anyway, this could trigger a new wave of Roswell fans! :D
spacegirl23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by spacegirl23 »

:lol: on the new tagline!

Crazy :shakes head: